Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**The Knuckleballers 2009-2010 NBA Season Computer Based System Tracking Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **The Knuckleballers 2009-2010 NBA Season Computer Based System Tracking Thread**

Over the last four years, I have developed a computer based, statistical system designed to extrapolate value in Vegas’ lines. The system enables me to eliminate the lines that have little to any value and exploit the lines with a high probability of winning. Also, the system allows me to have an objective opinion and it mitigates the human element of handicapping. It is important for you to understand that this is a marathon not a sprint. My system gets stronger and stronger as the season wears on, because there is more and more relevant data to utilize. Also, money management is a key to long term success. My system does not produce “1000**** Triple Platinum Picks of the Century,” but it does produce consistent winners that help you add to your bankroll. Personally, I recommend a percentage based money management system where each unit equals .75% of your bankroll. Using this strategy it is important to recalculate your bankroll on a weekly basis. This means that your wagers increase or decrease relative to your bankroll, which allows you to capitalize on hot streaks and protect against cold spells. For tracking purposes, I will rate my picks on a 1 to 5 Unit basis with an assumed 10% vig added to all losses. Good luck to all and get used to winning on a consistent basis!

Stay “Sharp”
    -The Knuckleballer

Nov. 21 Picks

Overall (0-0)
    *****5 Unit Plays***** (0-0)
    ****4 Unit Plays**** (0-0)
    ***3 Unit Plays*** (0-0)
    **2 Unit Plays** (0-0)
    *1 Unit Plays* (0-0)

The time has come to begin posting my NBA System Picks on the forum. We now have stats from 10+ games in the computer and are ready to exploit these lines. The NBA provides a great opportunity due to the number of games played. One bad day won't break you and one good day won't make you. Remember this is a marathon not a sprint. I have a 1 Unit Pick on the early game today, and I will be back later with the remainder of my picks. The Nets must win sometime, but today is not the day. I have this game capped at Knicks -4. Both teams are very inefficient on offense, but the Knick ability to take more shots per game than anyone in the league should be the deciding factor. The fear anytime you take the Knicks is that their defense will not show up to play. In my opinion, the Knicks warrant no more than one unit in this game, but they should come away with a win. GL and enjoy!

*1 Unit Pick*
    Knicks '+2.5

Comment

Overall (0-0)
      ***3 Unit Plays*** (0-0)
      **2 Unit Plays** (0-0)
      *1 Unit Plays* (0-0)

Below are tonight's games. My only 3 Unit pick today is the Under in the Bulls/Nuggets game. Per my ratings, the Nuggets have the most efficient offense, while the Bulls have the most effective defense. The Bulls average only 90.6 points per game. I have the Bulls putting up 96 tonight with the total for the game being 197. GL and enjoy tonight's picks!!

***3 Unit Picks***
      Bulls/Nuggets Under 208.5

**2 Unit Picks**
      Kings +11
      Pistons +8.5

*1 Unit Picks*
      Bucks +3.5

Comment

Nice start man. I have been doing well in basketball this year. Nice to have something else to look at.

Comment

Overall (5-0) +9 Units
          ***3 Unit Plays*** (1-0) +3 Units
          **2 Unit Plays** (2-0) +4 Units
          *1 Unit Plays* (2-0) +2 Units

Yesterday was a great start to the season for me. Today's card is a little more complex, but we should be able to pick up some units. I love the Thunder tonight against the Lakers. The Thunder are 5-2 ATS after 1 day of rest. This is also a revenge spot for the Thunder after a 101-98 OT loss to the Lakers at home on 11/3/2009. Bynum is questionable for the Lakers. He accounts for almost 20% of the Lakers offense averaging 19.4 PPG and about 25% of their rebounding. This could spell trouble for the Lakers inside. Who fills the void? I predict a 98-97 game with either team winning. In reality, this game should be a pickem according to my system. GL and enjoy the picks!!

***3 Unit Picks***
          Thunder +10

**2 Unit Picks**
          Pistons +10

*1 Unit Picks*
          Pacers +1
          Pistons/Suns Under 207.5
          Thunder/Lakers Under 200

Comment

Yesterday (1-4) -6.7 Units
            Overall (6-4) +2.3 Units
            ***3 Unit Plays*** (1-1) -.3 Units
            **2 Unit Plays** (2-1) +1.8 Units
            *1 Unit Plays* (3-2) +.8 Units

Yesterday was ugly, but it's a long season. Hang in there and keep following. I don't have time for a writeup tonight, but here are my two NBA picks for this evening. GL and enjoy the basketball!

**2 Unit Picks**
            Kings +5.5

*1 Unit Picks*
            Bucks +8.5

Comment

Below are my early picks for tonight. I will be back in a moment to update my record and post my remaining picks. GL!!

**2 Unit Picks**
              Pacers +5.5

*1 Unit Picks*
              Pacers/Raptors Under 215

Comment

Yesterday (0-2) -3.3 Units
                Overall (6-6) -1 Units
                ***3 Unit Plays*** (1-1) -.3 Units
                **2 Unit Plays** (2-2) -.4 Units
                *1 Unit Plays* (3-3) -.3 Units

Thus far, we have had an up and down start to the NBA season. Tonight could be a big night with a card full of live dogs. Some of these totals are way too high tonight as well. I love the Under in the Nets/Nuggets game tonight. The total is 203, but I have the total capped at 195. The Nets slow pace and inefficient should help keep the scoring down. Also, Lopez is questionable for the Nets tonight. Below are the remaining picks for tonight's games. GL and cheer on the dogs tonight!!!

***3 Unit Picks***
                Nets/Nuggets Under 203
                Thunder +8

**2 Unit Picks**
                Warriors/Mavs Under 217.5
                Knicks +14
                Knicks/Lakers Under 204.5

*1 Unit Picks*
                Warriors +13

Comment

Yesterday (6-2) +9.7 Units
                  Overall (12-8) +8.7 Units
                  ***3 Unit Plays*** (3-1) +5.7 Units
                  **2 Unit Plays** (5-3) +3.4 Units
                  *1 Unit Plays* (4-4) -.4 Units

Last night was a great night with a lot of winners. Tonight, I will have no plays due to Thanksgiving. I am taking the night off to spend time with my family and prepare for company. GL, and I will be back later this week with more winners!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

:cheery:

Comment

Overall (12-8) +8.7 Units
                    ***3 Unit Plays*** (3-1) +5.7 Units
                    **2 Unit Plays** (5-3) +3.4 Units
                    *1 Unit Plays* (4-4) -.4 Units

Tonight is a small card with a lot of plays. This is a card full of potential upsets. I have the Bobcats winning this game against the Wizards tonight by the narrowest of margins. I have the game capped as 94-92 win for the Bobcats. Per my ratings, the Bobcats have the most effective defense in the NBA, while both offenses are below average. This is my only 3 Unit Pick tonight. GL and enjoy the games!!!

***3 Unit Picks***
                    Bobcats +3.5

**2 Unit Picks**
                    Blazers +5.5
                    Warriors +9
                    Lakers/Warriors Under 222

*1 Unit Picks*
                    Mavs +6.5

Comment

Overall (13-12) +4 Units
                      ***3 Unit Plays*** (4-1) +8.7 Units
                      **2 Unit Plays** (5-6) -3.2 Units
                      *1 Unit Plays* (4-5) -1.5 Units

Tonight, I have four picks. A small card tonight, but it provides us with a great opportunity to pad the bankroll for the remainder of the week. I like the Bucks tonight, but they are just a 1 Unit Pick due to some sketchy line movement. I have this game capped at Bucks -7. This is a revenge spot for the Buck after a close 83-81 loss to the Bulls on 11/3/2009. Also, Hinrich is out indefinitely with a sprained thumb. Will they miss his points? No, probably not, but they will miss his passing ability and the depth that he adds at the guard position. The Bucks should have little trouble with the Bulls at home tonight. GL and enjoy the picks!!

**2 Unit Picks**
                      Sixers '+11.5
                      Pacers '+2.5

*1 Unit Picks*
                      Bucks -3
                      Pacers/Warriors Under 228.5

Comment

Last Night (1-3) -2.4 Units
                        Overall (14-15) +1.6 Units
                        **2 Unit Plays** (6-7) -3.4 Units
                        *1 Unit Plays* (4-7) -3.7 Units

Last night was a night of near misses. The Pacers looked to have the Warriors right where they wanted them, but the Warriors had a late second half surge that clinched the game and the cover. As for the Bucks, no comments necessary. Tonight, I love the Hornets against the Lakers. Per my Power Rankings, I have the Lakers at #13 and the Hornets at #20. That #13 ranking may seem low to some, but in my opinion the Lakers are relatively unproven this season. My system has this game capped at Lakers -6.5. This number seems much more accurate than Lakers -15. GL and enjoy the picks!!

**2 Unit Picks**
                        Suns/Knicks Under 227
                        Warriors +15
                        Hornets +15

*1 Unit Picks*
                        Warriors/Nuggets Under 234

Comment

Last Night (2-2) +.7 Units
                          Overall (16-17) +2.3 Units
                          **2 Unit Plays** (8-8) -1.6 Units
                          *1 Unit Plays* (4-8) -4.8 Units

Below are my early picks for tonight. I will be back momentarily with the rest of my picks. GL and enjoy the games!!

**2 Unit Picks**
                          Suns/Cavs Under 213
                          Bucks +3

*1 Unit Picks*
                          Suns +7.5
                          Knicks +12.5

Comment

Below are the remainder of my picks for tonight. I love the Under at 215.5 in the Pacers/Kings game. I have the total capped closer to 205.5. That 10 point cushion should be enough to help us add 3 Units to the bankroll. Both defenses are in the bottom third of all NBA teams according to my ratings. This is a concern, but fortunately neither offense is too explosive. This is a matchup between two relatively even teams, and it should be a dogfight till the end. The spread is correct on this particular game, but looking at the big picture the Kings are the superior team. According to my Power Rankings the Kings are #16, while the Pacers are #25. The Kings could be scary when they get Kevin Martin back from his wrist injury, and I would not be suprised to see them move steadily upward in my Power Rankings. The Kings are definitely a team to watch as the season progresses. They have already covered 11 of their 16 games, which puts them on my radar going forward. GL and enjoy the hoops action!!!

***3 Unit Picks***
                            Pacers/Kings Under 215.5

*1 Unit Picks*
                            Pistons +7.5
                            Pistons/Bulls Over 182
                            Rockets/Clippers Over 193

Comment

Last Night (3-5) +1.5 Units
                              Overall (19-22) +3.8 Units
                              ***3 Unit Plays*** (5-1) +11.7 Units
                              **2 Unit Plays** (10-8) +2.4 Units
                              *1 Unit Plays* (4-13) -10.3 Units

The 1 Unit Picks are killing us in the NBA. Going forward, I will make a concerted effort to better weed out the weakest 1 Unit Picks each evening. Tonight, I have 3 totals and 1 side. My strongest pick is the Celtics/Spurs Over 188. I have this total capped at 194.5. Per my ratings, both offenses are relatively effective with the Celtics having a #6 offensive ranking and the Spurs having a #11 ranking. Both teams enter this game averaging 100+ points per game. GL and enjoy the picks!! Please check back later, as I have a very important post regarding how I will be computing my winning % and why I will be computing it in that manner. Once again, GL to all!!

***3 Unit Picks***
                              Celtics/Spurs Over 188

**2 Unit Picks**
                              Heat/Nuggets Under 210.5
                              Rockets/Warriors Under 221

*1 Unit Picks*
                              Heat +9

Comment

Working...
                              X