Lang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang

10 DIME - GOLDEN STATE-DENVER UNDER - I met George Karl once.

It was years ago while he was head coach of the Milwaukee Bucks, and it was right after they played the Orlando Magic in Orlando.

I went to the game with Ted Tryba and he had played in a pro-am with the head coach so after the game he comes out and meets Ted and I to say hello.

We make small talk at which point I tell him they look sluggish defensively and he says something I still find funny to this day but yet very profound to this day.

"This team couldn't guard their mothers, but a game like this allows me to get their attention."

When you are a Denver team that comes off a devasting loss to Minnesota, a one win team and you lose to them at home, trust me folks, you are not going to allow another team in their home court to outplay them.

A loss like that allows Karl to do just what he said to Tryba and me that day, I can now get their attention and believe me, he will get it.

Denver will clamp down on defense enough to bring the Golden State how power offense to a crawl from what their used to. Compare the fact that 7 of the Nuggets last 8 games have gone Under when they have allowed a 100 points the previous game.

This is a good spot for the Nuggets to refocus with a head coach who chewed some ass and a point guard in Chauncey Billups who will set the tone early.

It's one thing to lose a home game and it's an entirely different thing to lose it the way Denver did last time out.

They will refocus their efforts on defense. Golden State also tends to step off the gas after a straight up win going under 9 of the last 11 next game out.

Watch Denver come out with the defense tonight and put forth a great effort, get the foul taste out of their mouth and keep this one under the total.

FREE SELECTION - PACIFIC TIGERS
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"
Working...
X