X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Gold's NBA 2009.12.26 Picks

NBA 2009.12.26, first 2 picks:

Philadelphia 76ers @ Utah Jazz

This is a matchup where a western conference team will host a eastern conference team. More than a month ago, Jazz went to Philadelphia won 112-90, something changed meanwhile, however I think that those changes just increase our spot.

Sixiers are now playing a faster game, has they had taking out one center to add one more guard in their style of game. This was a turning point, however, they still missing results. There is no doubt that they stated to discuss more the game, and after 12 straight losses, they already won 2 and lost another in OT in their last 5 games. They team weren't a good defender before these changes, however, they get worst after it. The only improvement was in their offense, and the add of Iverson only improves this effects, better offense to worst defense. This sign was to reimburse the lost for injuries of Louis Williams, but he returned last match. But today we will probably see Sixiers without Iverson, and so, this will be a match with the old players playing a new kind of game due to Iverson sign.

Jazz are a home team. In Salt Lake city they got always supporters, great fans in every game, and this is an arena where referees usually turns supporters of the home team as well. The team has maintained their key players from last year, but this season they are struggling a little bit despite the positive record. The truth is that they can be a contenders if they play a good game as every one knows they can. They are showing it some times, but they have to improve it if they want to be in the PO, and there is no doubt that playoffs are their minimum achievement to this season. This Christmas break can be a turning point to this team, and I expect it.

For today, there is a huge advantage for Utah Jazz, as they are a good defenders at home. With the kind of game that Sixiers will take to Utah, there is no doubt that Jazz knows handle it. It's the kind of game that makes Jazz shine, as they can play a fast game as well, and show some strength on their defense as well. With a high pace, there is no team who can leave Utah happy, and Jazz usually outscored opponents when they win.

Pick: Utah Jazz -7 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker

San Antonio Spurs @ Milwaukee Bucks

Both teams are passing a bad moment. But these 3 days off, will be an opportunities to think about their moment, and improving where bot teams can be strong, as defense.

Milwaukee is 4-12 in last 16, after a good start. They have Redd ok after an injure, Bogut that is a good defender, and a great improvement of Ilyasova. They also had accuracy in the draft, choosing the best rookie so far in this season, Jennings. When this team win, usually they score around 90 and only allow around 80 points. In their last 18 games, they only for 5 times they scored more than 100 points. And they aren't scoring less points lately, they just are more soft on their defense, and it's what they have to improve in order to achieve more wins. And this days off were certainly to talk about it and make the players understand how important is defense.

Spurs are a disappointing so far. This team, that plays together at so many time, seems now a old team. The strength of this team is their defense, as they are players that play with a low pace and got the size in the paint. In the road they are with a negative record, because their defense doesn't work in the same way. But this pause can give good effects on this team, They rested for few days, and so they would be prepared to manage the games.

Both teams have to improve their defense. After this Christmas break, I think that both teams will try to control the game by their defense. Probably this game will be played in a low pace, many mistakes will be probably committed due to a strong defense from both sides.

Pick: Under 191 -110 (1.91) The Greek

Dunno if I'll have time to properly focus on handicapping the other NBA games for today or for the next days, the family is celebrating the arrival of a new member and I my results might suffer from all this happiness. :P

NBA 2009.12.26, last 3 picks:

Charlotte Bobcats @ Oklahoma City Thunder: Under 190.5 -110 (1.91) The Greek

Los Angeles Lakers @ Sacramento Kings: Los Angeles Lakers -6 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker

Phoenix Suns @ Golden State Warriors: Phoenix Suns -3 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker

Comment

Working...
    X