One Play A Day for 5 Days ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Play A Day for 5 Days ..

I was wondering if it makes sense to do this. Start off with a $20 play or so and just keep rolling it over if I win . 5 picks , 5 winners in a row is would be the goal..

$22/20 if win $42 to play
    $42/38 if win $80 to play
    $80/72 if win $152 to play
    $152/138 if win $290 to play
    then $290/$263 if win $553.

What are my odds of going 5-0 ? This actually looks tempting because my rick overall will be only $22 anyway..Hmmm
    If your actions inspire others to dream more,learn more,
    do more and become more,you are a leader.

Originally posted by MrDecipher View Post

What are my odds of going 5-0 ? This actually looks tempting because my rick overall will be only $22 anyway..Hmmm
    64 to 1. So over the long run if you tried this 64 times you would go 5-0 one time. Winning that $553 would cost you $1408 (22 X64 = 1408). IMO, Not a good ROI, but who knows you may go 5-0 the first time?

GL :thumbs:

Comment

very tough to do... IMO if you did try to go 5-0 it would be better to find the best 5 plays in a month, perhaps longer to find optimal spots. Even then it would be tough.....
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Thanks guys , I always appreciate a little math demonstration explanation . troubleduke , help me out here if you would . How does my chances figure to be 64/1 ? just so I have a better understanding. Thanks again.

Comment

OK , lets do it (not sure I'm going to have the ballz) when/if the I get to 3-0 and above..LOL
          Wizards +3 $22/20. Now watch me get blown away with the very first pick . :boom:

Comment

Had to take +2½ , line moved on me . Oops ! is that a bad sign ?

Comment

WELL ... This one was over before it begun . And guess what ? I have no plan to try that 64 times.... LOL

Comment

WELL ... This one was over before it begun . And guess what ? I have no plan to try that 64 times.... LOL . 35-15 Heat , 1st half not over yet... :laughing:

Comment

I just did it based on if you think you have a 50/50 chance to win each bet:

1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/64

If you think you have a 55% chance to win each bet (which is probably what you should believe before betting a game) your chances of hitting 5 in a row would be slightly better.

Hope you hit it though. I'm happy when anyone takes the bookie's money no matter how they do it. :beerbang:

Comment

Thanks , speaking of taking the bookie's money . ALL my plays for today look Horrible.. I hope these fools turn it around before these games go final...OMG

Comment

Working...
                    X