Cris Paul won't play for a while...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cris Paul won't play for a while...

New Orleans Hornets All-Star point guard Chris Paul(notes) will undergo arthroscopic surgery for a cartilage tear in his left knee on Monday and could miss one to two months, sources close to Paul told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday night.

Paul injured the knee in the final moments of regulation in a loss to the Chicago Bulls on Friday. Paul was injured after he fell into a photographer on the baseline after trying to catch an errant inbounds pass from Hornets forward David West. Paul came up limping after the play, which led to the Bulls tying the game with .2 seconds left.

Paul also told reporters he had initially twisted the same knee in a win over the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday.

Test results revealed a partial tear to Paul’s meniscus. There is still some doubt as to the extent of the injury, one source said, but it is not believed to be season-ending.
    If your actions inspire others to dream more,learn more,
    do more and become more,you are a leader.

Thanks for posting this. And damn it, I should have read through these threads before posting my picks, I'm on the Hornets tonight. If I had known earlier this would have been a no play for me. Ah fk, I guess I'll let it ride.
    Last edited by PhilRivers; 02-01-2010, 12:47 PM.
    Nobody spins the floater better than Phil Rivers. Nobody.

Comment

No worries PhilRivers , good luck with the play ...
      If your actions inspire others to dream more,learn more,
      do more and become more,you are a leader.

Comment

public is already lining up on PHO tonight with the +1 after they beat HOU last night in OT.

Comment

I havent dabbled in the nba too much, but im makin a decent sized wager onthe hornets tonight. they didnt miss a beat last game without paul as collison had 18 assists in that solid comeback win at memphis, major confidence builiding win considering how great the grizz have been at home.
          the hornets actually already beat the suns at home earlier this year without chris paul. ive noticed lately that whenever the suns get a double digit lead they give it all back eventually. las tnight for example they gave up an 18 point lead before pulling out the ot win. the rockets had a dreadful shooting night (fg% was 35% after regulation) and they still almost won. or how about the 9 point loss at utah the other day, where they were up 17 with 3 minutes left in 3rd quarter.

the suns are 10-15 on the road and the last time they played a tough road game down to the wire (the 1 point loss to atl couple weeks ago) they proceeded to get demolished at charlotte on back end the next night. gotta think they're gassed from last nite and the hornets will have more energy. one of those game where if the suns are up 15 early i wont worry too much because they cant hold leads.

Comment

Working...
          X