Let me get your thoughts on Griz ML

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me get your thoughts on Griz ML

Hey fellow cappers, what say you about putting in a pretty big ML play on the Griz at the Nets tonight? I need someone to either talk me out of it or give some insight on why it's a bad idea to lay a -230 ML against a team that has won 5 games out of 55.

I do like my chances on playing a real large ML!

HELP :nuts:
    Nobody spins the floater better than Phil Rivers. Nobody.

Well Phil

I like them MINUS the points ...

Do you feel the line is too high ?

I don't at all

Memphis is a good basketball team with good point guard play and the best big guy in the league when you talk in terms of double doubles

Randolph has 37 double double this year and is an excellent OFFENSIVE REBOUNDER..

Not really a good road team is Memphis

I say take the chance and lay the points ..

The line is only 6 ... This is a nets team that has only covered 13 times this year .. and this line does not seem inflated at all to me.

Im gonna lay 5 and play it -130

a two unit risk for me will bring 1.5 units in return .. I think that is solid :thumbs:
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Don't like it...mainly because I think your risk is higher than your reward. Memphis is only 9-17 on road....granted not vs. NJ each time, but it is not very good for a .500 team.

I think this game could go down to the wire. NJ will win a few more this year. They have actually not played too badly the last 5 games ,winning one and losing by 3 to MIA.

GL :beerbang:
      Go Boilers!
      thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
      NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
      NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
      NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
      NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
      NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
      NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
      NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
      NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
      NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerBacker View Post
        Don't like it...mainly because I think your risk is higher than your reward. Memphis is only 9-17 on road....granted not vs. NJ each time, but it is not very good for a .500 team.

I think this game could go down to the wire. NJ will win a few more this year. They have actually not played too badly the last 5 games ,winning one and losing by 3 to MIA.

GL :beerbang:
        i agree here when you say " risk is higher than your reward " and think that's the bottom line.

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Do you feel the line is too high ?

I don't at all
          no I don't think so I think the Griz could destroy the Nets... but at a 5-50 and wanting to put a lot on this game I might as well go ML (maybe??) The -230 look like almost a sure thing (emphasis on almost), however Griz only won 2 of their last 10 games and Nets haven't been playing completely terribly recently.. but they've still got to be a better team than the Nets on their worst day right?

I feel like I'm getting tricked into thinking this is free money! Can the Nets possibly win their 6th game of the season tonight towards the end of February???

Still pondering.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilRivers View Post
            no I don't think so I think the Griz could destroy the Nets... but at a 5-50 and wanting to put a lot on this game I might as well go ML (maybe??) The -230 look like almost a sure thing (emphasis on almost), however Griz only won 2 of their last 10 games and Nets haven't been playing completely terribly recently.. but they've still got to be a better team than the Nets on their worst day right?

I feel like I'm getting tricked into thinking this is free money! Can the Nets possibly win their 6th game of the season tonight towards the end of February???

Still pondering.
            If your feeling like your getting tricked then i would stay away from ML

i think Memphis -6 is a solid play

i think Memphis really needs this game and will play with a sense of urgency ..
            When you are a playoff contendor , you have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat .

What i like most about Memphis is there athleticism and their versatility. Good Guard play, deep guard play . Mayo,Gay,Conley... they just picked up a player too i do believe ( can't remember right now who that is )

Gasol and Randolph will be too much IMO

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

I appreciate the input, Boiler. I had a feeling most "seasoned" (meant as a compliment to your betting skills, not your age if you happen to be older lol!!!) betters would disapprove...

I guess that's the real question is if the -230 risk is worth the reward.. I'm fairly new to betting and I want to say yes.. maybe I just won't go balls to the wall if I play it..

But 5-50 .. oh so tempting!!!

Comment

Portland vs Utah

Utah is red hot right now ...

Utah is 3rd in the west
                Portland is 8th

I am really impressed with Portland. They lost Roy for a bunch of games ( something like 20 games ) and the still managed to compete, night after night ..

Is Roy 100% ? I don't think so ..

Any thoughts on that one ????

I don't see how you could go against a UTAH team who has won 16 of last 18 games and have been ROAD Warriors .. Six straight wins on the road for Jazz:thumbs:

Any thoughts on that one phil .. Hope Marquette can pull that one out for ya, just saw they in OT

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Marquette is a winner! I feel like a child on Christmas day! It looks like I have managed to post a winning card on predictem.com! lol

I hadn't looked that far ahead yet, Bunk.. let me take a glimpse and see what I think.. I'll tell you this though, of my rare NBA ATS wins the Jazz make up a good portion of them.

Comment

Is this B. Roy' first game back since being out?

Jazz are 7-1 SU in their last 8 road games... and 9-1 in their last 10... not looking past that I don't see why you'd bet against them as a dog??

I see value in the Jazz ML as you don't have to pay any vig.. The one thing that worries me is the line has moved two whole points towards Trailblazers winning...

blazers are a good team, but you said it man, jazz have been real hot! I just might play them tonight

:party:

Comment

Working...
                    X