Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Saturday - 03/03

Splitsville last night...

Congrats to all on the C's today, I was too damn lazy to call my bookie. :bang:

Hitting these tonight.

Knicks +5.5 (-110) @ Hawks
    Spurs @ Rockets +4.5 (-110)
    Magic +13.5 (-110) @ Mavericks
    Pacers @ Clippers -2.5 (-110)

2 units

Knicks +200 @ Hawks
    Spurs @ Rockets +170

1 unit

Gl to all. :sm:

Magic get it right tonight. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by rjp View Post
      Magic get it right tonight. :thumbs:
      I hope so bro, although I didn't really cap the game very much. I think I have it engrained (sp?) in mind to take the points in any NBA game where the spread is higher than 12 no matter what the situation. It worked pretty well for me in January and early February, but recently it seems like the big favs are covering the number more often than not.

Comment

The numbers support your theory, and to be honest when I don't have time to handicap the games (kind of like now) it's the only value I find.

Also look at home DOGs getting at least 6 points in the same eye ... if you want to be ultra safe then take any away team getting 10 points, and take any home team getting 8 points.

Comment

:ohman: I definitely like the big home dogs too, especially after the first couple of months of the season when the pub thinks they have figured out who is good and who sucks. It's worked pretty well playing against road favs like the Heat, Nuggets, and Pistons, but the Suns and Mavs have cost me some coin this year. I gotta work on picking my spots better.

Halftime and the Magic are up by two. Hope they don't implode :ohman:

Comment

The Suns and Mavs have been unreal this year, but it's these types of runs that make betting on sports profitable for some of us. Even though the odds are in our favor we don't always win. Average Joe sees this as some sort of ability to "pick a winner" instead of playing the odds.

As for tonight, it would be nice to see the Magic keep from being outscored by 16 points in the 4th. :nuts:

Comment

You're right-- playing against Dallas and Phoenix cost me alot early in the year, but recently it's started to even out a little bit more. And I'm too damn stubborn to stop playing against the them here on out.

Magic:cheers:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X