***Playoffs***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Playoffs***

Finished up one of the worst seasons I've had in the NBA strong, picking up 55 units in around 3 weeks. Onto the playoffs:beerbang:

Nothing in yet, just wanted to get some initial thoughts down. The Cavaliers are going to pummel the Bulls imo. Just not enough on that team to really give the Cavs a run for their money. LeBron is going to come out focused and I think they bury them in the first game. I would say this ends in a sweep, and game one I give the Bulls zero shot at the su win. Unfortunately the ML is @-900! 11 pts at first glance may look like way too many, and even appear as value on Chicago. However, looking deeper into their games this season I think the value may lie with the Cavs game 1.

The Bulls had 14 road losses to playoff teams, and in those losses 5 came by fewer than 12 points.

7 pt loss @Dal
    3 pt loss @Mil
    5 pt lposs @Char
    2 pt loss @Mil
    8 pt loss @Mia

The Cavs are a far cry from the Cats and Bucks. Miami later beat them by 13 @ home. MOV when on the road facing some of the other playoff teams

lost by 29@Orl
    lost by 35@Atl
    lost by 14@Clev
    lost by 19@Utah
    lost by 24@Port
    lost by 19@Den
    lost by 15@Lal
    lost by 28@Bos

11 points doesn't seem like as much to me after looking at the numbers. Heavy lean to the Cavaliers to win this game comfortably, and also a lean to the Cavs team over. Shpould be 101 juiced or 101.5, and they surrendered over 101 in 10 of 14 losses to playoff teams.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Many are looking to the Thunder as a possible dog team to pull off the upset. However, I think this is another series that ends quickly. I do expect OKC to get one at home, but I like the Lakers to win and cover game 1. Aside from all the talk of the Lakers being finished, you have revenge from a 91-75 beatdown @OKC. In that game Kobe had 11 pts, 9 turnovers and the team as a whole shot 39%, 2-15 from 3. They also had 18 turnaovers and Phil was quoted as saying he thought Gasol was soft. IMO another line that looks too high, but really I think there is enough motivation at work here to give the Lakers the cover. Previous to the loss @OKC, La had beat the Thunder 12 straight times.

Comment

AK47 out for round one, IMO a huge blow to the Jazz

Utah Jazz: Kirilenko reinjures calf, likely to miss playoff series
      By Ross Siler
      The Salt Lake Tribune
      Updated: 04/16/2010 12:41:20 PM MDT

As if Wednesday's loss to Phoenix wasn't discouraging enough, the Jazz will open their first-round playoff series against Denver on an even lower note after Andrei Kirilenko suffered yet another setback trying to return from his injured left calf.
      Kirilenko likely will miss the entire series against the Nuggets after straining his calf for a third time in the last month while playing a 2-on-2 game Thursday with Kosta Koufos, Othyus Jeffers and Sundiata Gaines.
      "He was devastated, but that's part of this business," Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said. "You just try to encourage him to try to keep his spirits up because there's not anything we can do about it."
      Whether the Jazz will have Carlos Boozer for Saturday's Game
      Video
      Denver prepares to take on the Jazz -- video from The Denver Post.
      1 also remains to be seen. Boozer did not practice Friday and did not make an appearance during the media availability period. He missed Wednesday's game with a strained right oblique.
      "We have to plan on him being there from the conversations we've had with him and with [trainer] Gary [Briggs]," Sloan said. "But in the event he's not, we're still going to play."
      The Jazz said Kirilenko would miss at least two weeks while exploring treatment options, but Kirilenko told one teammate that he expected to be out for three weeks. Kirilenko originally injured his calf in the Jazz's March 12 loss at Milwaukee.
      He returned for games March 17 against Minnesota and March 26 at Indiana but couldn't finish either after straining
      Advertisement

his calf all over again. He missed 15 of the last 17 games only to suffer another strain Thursday in a third different spot, according to the team.
      Kirilenko, who also wasn't available to reporters Friday, had taken a conservative approach and sat out the Jazz's final nine games to be careful. He nearly returned Wednesday and said then he was "pretty confident" about playing in Game 1.
      "We needed him out there because I thought he was going to be ready because he was feeling better," Mehmet Okur said. "Now it's just tough. I feel bad about him."
      C.J. Miles summed up the mood, "You can see guys kind of upset about it."
      The Jazz have gone 10-5 in the games has missed so far. They will continue to start Miles, but will have to face with the Nuggets and leading scorer Carmelo Anthony without their most dynamic player as well as one of their best defenders.
      "You have guys that maybe wouldn't get an opportunity to play as much, but now that somebody's hurt, they have to step up and be able to play," Sloan said. "Maybe they get on a roll, maybe they get better.
      "There's a lot of different reasons why you might have a chance to win if you go with that in mind. If you go in with the mind, 'Let's try to get it over with, so we don't have to play,' then you're going to have a tough time."
      The Jazz already had been laid low by Wednesday's loss to Phoenix, which cost them home-court advantage in the first round and left them as the Western Conference's No. 5 seed with a less-than-favorable playoff path.
      Not only did the Nuggets reach last season's Western Conference finals, but they went 34-7 at home this season and beat the Jazz three of the four times they played.
      "That momentum that you want is not necessarily there for sure," Kyle Korver said. "That's something we've got to get back."
      rsiler@sltrib.com

Return to Top

Comment

Good info Dog!

I like all of your thoughts except for the Lakers/Thunder series. Have been looking at Lakers alot lately and even though they have been playing to win, they have looked way off their game. I think Lakers will win the series, but I have a bet on Thunder to come through because of the value...
        Thunder very good playing atm and they can hang with Lakers imo. Kobe will undoubtebly step up and Phil Jackson will set his team up for a great performance, but I still go with the Thunder. To cover the spread tommorow and a small bet to come through.

Can't wait for it all to get underway

BOL in the playoffs Dog!!
        If you fail to prepare – you prepare to fail!
        “If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?” Vince Lombardi

Comment

Great job at the end of the season! I wish wouldn't have bailed at the end of March and just tailed you. :bang:

Gl in the playoffs! :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks guys:thumbs:

Hawks-8.5

3 units

Game 1 Parlay

Hawks-450
            Lakers-350
            Suns-380

3 to win 2.95 units

Comment

Just realized I never posted the final play on Cavs:bang:

Oh well, Jazz/Nugss over later looking good. AK out means even less defense for the Jazz....

Comment

Hawks couldn't slam door shut to start 2ndh, gonna be a nailbiter:bang:

Heat/Celtics u184

Heat/Celtics u93 1sth

Heat+2.5-105 1sth

2 units each

Heat/C's u184
                Nuggets-240

+170

2 units

Comment

Heat+180

Jazz/Nuggets o208

Mavericks-200

1 unit each

Parlayed @+701 for 1 unit

Hawks :thumbs:

Comment

Heat team o43.5-105 2ndh/ Lakers-230 1sth (+170)

Heat+4.5-105 2ndh

1 unit each

Comment

I think wade takes over second half, but could be a close one down the stretch. Still think the C's are a dead team walking tho

Comment

Some random stats on Nuggets game....

21 home games played vs playoff teams....

17-4 su (losses to Spurs twice, suns and Mavs.)

In 12 of the 17 wins they scored 109+

In 15 of 17 they won by 6 or more.

I cannot endorse a play on Utah. Thinking about a play on Nuggets team o107:thumbs:

Comment

Hope you hit that Nuggets tt with me!

Good day today bud!!
                          NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
                          MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
                          MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
                          NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
                          Updated on 01/13/18
                          ---
                          One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

I did, but played last second so post was useless. had over tied to 3 longshot parlays too so it was nice. Onto the next day....

Lakers-7.5-110

Cats/Magic o187

3 units each

Thunder team u95-118
                            Spurs+7-192
                            Cavaliers gm 2-700
                            Hawks gm2-380

+306

2 units

Comment

Lakers-400
                              Lakersu196.5
                              Cats/Magic o187
                              Suns-450

+450

1 unit

Comment

Working...
                              X