btk opening night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• btk opening night

Boston Celtics +1.5 - Taking the home squad and the more experienced team tonight. The Heat will obviously be looking to make a statment against the defending eastern conference champs but have struggled to put it all together in the pre season and have had a full squad for only 3 minutes. Wade's hammy already bothering him and the last thing the Heat need is for one of their big three to go down exposing their thin bench. I expect the Celtics to play some zone tonight forcing the Heat into jump shots and away from their strengh of getting to the basket. IMO Celtics should have the rebounding edge with a much beefer front line and more experienced defensive unit. Public sure to be on the Heat, currently see around a 68% clip and IMO books could have made the line MIA -3 and still gotten plenty of Heat money.

2 units

Leaning Blazers and Under right now but not sure if I will make it a play. Think the Suns are really going to struggle this year and rely on the 3 ball way to much. Channing Frye had a great year last year but you can't surviive in the NBA with your center consistantly jacking up triples and not rebounding. The addition of Turkoglu will surely lead to some high scoring games when both he and JRich are hot but neither has shot the ball particularly well this preaseson and I think Portland wins this won rather easily
    NFL '12

GL Billy! As a Cavs fan I friggen hate the heat, hope you cash it. :beerbang:

Comment

thanks troub...Heat looked worse than I thought in the 1H...Favorite stat of the night was that the Heat's lowest 1Q total last year was 12 points and were held to 9 last night.
      NFL '12

Comment

keeping tonights plays here for the rest of the openers

Jazz +4.5 - Really like the Jazz this year as an under the radar team. Think Al Jefferson is in for a career year with Deron Williams getting him the ball. Big Al not having to carry the entire offensive load on his shoulders like he did in Minny will help as well.

Clippers +3 - Like the Clips alot this year as well if they can stay healthy. Blake Griffin has been getting alot of attention with his play in the pre season but I really think Eric Gordon will dictate where this team goes this year. Think he takes some big strides, becoming an all star callaber player.

Thunder/Bulls Under 193.5 - Bulls are a pretty athletic team and if Tom Thibadeau gets his young group committed to playing D like he did the Celtics, I think their could be some good value on Chicago unders this year.

1 unit each
        Last edited by Billy The Kid; 10-27-2010, 03:14 PM.
        NFL '12

Comment

I thought that Jazz line looked low at first glance. Normally when these two teams play, the line is more in the -7 to -9 range for the home team, and the home team nearly always covers too. I see it at -4 right now, leads me to believe they are looking for Denver money.

Hope you're right about the Clippers showing some signs of life this year :bang:

Comment

0-3 last night, no play was really that close either...back at it tonight...

You were right with the Jazz stiff. Expected more out of them. Lot of emotion from Denver though with the return on George Karl....Clipps looked good at times but the D needs some work. Still think they take some big strides this year if they stay healthy

For tonight....

Magic/Wizards Under 191.5

2 units

...considering the Jazz again tonight but just one for now..
            NFL '12

Comment

I agree about the Clips potential to show some big strides this year if they stay healthy. They were very competitive last night against what I believe will be a very good team this year that certainly has far more experience together than do the Clips.

Portland was also very good on b2b nights last season, so it's not like you could really spin in to say "yep, same old Clips, couldn't even beat a team in a bad spot on a b2b".

I also think the public will jump ship now already (the old what have you done for me lately theory) getting burned with taking LAC +3 or +2.5 last night, because from reading around, it seemed like a pretty big public play, so possibly the Clips will have some line value coming up here as the season gets going....

Comment

The Clippers are a freakin enigma. They ALWAYS seem to have that one point in the game where they go on a scoring draught for 5-7 mins. They were in it towards the end but just folded like a cheap tent. Hopefully they turn it around this year, they have some really interesting talent.

Maybe Sterling is a f'n jinx? lol

Comment

Working...
                X