• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daws1089's Thursday Play

ytd:20-27-1 -17.95 units

Lakers -3.5 -105

4 units

0-3 -7.7 units this week. stay away from these plays.

LOL i'm with ya. Got LAL at -3. I think very little of this Lakers team, but it's much too easy to fade them here catching +3.5 with the "best team in the nba" according to many. I'd think this would be LAL -1 or -2 at the absolute most if books actually wanted people to do anything but play the Spurs.

Hopefully time to turn it around for u :thumbs:

Comment

yea stif. this is a really good spot to play lal. lakers are garbage this year everyone can see that, i dont see them being able to just "turn it on" and bring it all together when its time for the playoffs. However, until someone beats them in the playoffs they will be the champs. Spurs catching 3 and the hook here? come on.

Comment

I normally agree with you both when it comes to why a line may be set a certain way, but never with Kobe playing for the Lakers at home will they be favored by only -1. I think line is fair, but LA is playing like garbage. Spurs off a loss, Lakers probably do need it more, but I don't think LA is bettable at this point. JMO, I think there could be scoring in this one, leaning 1stq over/ 1sth over
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

all valid points underdog. I guess we'll see:thumbs:

Comment

I do think the Spurs run out of gas down the stretch of the season, and will definitely be looking at the Kings tomorrow night. Spurs off a b2b Kings off a tough home loss but has been playing great ball at home lately. :thumbs:
            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

yea popavich is pushing them too hard. This is basically the same team as last year, i dont really think they will end up being that good come playoff time.

Comment

Guess the +3.5 was "easy"

The Lakers blow this year. I think the Clips might be better....or damn close :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                  yea popavich is pushing them too hard. This is basically the same team as last year, i dont really think they will end up being that good come playoff time.
                  I have to respectfully disagree, he may start to push them hard now on the rodeo road trip and tweak that not-so stellar D they have, but Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan above all have been averaging less than 35 minutes I think (off the top my head). He can afford to because they are deeper and they've had an early soft schedule with heavy play at home IMO.

But everyone knows they want to dust Duncan off and keep him fresh for the postseason. With Blair in the lineup at center, the Spurs are not a big team and can IMO be pushed around by bigger teams like Boston and the Lakers.

What's crazy is last night exposed the Lakers only glaring need that I see at this point which is shooting. They don't have any consistent 3s, and Kobe just either shoots too much or not enough.

anyways sorry to hijack, just my two cents :thumbs:
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

But I do agree they are really the same team as last year. As I said, their pretty record is a product of easy early schedule (blowing teams out to allow Pop to sit Duncan more), Jefferson playing better than last season which isnt much because he set a low standard last year lol, and luck (knock on wood) that they haven't had a major injury for the starters. Their bench is the same with McDyess and Hill, but the shooting of Neal has helped, and when the rookie James Anderson is back in the lineup it will help them, he was shooting hot before he went down.

Splitter came in with high expectations but I don't expect an impact unless Popavich is secretly holding him back til the playoffs, which I doubt.

lol sorry Daws I know few people want to read me rant on and on about the Spurs lol
                    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

no worries q.

after last night i respectfully disagree with myself too. the lakers just aren't that good. artest has crossed over to the over the hill gang, non of the supporting guys can shoot. bynum does not offer much in my eyes so that leaves kobe, odom and gasol.

Gary Neal (towson guy:beerbang:) has been huge off the bench. george hill is playing a smaller roll which is fine. jefferson playing much better for sure. their guards are just so damn good though. probably peaking too early though and come playoff time i dont see them repping the west.

spurs were easy money last night, such a shame i can never see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X