Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Sunday NBA Discussion***

for the sickos:laughing:

Great games today figured it deserved it's own thread as opposed to me just rambling in my thread. Maybe somebody want to discuss?

Heat-2.5
    Celtics ou188.5

Line opened Heat-1 and got steamed the f up. I think a couple things about this line. First, if the C's hadn't lost two in a row this would be a pick/C's-1. This is the team that for most of this season everybody declared as the best team in the East, and they are dogged at home? Didn't expect it would get up to 2.5 either.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Obvious Heat big time revenge after dropping the first two meetings, but the Heat are a different team now then when they last played each other. The starters are getting more and more cohesive, and the bench got deeper. Mike miller showed signs of what he can do off the bench last game. The C's bench isn't deeper at all. If Perkins gets into foul trouble, they will have a tough time in the paint imo. A Celtics win would clinch any possible tiebreaker add to that the Heat just regained the .5 game lead in the East, so this game is for first place. No way there is a lack of motivation on either side for this one. Wade "This is not as big a game as everyones is making it...but it's not another regular season game" Yeah, this is a big game. I think right now the Heat need it more, and I tend to think they get it....

Comment

I think heat win too. Celtics dogged at home tells me that too

Comment

regarding the total, this would be an under play in the system I used to play. Team pts average combined is 200 and the total is 188.5 more than 10 pts under the avg. However, I don't know if I could play something under related here. The first time they played was the season opener... scores by quarter

25 50 45 48 so 1stq they struggled, so it's understandable. 93 2ndh pts. Next meeting

47 60 59 53 107 1sth/ 112 2ndh. Both teams shot 50%+.

While I could see a quarter where one team only scores 20, I think there is potential for there to be a 60 pt quarter mixed in there... I'm leaning towards a 1sth over right now, 94.5

Comment

Lakers+1

Magic.... ou195

Lakers on a mission right now, personally this is a play on the Lakers or lay off type game. The Lakers always kill it on this road trip, and this time doesn't seem any different. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers run the table going into the all star break. The Magic haven't had a convincing win since beating the Mavericks jan 8. Really they are winning the games they should and that's about it. Jameer isn't playing well, and really I just don't think this team has figured out how they will play together. Now they have to find a way to guard Kobe with Jrich, Hedo and...Reddick? Howard is going to do his thing inside like always, but the Lakers have enough bodies to throw at him. I'm going to look inot playing a Kobe prop today, though because of the situation it may be inflated....

The thing about the NBA is that nothing is as dramatic as it may seem. Given any point of the season a team could be "the best in the game" and then weeks later everyone is crapping on them. Happened to LAL, Heat, C's, Magic, Dallas. I'm sure it will happen to the Spurs at some point 2ndh. Right now I think the Lakers are the better team playing better ball.

Comment

Durant questionable in the late one... doubt much defense gets played there, but the Warriors have been shooting poorly (aside from Nuggets game).

Raptors a fade or no bet to me. Clippers off a loss @ Cleveland, has to be demoralizing. 209 total I would lean over, but have to look a little deeper.

I think the Cavaliers beat the Wiz... now that they got the monkey of their back they should be able to handle another poor road team. Leaning Cavs as a straight play, over or no play regarding total.

I don't think the Blazers deserve to be road faves right now. They have two straight road wins vs Cavs and Raptors, not impressive. P{istons with 2 straight road losses, but they were outmatched, and have beaten some good teams at home. Thinking about a Pistons play in some form.

Comment

well that was quite a 3rdq from the C's (and refs). LOL at me for fading the C's as home dogs.

Comment

Miller blows dick

Comment

yea miller missed open 3 after open 3. once i saw that line go to 3 i got cold feet on miami.

Comment

I really thought the Heat bench would produce but they did nothing at all. Oh well, hopefully the Lakers can get the win....

Comment

Working...
                    X