Bulls = Choke Artists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulls = Choke Artists

How many 4th quarter chokes can a team have in a series? Good Lord! Rose as MVP? LOL, dude can't even make clutch free throws.. guess he didn't learn from costing Memphis a national title.

Don't blame rose. Without him and with some average joe taking his spot Chicago goes out in the first round, at best. Maybe not even a playoff team. Look at their supporting cast. It's not exactly championship material. Their second best player is Luol Deng! A fine player and all, but not exactly the guy that's gonna push you over the top to the finals. No one on the Bulls but Rose can create their own shot either. It's no wonder they went cold every competitive game in the 4th qtr when a great defensive team clamped down on them.

They had a great season, probably over achieved actually, but they have some work to do with that roster if they want a championship...

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
      Don't blame rose. Without him and with some average joe taking his spot Chicago goes out in the first round, at best. Maybe not even a playoff team. Look at their supporting cast. It's not exactly championship material. Their second best player is Luol Deng! A fine player and all, but not exactly the guy that's gonna push you over the top to the finals. No one on the Bulls but Rose can create their own shot either. It's no wonder they went cold every competitive game in the 4th qtr when a great defensive team clamped down on them.

They had a great season, probably over achieved actually, but they have some work to do with that roster if they want a championship...
      Well let's say I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on his FG% because he has nobody else. Okay. But his turnovers and clutch free throw shooting has been really bad. I mean there is nobody else to blame but Rose when he is on the line and just simply misses.. he did it in Game 4, Game 5, and of course the infamous Kansas - Memphis Title Game where if he had simply made 1/2 free throws, he wins the title.

Comment

Ya i agree, rose is a pussy, :laughing: i still make jokes about how the guy is the "mvp" of the nba yet cant make free throws, and he is a pg... Chris Paul i still lobby for you every day as the best PG :beerbang:
        NCAAF YTD
        Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

I'm hearing Bulls are going to go balls to the wall after Dwight Howard.. if that happens, Rose will become near unstoppable, unless of course he continues to miss free throws late in the game.

Comment

Rose is the best pg in the game. And it's not close.
            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

No way rose is the best pg...

Chris paul vs derrick rose...

paul is better defender better shooter better passer better free throw shooter...

whats derrick got maybe his ability to drive to the hole, kinda like tony parker did when he came into the league, no one could stop him from driving, but cp3 is way better pg and its not even close...

I would lay any amount of money that if u put chris paul on chicago they would beat miami, derrick rose is a great 1v1 player on offense but can not help his team win, once miami walled up on him chicago had no offense why because rose couldnt help his team, he was too bust "trying to get himself going" well news flash rose, driving the lane and tossing up shots isnt always the answer... chris paul plays team ball and bulls would be better off with a great defender/passer that paul is... im not saying derrick rose is not good cause obviously we havent seen anyone d him up 1v1 but this is a team sport and chris paul plays with a jv squad, compared to bulls lineup, paul would look even better with a team like the bulls..
              NCAAF YTD
              Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Originally posted by DukiesBaby View Post
                I would lay any amount of money that if u put chris paul on chicago they would beat miami,
                :laughing:

Comment

Let's not forget Rose has played 2 seasons. Paul is now a veteran, and a great pg no doubt. They had comparable statistics this season, except Rose averaged 25 ppg (Paul avg 15.9). Paul 87.8% ft shooter this season and Rose was 85.8% from the ft line....while attempting more than 2 more fts per game. So I think the whole ft thing is blown out of proportion. Paul did avg more assists, steals and less turnovers, so there's that. Rose just has that extra speed burst that makes him nearly unguardable. He HAS to take that many shots because everyone else is pretty much a joke offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                    Let's not forget Rose has played 2 seasons. Paul is now a veteran, and a great pg no doubt. They had comparable statistics this season, except Rose averaged 25 ppg (Paul avg 15.9). Paul 87.8% ft shooter this season and Rose was 85.8% from the ft line....while attempting more than 2 more fts per game. So I think the whole ft thing is blown out of proportion. Paul did avg more assists, steals and less turnovers, so there's that. Rose just has that extra speed burst that makes him nearly unguardable. He HAS to take that many shots because everyone else is pretty much a joke offensively.
                    Rose has played 3 seasons, not 2. FT% isn't what is being disputed here.. it's FT% in clutch situations. Rose is horrendous. I'm not going to research the stats but I'd like to see some stat with Rose's FT% in the final 2 minutes of a game when the difference is 3 pts or less.

Nearly unguardable? During the regular season, he shot 44.5% from the field. Then in the postseason he crumbled as usual and shot 39.6%. Hell he was struggling against the Pacers in terms of FG% which is really sad.
                    Last edited by ChicagoEmpire; 05-30-2011, 09:43 PM.

Comment

3 seasons my bad. But u guys are crazy. Yes he shot a lower fg% this season, but he has to take an extraordinary amount of shots because nobody else can consistently score. Every other category statistically he has gone up each season, I would take him on my team all day.

Comment

3 seasons my bad. But u guys are crazy. Yes he shot a lower fg% this season, but he has to take an extraordinary amount of shots because nobody else can consistently score. Every other category statistically he has gone up each season, I would take him on my team all day.
                        I would take him as well but I don't think he was the MVP. They need to start waiting until the end of the playoffs to award the MVP.. Dirk clearly deserves it. It's not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoEmpire View Post
                          They need to start waiting until the end of the playoffs to award the MVP.. Dirk clearly deserves it. It's not even close.
                          I can get with Dirk as MVP, but the Mavs do have other weapons, unlike Rose.

Comment

Who does chris paul have? no one of carlos boozer or deng status on new orleans...
                            chris paul makes his team better, rose has better talent and i think if u trade spots paul would make the bulls a championship caliber team
                            NCAAF YTD
                            Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

I personally don't see all this offensive talent on the bulls. Deng can shoot. They don't have much else. Boozer is an average player, who can be a great part of a whole when used properly, but I think it's a massive stretch to say he's anything better than average offensively.

imho the thing that got Chicago knocked out was that they met a team who could defend, and they flat out couldn't score due to lack of offensive talent. even if you have a legit point about rose not being a good clutch ft shooter, you still can't blame one missed ft at home, a place where they should have had the game won prior to that ft, because if they weren't inept offensively in the firsr place, they wouldn't have gone scoreless for huge stretches in the 4th qtr of just about every game to begin with.

Everyone's fg % pretty much drops in the playoffs, because teams start playing d.....well the contenders anyway. Dirk didn't look so hot last night. Just one game, but maybe not a coincidence since he's done playing okc, a broken down lakers team, etc that weren't exactly able to clamp down on d, and I don't think there's a person alive who could or would attempt to argue his offensive greatness.
                              Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 06-01-2011, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X