Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Will YOU Handicap the NBA in 2011 ~ 2012 ? Anyone and Everyone !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Will YOU Handicap the NBA in 2011 ~ 2012 ? Anyone and Everyone !!!

This thread is for anyone and everyone who has an opinion(s), comment(s), suggestion(s), idea(s), concern(s), willpower, determination, and fortitude to attempt to figure out how to handicap a schedule that is history making in this our craft.

Please, as most posters are here at Predictem: always be polite, constructive, opinionated, but mindful, respectful and most importantly careful about your hard earned dollars $$$$
    Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Did You Know...

For the first time since the last strike season 13 years ago...
    there will be 42 games where teams play 3 straight days.
    there will be 218 games 4-in-5 days.
    there will be 29 games 5-in-6 days.
    there will be 98 games 5-in-7 days.
    there will be 17 games 6-in-8 days.
    Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Comment

The best time to bet the NBA is during the first week or two. They basically just judge teams off last year, or off season hype. That will gradually adjust during the year, but works in the beginning.

I think the Boston Celtics will be fade material this year off the respeated short rest. Their back to back record ats has been horrific for years now. Also, I think Jeff Green is one of the most overrated "versatile" players I've seen in years. He's a tweener that never impressed me.

Usually it's also a good time to take teams that lose superstars (i.e. the nuggets last year post carmelo). I don't think anyone really lost a "superstar" this year, so there might not be someone in that category.

There will also be some championship team inflation, so the mavericks are probably be some good fade material.

I'm almost scared to bet NBA this season with all the b2b2b, teams will probably rest more often than not, and maybe even sit out some nights like the spurs do with Duncan.
      39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
      Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
      Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

Comment

really to me b2b holds no water. 5 games in 6 and 6 in 8 are another story.
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I think the Lakers are a bit overrated. They still will likely get a lot of respect from casual bettors, but if you look at their roster, they are not an elite team anymore. Kobe is great, but undoubtedly is on the decline. I have to think they'll limit Bynum's minutes somewhat with all of the b2b games given his injury history. Gasol is solid, but they have serious holes at the 1 and 3. Possible fade material.
          NFL YTD: 83-75-3 (-4.83 U)
          Spreads: 54-45-2 (+5.95 U)
          Totals: 22-21-2 (-1.2 U)
          Moneylines: 5-4 (+2.48 U)
          Parlays: 1-4 (-10.56 U)
          Teaser: 0-1 (-1.5 U)

NCAAF: 16-8 (+9.26 U)
          Spreads: 12-8 (+3.3 U)
          Totals: 3-0 (+3 U)
          Parlay: 1-0 (+2.96 U)

NBA Dec: 13-9-1 (+3.1 U)

NCAABB: 29-36-3 (-9.1 U)

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
            really to me b2b holds no water. 5 games in 6 and 6 in 8 are another story.
            It will be an interesting year to track the Martingale systems that people use in the NBA with road trips ATS and O/U. Some of the older teams like the Mavs will be interesting to follow with the condensed schedule as well.

Comment

I'll be going all in on the Warriors, every game, everyday, until my bookie boots me.

:laughing:

GL to everyone this year.
              Nobody spins the floater better than Phil Rivers. Nobody.

Comment

Working...
              X