EC Game 4 Discussion........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC Game 4 Discussion........

OK no Hughes for game 4 as he tore the plantar fascia on his left foot. I would expect Snow to start in his place, the way I see it Snow must start to check Billups- although Hughes hasn't been good offensively, IMO he has done well defensively. Hughes had 13 in game 1 on 4-13 shooting from the field, then 4 on 2-9 in game 2. Problem is, I can't see Snow scoring either. Billups has scored 13 pts in each of the last 3 games, & has had trouble when facing Cleveland. I'm sure most Cavs fans would love to see Gibson get the start over Snow, as he is a scoring option & especially after a solid game 3. I just don't see Mike Brown taking the chance here.... Looking like (as always) it will all be in the hands of LeBron....

My thought is that the public is overreacting to Hughes being out. Snow should be able to defend just as well, & Hughes hasn't been scoring anyway. I would think LeBron continues with his unselfish play (dribble, penetrate & dish for open looks) I'm hoping Gibson can provide a spark off the bench. This is a game Z/Gooden need to step up....

Cavs opened as a 1.5 pt fave & are now sitting as a 1 pt dog. I wouldn't be surprised to see them 2 pt dogs by gametime. I'm looking to grab them with the best available line... Please post thought & opinions :thumbs:
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Pinny showing Cavs+1.5, so I expect other books to follow suit......

Comment

Looks like I could be wrong about Snow getting the start....http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/

Mike Brown on Gibson "We've thrown him on the floor in tight ballgames during the playoffs & he's responded very well........"

Gibson " I think that throughout the season Coach has prepped me for that situation & I've gotten a lot of minutes.... I feel like i could step up & take care of business"

Gonna wait for a definite lineup, but IMO if Gibson gets the start, I would have to look into a Billups prop... in the 4th q of game 3, Billups had 8 pts, the most productive he's been all series. I would think Detroit will look to exploit that even more tonight. Also makes me consider an over play, as Gibson is a far better scoring option than Snow.

*disclaimer* Det/Cavs overs are bettors suicide

Comment

what do u think on the over/under?

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
          Please post thought & opinions :thumbs:
          if the NBA were a horse it would have been shot long ago......
          Last edited by FlyersFan; 05-29-2007, 01:21 PM.
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

SammyJ- I lean to the over, as IMO Gibson should be able to score, & I have the feeling Billups/Rip will score today... tough play though as the pace has been very deliberate the whole series so far. Game 3 Clev shot 49%, Det shot 45% & the total landed on 170... that makes it a tough play as you will need either the pace to pick up (unlikely) or teams to shoot better. I don't want to rely on these 2 teams shooting 50% to hit the total. I'm really not sure i'll even play the over, just a hunch that it creeps over.....

FF- great imput....:pud:

Comment

Cavs + Under imo.

Neither team is going to light it up.

The more pressure on the game the more missed shots I think.

Comment

:laughing:

Comment

yup LOL im fcked!

gibson should start IMO. scoring option plus he did decent job on billups, hughes has been atrocious shooting the ball, he takes 10 shots a game and makes 2, so that right there has been a big reason IMO why the under has hit 3 times in a row LOL

now other competent shooters can try their hand!

GL guys
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

IMO, this game is very similar to the one played yesterday in Utah - similar circumstances, similar odds etc. So I guess the framework of the two teams playing today should be close to that of Utah & Spurs. Match point for Detroit and a life saver for Cleveland. It should be expected this game goes under but it'll be really close to the posted total, so either this is real lottery. BOL all. :beer2:

Comment

Gonna wait for a definite lineup, but IMO if Gibson gets the start, I would have to look into a Billups prop... in the 4th q of game 3, Billups had 8 pts, the most productive he's been all series. I would think Detroit will look to exploit that even more tonight. Also makes me consider an over play, as Gibson is a far better scoring option than Snow.

Looks as if the stones were looking to attack Gibson at the start, but then layed off. Billups scoring, but so far the Cavs are in control. Go Cavs :beerbang:

Comment

Nice win for the Cavs... although they still struggled with the zone D, they steppped up & made shots when needed. Gibson played very well- I'm sure he'lll be getting the strats from here on out. Even though Billups/Rip went right at him, he was pretty solid, IMO. The scariest moment was when Snow was on the ft line LoL- barely hit the front of the rim on the first shot. LeBron was clutch, hitting those last 2 fts with Rip jawin at him... in this playoffs he's coming of age, not just scoring, but distributing the ball around, making everyone on his team better & showing great leadership.

Line set at +5.5 for game 5, which honestly looks like a gift to me. Cavs ML +230 anyone?

Comment

Cavs are going to win the series from where I see it....actually I don't think Detroit even wins another game quite honestly, unless they've been hiding something or they're gonna get real hot in 2 of the last 3 games.

Funny thing....if a team who most see to be "****ty" would have won games in the lazy fashion (and sometimes a bit lucky due to some really piss poor officiating in their favor) that Detroit has in this series, and also back to a few of the games in the Bulls series, people would say "the suck, they'll stop getting lucky and lose when it matters".....but since it's the Pistons, it's ok, and it just proves how great they are.

Truth be told though, the Pistons have been controlled for nearly this entire series, even in the games at Detroit, and the Lebrons should eventually advance, and win the Finals too IMO. Seriously, from watching the games, I feel like the Cavs should have already won via the sweep. One in Detroit is all it's going to take, and I'm sure the Cavs would rather have it be game 5 than game 7.

Cavs +5.5 and +230 looks real nice. Alot of capable veterans around Lebron who have to want a championship bad, and probably see this as possibly their last chance to get one (Snow, Marshall....and Z is no young buck either)....similar to Miami last year....and now with the finals within their grasp, they should really step up their game now in do or die time.

Call me crazy, but I was called that last year too when I said Miami would win the finals, even after falling to 0-2 in the series :thumbs:

Comment

how can you be in the NBA and be as bad a shooter as Snow? How is he in the league? That right there says it all about NBA basketball when you have guys in a supposed "professional" league that can't make a 15 foot shot (and you're a guard).

I mean serious question here. If you guys weren't wagering on this horse****, would you actually have any interest in it or be watching it? Just curious.
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                              how can you be in the NBA and be as bad a shooter as Snow? How is he in the league? That right there says it all about NBA basketball when you have guys in a supposed "professional" league that can't make a 15 foot shot (and you're a guard).

I mean serious question here. If you guys weren't wagering on this horse****, would you actually have any interest in it or be watching it? Just curious.
                              No i'm sure everybody would be watching THE RUG MUNCHERS instead. :beerbang:

Seriously though I watch Lebron James if he's on and i rarely wager on NBA ..
                              This is turning into a very good series. How about Daniel Gibson everybody ripped him for leaving Texas early and he is making a name for himself in these playoffs. Those 20 points off the bench was huge for Cleveland. And that Lebron James step back jumper was beautiful.

I look for Detroit to come out in Game 5 and really try to get physical with Cleveland .. They have mismatches all over the place in my opinion . Gibson is a liability on Defense cause Chauncey and Rip can post him up .
                              Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 05-30-2007, 01:43 PM.
                              Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...
                              X