KG may be headed to Boston after all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KG may be headed to Boston after all

Fox Sports is reporting that Kevin Garnett may be headed to Boston in exchange for Al Jefferson, Rajon Rondo and Theo Ratliff.

Garnett, Pierce and Ray Allen are a nice Trio.

It may lead one to think "how are they gonna share the ball" between those 3 scorers but if you know them all you know that these guys all get good assists and are some of the most unselfish superstars in the NBA.

If this goes down, this makes Ray Allen worth a ton as KG getting doubled down in the post leaves Ray open for 3 balls. IMO he's one of the best outside shooters I've ever seen.

This would be stellar for Boston and probably make me a fan of them again. lol.

On paper this looks amazing for the Celtics.... my concern would be keeping Pierce/Allen healthy. Last year they missed a combined 102 games. It'll be very interesting to see
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

The other 12 guys on the roster are AWFUL too, though. Kendrick Perkins starts at Center, I assume ,and who starts at PG, Gabe Pruitt?

Tony Allen is a nice 6th man, but he blew out his knee last year so who knows what he will come back as, and they have NOTHING else - Scalabrine, Powe, Glen Davis, and this Bendan Wallace kid they love? They don't even have a healthy backup guard (At either SG or OG) on their roster right now. Come one now... This is still a "wait and see" type thing for me. If one of those guys gets hurt, the Celtics will be horrendous, and godforbid two of them get hurt.

Comment

Well, strike that because they wound up keeping Rajon Rondo. Starting lineup of three all time greats, and two guys who can't score to save their lives.

Interesting.

Comment

As if I needed another excuse to order League Pass. I can't imagine how thrilled I'd be to see both Garnett and Ray Allen in the NBA Finals. Watching Ray Allen reign 30-footers would be a major highlight for me.
          “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            Well, strike that because they wound up keeping Rajon Rondo. Starting lineup of three all time greats, and two guys who can't score to save their lives.

Interesting.
            the kid has longass arms and is stout on D IMO. they worry about sharing the ball, so no need for a shooting PG right. as long as this guy grows as the season progresses, and does what he is meant to do, play D, get easy steals and lob em up to KG.

who cares about the 1 and 5 at this point, you got a slasher/scorer and underrated rebounder in Pierce with Allen the best pure shooter in the league, and Garnett the human swiss army knife, and ultimate teammate deferrer, this guy gets criticized for not taking the last shot in crucial games, well he's got mr. 4th quarter in pierce and allen to take care of that now.

(well he WAS mr. 4th quarter back in his best year)

either way health and doc rivers are the only obstacles for the Cs.

i still think its not too late for them to can doc and go after van gundy or someone/ANYONE that is better than suckass Rivers.
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Working...
            X