• Show
Clear All

• NFL Sunday 9/9

ytd 1-0 (+3.00 units)
    sides ATS 1-0 (+3.00 units)
    Dog ML's 0-0 (+0.00)

1:00pm games:

Houston Texans -3 (-115)

Too many issues for KC. I don't feel this team is ready. Huge upgrade at QB from Carr to Schaub IMO. I think he'll find Andre Johnson a bit more often, who is a complete monster at WR. I'm annoyed that I didn't get the best of this line, but still, pick the winner and get the ATS winner if it's under -7, which in this case is Houston IMO.

Jacksonville Jaguars -7 (-113)

Complete mismatch. Tennessee lost players out the ass, and probably aren't gonna be too good this year. Vince Young and the public's love for him keeps this line in check however. It's only -7, so just pick the winner...and I'm thinking that will be Jacksonville, who has a lock down defense and rarely loses at home.

3 units each

Buffalo Bills +3.5 (-105)

Cutler could find it tough today playing a season opener on the road at Ralph Wilson stadium. It's not like he was all that great last year anyway, posting a 2-3 record in his 5 starts, and Buffalo has been a solid home team the last few years. They almost won @ NE and @ Indy last year as well, yet they continue to get no credit for being a solid, yet unfortunately not spectacular team. With that being said, I feel my Bills are headed in the right direction under GM Levy and coach Juaron, and it's time for Losman to perform. Public perception has Denver favored, but I'm not buying it. I think the Bills have a better chance to win this one than Denver does in what could be a low scoring ugly game.

Cleveland Browns +6 (-110)

This is a pill I have to swallow. I can't find any real sensible reasons to take the Browns other than that this will be Pittsburgh's first game under new coach Tomlin, yet they opened at just a measly -4, to a chorus of public action. The sharper books have barely moved this line all week, seemingly inviting the public to keep pounding the Steelers. This leads me to believe the oddsmakers know more than I do here and/or there's a ton of sharp action on the Browns, and I have to back them to pull the week 1 "upset". Got the +6 at SIA.

Atlanta Falcons +3 (+100)

I don't understand why Minny is favored to win anything, ever. Too much being looked into the Falcons losing Vick. IMO he brought the team down with his erratic style of play, not the other way around. Harrington is more capable than people give him credit for (everyone sucks when they QB the Lions and Dolphins), and he's got a ton of weapons with talent and experience (Horn, Crumpler, Dunn, etc). Atlanta is a better team than the Vikes, and the wrong team is favored here.

NY Jets +7 (-120)

IMO this is an "upset" waiting to happen. New England has been practically been handed the Lombardi trophy already this season by the media, and this line reflects it. That's a joke. This is the NFL, where competition is tough and you have to earn your wins, which won't be an easy task against an up and coming and hungry Jets squad. I know NE is 8-0 L8 at NYJ, but IMO that's completely meaningless. The Jets have sucked for how long now while NE has been winning super bowls....so NE should have been beating them. The winds of change are blowing in the AFC east IMO, starting today with the Jets "upsetting" the Brady Bunch. At the very least there's a TON of value in this wack line (especially the ML).

2 units each

Dog ML plays to go along with the ATS plays:

Buffalo Bills ML +160
    Cleveland Browns ML +215
    NY Jets ML +250
    Atlanta Falcons ML +152

1 unit each
    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 09-09-2007, 10:30 AM.

GL Stif
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

About time you posted. I'm going to tail all of your picks whatever I don't have down yet. Lets do it Stifler...
      Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

4:00pm games:

San Diego Chargers -6

Like I've said many times, I believe the Bears are overrated. They have a pretty good defense, I'll give em that, but their offense is complete ****, and the defense may be a tad overvalued as well, seeings as how they play in a division known for poor offense lately. Stopping LT an the Chargers offense is a bit different than stopping Green Bay or Detroit, and the SD defense will more than likely have Rex Grossman looking confused and stupid all day long.

San Diego is the far better team, they're playing at home, and IMO they rout the Bears today. This is a gift with the line for SD being under -10.

3 units

Still contemplating a play on the TB/SEA game. More than likely if I add it, it will be late....closer to game time.

Comment

BOL Stiff...have a good day...sure hope you're wrong on the STILLERS!!:beerbang:
          YTD
          CFB'09 season(as of 1/7)
          Reg season RESULTS:(-12.98 U's)
          BOWLS
          Sides: 8-21(-20.5 U's)
          O/U's: 2-6(-1.25 U's)
          ML's: 2-6(-0.70 U's)
          RESULTS(-22.45 U's)
          NFL'09 season(as of 1/3)
          SIDES: 59-51-3(-1.3 U's)
          O/U's: 15-19-2(-3.95 U's)
          ML's: 5-13(-2.47 U's)
          2H's: 8-9(-0.65 U'S)
          RESULTS:(-7.67 U's)
          CBB'09-'10 season(as of 1/9)
          SIDES: 109-101-4(-.25 U's)
          O/U'S: 28-16(+6.50 U's)
          ML's 2-3 (+0.2 U's)
          RESULTS:(+6.45 U's)

"I WANT THEIRS!!" fitter, on new health care program

Comment

GL Stif.... I'm probably going to be on the Chargers as well. Go Bills :beerbang:
            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

we gonna live or die together on those picks GL steve :beerbang:
              :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
              -Big Pimpin-

Comment

GL Stiff

Tailing you on a few

:beerbang:

Now that my wolverines are done, time to put the lions down too...:bang:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                  ytd 1-0 (+3.00 units)
                  sides ATS 1-0 (+3.00 units)
                  Dog ML's 0-0 (+0.00)

1:00pm games:

Houston Texans -3 (-115)

Too many issues for KC. I don't feel this team is ready. Huge upgrade at QB from Carr to Schaub IMO. I think he'll find Andre Johnson a bit more often, who is a complete monster at WR. I'm annoyed that I didn't get the best of this line, but still, pick the winner and get the ATS winner if it's under -7, which in this case is Houston IMO.

Jacksonville Jaguars -7 (-113)

Complete mismatch. Tennessee lost players out the ass, and probably aren't gonna be too good this year. Vince Young and the public's love for him keeps this line in check however. It's only -7, so just pick the winner...and I'm thinking that will be Jacksonville, who has a lock down defense and rarely loses at home.

3 units each

Buffalo Bills +3.5 (-105)

Cutler could find it tough today playing a season opener on the road at Ralph Wilson stadium. It's not like he was all that great last year anyway, posting a 2-3 record in his 5 starts, and Buffalo has been a solid home team the last few years. They almost won @ NE and @ Indy last year as well, yet they continue to get no credit for being a solid, yet unfortunately not spectacular team. With that being said, I feel my Bills are headed in the right direction under GM Levy and coach Juaron, and it's time for Losman to perform. Public perception has Denver favored, but I'm not buying it. I think the Bills have a better chance to win this one than Denver does in what could be a low scoring ugly game.

Cleveland Browns +6 (-110)

This is a pill I have to swallow. I can't find any real sensible reasons to take the Browns other than that this will be Pittsburgh's first game under new coach Tomlin, yet they opened at just a measly -4, to a chorus of public action. The sharper books have barely moved this line all week, seemingly inviting the public to keep pounding the Steelers. This leads me to believe the oddsmakers know more than I do here and/or there's a ton of sharp action on the Browns, and I have to back them to pull the week 1 "upset". Got the +6 at SIA.

Atlanta Falcons +3 (+100)

I don't understand why Minny is favored to win anything, ever. Too much being looked into the Falcons losing Vick. IMO he brought the team down with his erratic style of play, not the other way around. Harrington is more capable than people give him credit for (everyone sucks when they QB the Lions and Dolphins), and he's got a ton of weapons with talent and experience (Horn, Crumpler, Dunn, etc). Atlanta is a better team than the Vikes, and the wrong team is favored here.

NY Jets +7 (-120)

IMO this is an "upset" waiting to happen. New England has been practically been handed the Lombardi trophy already this season by the media, and this line reflects it. That's a joke. This is the NFL, where competition is tough and you have to earn your wins, which won't be an easy task against an up and coming and hungry Jets squad. I know NE is 8-0 L8 at NYJ, but IMO that's completely meaningless. The Jets have sucked for how long now while NE has been winning super bowls....so NE should have been beating them. The winds of change are blowing in the AFC east IMO, starting today with the Jets "upsetting" the Brady Bunch. At the very least there's a TON of value in this wack line (especially the ML).

2 units each

Dog ML plays to go along with the ATS plays:

Buffalo Bills ML +160
                  Cleveland Browns ML +215
                  NY Jets ML +250
                  Atlanta Falcons ML +152

1 unit each

Almost identically my card....

GL :beerbang:
                  Go Boilers!
                  thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                  NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                  NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                  NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                  NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                  NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                  NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
                  NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
                  NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
                  NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

GL in the 2nd half

Waitin for Falcons and Browns too show up:nuts:

Comment

Browns/Steelers under 17 (-120) 2nd half

1 unit

Doesn't look like either one of these offenses showed up today. Yea, Pittsburgh has 17 points, but they started in the red zone how many times and forced how many turnovers? They should have more. And Cleveland, they just aren't doing **** period.

Not a huge 2H player, but I figured I'd give this one a shot

Comment

BTW, the Jets suck. Oh well....and WTF if Jacksonville doing going for 4th and 10? That's gonna cost me a cover I think. Dickheads :bang:

Comment

Adding 2 more:

Oakland Raiders -2.5 (-115)

3 units

Tampon Bay Bucs +6.5 (+100)

2 units

And the associated ML play:

Tampon Bay Bucs ML +250

1 unit

And oh....Willis who? Anyone watching Marshawn Lynch play today? Looks like he's gonna be the real deal :beerbang:

Comment

BTW, the Jets suck. Oh well....and WTF if Jacksonville doing going for 4th and 10? That's gonna cost me a cover I think. Dickheads :bang:
                            Stif- with you on JAX....unreal. I only took NE because of the trend but the NYJ really are and have been a horrible team. Pennington can't stretch the D, they really have no passing game and their running game is still garbage. Going by your theory which i totally agree with (pick the winner under 7 points), i would have been shocked if NE would have lost to the NYJ today, so there is no way i could have played NYJ trend or not.

lets hope BUF can get the cover!!...going to tail you on SDG based on the pick the winner screw the spread deal......GL!...:beerbang:
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

And oh....Willis who? Anyone watching Marshawn Lynch play today? Looks like he's gonna be the real deal :beerbang:
                              Yeah...Lynch looks GREAT! :beerbang:

HOpe the Bills pull out the win!

GL the rest of the way....love the Bolts.

Comment

Working...
                              X