Fitters week 2 NFL guesses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitters week 2 NFL guesses

2nd week hard to cap...but here goes. Really not putting much weight on last weeks games (except for KC). BOL to all:beerbang: All for 1 unit unless posted otherwise.

PITT-10 WIN
    Pitt at home vs a Buffalo team that has a lot on it's mind. Pitt, IMO, will return to the upper ranks of the AFC, and again, at home. PLUS..HOMER WAGER!
    TENN +7.5 WIN
    Is Tenn a surprise team..or was last week a fluke? Indy has had 10 days to get ready. Tenn notoriously tough and tends to match up well vs Indy in past. Thinking Tenn is improved over last year, and Indy may get caught in a home dog opener. 79% on Indy as road fav. Just like the odds here.
    CAROLINA-7 LOSS
    Houston is not really a good road team. I think they are going to come around, and they may even play .500 ball this year, but Carolina has just too many weapons right now and they appear healthy, for now. Looking for a good day from the backfield of Carolina. OL seems to be able to open holes when needed. OL needs to give Delhome some time to find targets.
    GB +3 WIN
    NYG a mess right now. Not sure they can overcome key injuries. GB defense is underrrated!! If Eli plays, look for pressure from GB from the left side, and DB's will jamb receivers to keep Eli's timing off. NYG may play with heart, but GB will be there to take the game. Farve looking to go 2-0 against the NFC East when everyone was thinking 0-2. Good spot for Farve and GB defense today.
    NO SAINTS -4.5 LOSS
    TB just not up to NO in tallent. Hoping NO game with Indy was an aboration, not a trend for this year. Laying over a FG against a home dog is iffy, but I think NO gets back on track this week, and dominates a TB team with a very suspect running game.
    MIAMI +4 LOSS
    Could be a trap game for Dallas, this game is between 2 division rivals. Miami not as bad a public thinks. 88% on Dallas a road fav, a trend I like to follow. Miami defense may give Roma fits today. Injuries on Dallas's front lines could play in todays game. Again...hunch and trend play.
    DETROIT -3.5 LOSS
    Not an easy game for me to cap. Minn defense is also underrated IMO. But, I tend to follow the "Stiff rule of capping"...pick the winner when line is 7 or less. I think Det win this one at home today. Detroit is definitly improved, despite Matt Millan. Gotta go with the home team to win this one today.
    DENVER-10 LOSS
    Kick back and enjoy a brew if watching this one. Just don't think Oak is close to Denver, and I don't care who is QB. Denver tough againt division rivals at home! Looking for Denver to roll over Oakland today. BUT, Denver better be ready to stop the run today! I think they will be up to it.
    CHICAGO-13 LOSS
    KC...enough said. KC showed nothing to lead me to believe they will stay with Chicago at home. Home crowd will want to chew on the carnage left behind today. Just don't see this one being close.
    SD +3.5 LOSS
    Thinking SD might be up for this one. Both teams have decent defenses, and this game could go under the number IMO as well. Just thinking that SD will want to establish that they are still in the upper class of AFC. Turn LT loose!! And get the NE crowd out of the game early!!
    O/U's
    PITT OVER 39...Thinking Pitt could easily score 28-34 by themselves here. LOSS
    SD/NE Under 46...see above, Both have decent defenses. Not great, but decent. Ball control game IMO. and if SD gets the lead, they will not take chances. Not with LT healthy!! LOSS
    BOL TO ALL. LET'S HAVE A GOOD DAY. :beerbang:

3-6 TODAY WITH SD PENDING ON SIDES.
    0-1 ON O/U WITH SD PENDING.
    NOT A VERY GOOD DAY, TO SAY THE LEAST. TALK ABOUT CARNAGE!!
    Last edited by fitter; 09-20-2007, 05:50 PM.
    YTD
    CFB'09 season(as of 1/7)
    Reg season RESULTS:(-12.98 U's)
    BOWLS
    Sides: 8-21(-20.5 U's)
    O/U's: 2-6(-1.25 U's)
    ML's: 2-6(-0.70 U's)
    RESULTS(-22.45 U's)
    NFL'09 season(as of 1/3)
    SIDES: 59-51-3(-1.3 U's)
    O/U's: 15-19-2(-3.95 U's)
    ML's: 5-13(-2.47 U's)