***Eagles/Redskins Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Eagles/Redskins Discussion***

Thought we could get some talk going..... Line is currently -6.5, total 38.5

I think that situationally, Philly has an advantage. Monday Night Football @ home vs. a divisional rival, & fresh off a road loss. This will be Campbell's first start in Philly, & it's a big stage for him. He's only had 3 road starts (1-2), & has been pretty good completing 50% around 190 ypg, 4td o ints. However, those were against NO, STL, & TB.... I'm not sure how he'll perform vs. a defense that can bring a ton of pressure from all different angles in a hostile environment. Last time he faced Philly it was at home. He threw for 182 1td, 2ints, & was sacked twice (Philly won 21-19). I think Philly will be throwing a variety of blitz packages at him early to get him rattled. The Redskins will likely rely on the run game, & why not with Portis/Betts. The question is can the Eagles stop the run? Really looking at last week's game vs. GB I think the D was fine. They held GB to 2.7 ypc (granted Wash's run game is much more potent), they held Favre to 54% 1 int, 0 td & sacked him 4 times. 2 turnovers made the difference, but I think Washington has a bigger chance of turning the ball over this week. Washington barely beat Miami @ home, despite averaging 4.7 ypc as opposed to Miami's 3.3 ypc. Campbell threw 2 picks. I don't think Washington holds Philly under 4 ypc with Westbrook back there.

The biggest question IMO for Philly is how will McNabb perform. This is a huge game for him, as there will really be naysayers if he can't win tonight. Last time he faced Washington @ home it was off a loss. He responded with a 257 2td 0 int game (westbrook added 170 all-purpose) & Philly cruised 27-3. Washington was off a close home win vs. Dallas & Brunell got the start. I think there's a better chance that Donovan bounces back this week with a solid performance than Campbell tearing up Philly's D. Taylor is a heavy hitter (landry too), but is also prone to getting beat deep. I have a hard time seeing the Skins go into Philly on MNF & pulling the win out. Of course I could be wrong, I'd like to hear how Washington beats Philly. Seems as if the public is slightly favoring Philly, but really not enough to signify anything.

I haven't played anything as far as total or side. Right now my favorite play is the Eagles team o22.5, as I think they can put up 23 pts minimum. Last season they went over this number @ home in 6 of 8 games played....
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

IMO Mac5 is going to play much better and the Eagles win by 10+.:beerbang:
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

I accidently bet wash/philly o20 1H last night....hope that helps! LOL.

I like philly at home. same reasons if not for the fact that mcnabb nor anyone throughout the league got enuff reps in the preseason due to fear of injury. this is evidenced by unders and sloppy play in the first week. mcnabb should be ok with westbrook and don't forget buckhalter!
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
        I accidently bet wash/philly o20 1H last night....hope that helps! LOL.

I like philly at home. same reasons if not for the fact that mcnabb nor anyone throughout the league got enuff reps in the preseason due to fear of injury. this is evidenced by unders and sloppy play in the first week. mcnabb should be ok with westbrook and don't forget buckhalter!
        that is your best post:beerbang:
        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

My concerns is how ****ty I did these past two weeks and I am leaning toward philly. LOL.

Seriously though....What about the DBs in Washington...Smoot and Springs. Seems like that could limit Donovans success.

On the other side, I believe that Washington lost an OL to a broken leg last week which should slow down the Washington Running game.

Lets get a good discussion going cause I need a win.
          a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
          Sides: +17.4 units
          Totals: +0 units
          In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
          Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Also Philly gave GB 10 points in that game off of two muffed punts. Gotta think that doesn't happen two weeks in a row.

Washington had a hard time with a Miami team which is full of inexperience.

Horfin
            a.d.

Comment

Horfin they got Reno Mahe back to return punts. He is slow but he will catch it. Donovan looked rusty last week, but I do not think that will happen this tonight with one game under his belt. If the Eagles defense can stop the run Washington will not move the ball because they dont have any WR. I am looking for Westbrook to control the game. Homer alert:beerbang:
              NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Horfin- I think there is a better chance Philly's D shuts down Campbell & co., than vice versa. IMO Philly has a way better defense than the Redskins. The Skins are hard hitters, not good defenders. Besides they won't be covering the #1 option in the passing game-Westbrook. I think the Redskins aggressiveness on D can be exploited with passes out of the backfield. How do you counter blitzes & overpursuit? With short passes out of the backfield. What is Philly's stong suit? Getting Westbrook out of the backfield & into the open field. I think this could be a statement game for the Eagles offensively....

I also agree that it's unlikely Philly is as careless with turnovers. I think it's more likely a couple careless throws fom Campbell go the other way while he's under pressure. Philly has to be able to stop the run to win. IMO if they hold Wash u150 yards on the ground, they win. As always, if I don't think a team is going to win su, I don't play it. The "It'll be a close game I'll grab the pts" way of thinking gets you in trouble. I just don't think Washington wins...
                Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

like Philly and the Over

Don't see the Iggles losing here and a few turnovers will push the game over the total

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                    Horfin- I think there is a better chance Philly's D shuts down Campbell & co., than vice versa. IMO Philly has a way better defense than the Redskins. The Skins are hard hitters, not good defenders. Besides they won't be covering the #1 option in the passing game-Westbrook. I think the Redskins aggressiveness on D can be exploited with passes out of the backfield. How do you counter blitzes & overpursuit? With short passes out of the backfield. What is Philly's stong suit? Getting Westbrook out of the backfield & into the open field. I think this could be a statement game for the Eagles offensively....

I also agree that it's unlikely Philly is as careless with turnovers. I think it's more likely a couple careless throws fom Campbell go the other way while he's under pressure. Philly has to be able to stop the run to win. IMO if they hold Wash u150 yards on the ground, they win. As always, if I don't think a team is going to win su, I don't play it. The "It'll be a close game I'll grab the pts" way of thinking gets you in trouble. I just don't think Washington wins...
                    Great post:beerbang:
                    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
                      My concerns is how ****ty I did these past two weeks and I am leaning toward philly. LOL.

Seriously though....What about the DBs in Washington...Smoot and Springs. Seems like that could limit Donovans success.

On the other side, I believe that Washington lost an OL to a broken leg last week which should slow down the Washington Running game.

Lets get a good discussion going cause I need a win.
                      I need a win as well and I'm also leaning towards philly but I am tempted to not bother with the spread here and just take the ml with the eagles. I've never liked Springs as a corner, he can be picked on but is McNabb going to be sharper tonight is the question. His line should be okay and Daniels will be out so the pass rush shouldn't be a huge problem. Enough time and he'll find his players open. I like the way phillys d played against gbay. Im a bit worried by how easy it was to run on them last year tho and gbay wasnt a huge test to gauge how improved the run d is if at all. Still the pass rush was on Favre quite a bit and if they can get to him then a rook who holds the ball a little to long or more prone to doing the wrong thing when facing that pressure should be in trouble tonight. I don't see the eagles losing but if they can't stop the run the skins could keep it close enough that who knows what could happen with a bad bounce or whatever. Smoots also injured so it's possible he's out this game. Prioleaus also banged up but going to play. That secondary could be vulnerable.

Comment

Here is some extra crap I found:

Washington already has two T on IR (Jansen and Tucker). The Third T is Wade who has in injured shoulder and will start (played last week after Jansen was hurt). RT Sameuls has an injured knee but will play.

Wade has 8 years of experience. He will be facing J. Kearse who has an injured shouulder but will play. Wade hasn't started a full season for 2 years.

Lito Sheppard is OUT at Starting LCB and his backup has a concussion but is listed as probable.

Philadelphia Offense: only real injuries are at TE with both Smith and Schoel listed as probable. Greg Lewis WR will play after missing last week.

Wahsington Defense: Phllip Daniels the LDE is DOUBTFUL, Smoot is Questionable and 2 other Safeties have injuries.

Mcnabb is 9-3 vs washington. Phil hasn't started 0-2 since 2003
                        a.d.

Comment

Another Scary point: Public went 4-10 yesterday and 4 wins were GB (Road Dog), Dallas Road Fav, NE (Home Fav), Pittsburgh (Home Fav). 67% on Philly. Under has dropped 1 to 1.5 points.
                          a.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
                            Here is some extra crap I found:

Washington already has two T on IR (Jansen and Tucker). The Third T is Wade who has in injured shoulder and will start (played last week after Jansen was hurt). RT Sameuls has an injured knee but will play.

Wade has 8 years of experience. He will be facing J. Kearse who has an injured shouulder but will play. Wade hasn't started a full season for 2 years.

Lito Sheppard is OUT at Starting LCB and his backup has a concussion but is listed as probable.

Philadelphia Offense: only real injuries are at TE with both Smith and Schoel listed as probable. Greg Lewis WR will play after missing last week.

Wahsington Defense: Phllip Daniels the LDE is DOUBTFUL, Smoot is Questionable and 2 other Safeties have injuries.

Mcnabb is 9-3 vs washington. Phil hasn't started 0-2 since 2003
                            As for the Eagles TE Brent Celek is very good if Smith cant go. IMO Celek is the better player and by the start of next year will be the starting TE. Greg Lewis played last week he fumbled the first punt, I hope somebody from the Skins takes him out.
                            NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
                              Horfin they got Reno Mahe back to return punts. He is slow but he will catch it. Donovan looked rusty last week, but I do not think that will happen this tonight with one game under his belt. If the Eagles defense can stop the run Washington will not move the ball because they dont have any WR. I am looking for Westbrook to control the game. Homer alert:beerbang:
                              antwan randal el?

santana moss?

i think campbell is the biggest "what if" for tonight's game...

Comment

Working...
                              X