NFL week 3 with flmmkrz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL week 3 with flmmkrz

Pro ball has traditionally been one of my strongest sports to bet on but I got rocked last week so I'm hoping the betting gods are with me this week :sm:

Chargers - 6 @ -102 to win 2 units

Gave up a half point here to get less chalk as I don't see the chargers just ekeing out a 2 fg win here. I don't like the whole due angle but how long can teams hold down LT? The pack have a solid run defense but I'll take the chargers oline and LT vs them in a match up. As for the pack I don't think Favre has suddenly gone from the guy throwing pick after pick to the old Favre, I think he's had an easy time of it with the giants d and he wasn't anything special vs the eagles and this is a step up in class. With no run game to fall back on he's going to have to sling to win and I think the chargers d is good enough to handle that

Eagles - 6 @ + 104 x 2 units

Gave up a half point here again for the less chalk. I love that the eagles are getting no respect here. Detroits the sexy pick and they've looked good but that defense is still unable to stop anybody on a regular basis and my gut feeling is McNabb puts on a clinic after his comments this week. The eagles win the battle on both sides in the trenches and the lions offense is like the packers one dimensional offense. It can be schemed for and the eagles have the co-ordinator who will be up for the challenge. I see lots of pressure coming and Kitna + pressure = ints. I think the eagles roll.

Jags + 3.5 @ -108 to win 1 unit
    Jags ml @ +176 x 1 unit

Garrard is unspectacular but he doesn't make a lot of mistakes and he isn't about to start going after the bronco corners in this one. Lynch ran well on the broncs week 1, week 2 lamont jordan tore them a new one. Jones-Drew and Taylor are gonna give them fits. On defense, the jags are solid. Brown got off week 1 vs them but I think that had something to do with worrying about Vince taking off as well. Cutler is still very raw and prone to mistakes and that offense hasn't looked dangerous with him back there. Jags should be able to focus on the run and make the broncos beat them thru the air. Something I dont think they can do.

Hawks - 3 @ -117 to win 2 units

I can't believe this line. Cleveland stomps all over the cincy d and they come into one of the toughest road match ups in the league and the public is still pounding cincy. No respect for my boys in seattle. What was lost in that botched handoff lost game last week was a great 2nd half performance by the defense shutting down the cards after they came out on fire first half. The secondary for the first time in a long time is ready to take on a team like the bengals. This d can hang with them and the dline should win the battle with cincys banged up oline. On offense the hawks are well balanced, they can key on Alexander but hasselbeck will move the chains and when they try to drop into coverage Alexander breaks chunks. In the end the difference is going to be that we could stop them on occassion and that cincy couldn't do the same.

Da Bears - 3 @ -114 to win 2 units

Lots of love for the cowboys from the public. I wouldn't want to walk into chitown and face that d when all the talks been about the other team and in prime time no less. Rex blows but then I thought the same of Eli and Green but both of them put up some good numbers vs this overated cowboys d. The bears make this physical and ugly, I'll take the bears d vs the cowgirls o and I'll take rex vs their d.

teaser:

7 point, 2 teams @ -130 to win 1 unit

Pitt - 2 x KC/Minny over 26.5

SF can play d but that offense won't move the ball on pitt with any regularity. I think they might cover the 9 the lines at now but they wont win this game. The line for kc/minny is a joke. Holcomb is probably better suited at this stage to run that vikes offense. They finally become a threat to throw or run. Larry Johnson is also talking about being ready finally, the vikes should shut him down but their pass defense is weak enough that Huard should be able to move the ball if Johnsons running hard. The defenses are also live in this one in that both can possibly score.

GL everyone
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 09-23-2007, 02:53 AM.

GL..today FM..:beerbang:

Comment

GL today :thumbs:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

GL FLMM

Almost time for the pucks to start dropping :thumbs:

Comment

line has dropped enough that I like the ravens now

Baltimore -6.5 @ -115 to win 1 unit

Comment

adding Carolina - 3 @ -138 to win 2 units

Comment

Carolina + 2
              Eagles +2.08
              Jags +1
              Jags +1.76

Ravens -1.15
              Teaser - 1.30
              Bears -2.28
              Bolts -2.04

hawks push

3-4-1, + 07 units lol

at least its + money and its a huge jump from last weeks performance

bad bad reads on the bears and bolts this week

Comment

I wont bother starting another thread for my monday night pick:

Titans +4.5 @ +104 x 2 units
                Titans ml @ +210 x 1 unit

Initially my lean was the saints but if anything, the lesson I got yesterday was not to go by what teams did last year but what a team has done coming into this game. The titans are playing strong defense, they give up yardage thru the air but they don't give up a lotta scores. They are strong against the run and showed as much against 2 teams that can run the ball and they pressure the qb which the NO line has had trouble with this early season. On offense they are pounding the ball with a solid 2 man tandom with Brown and White and VY is always a threat and should be spyed all game which opens up space a bit more. Saints are weak on d, not particularily strong vs the run or vs the pass so the titans should have their chances. On offense I don't think the saints are nearly as bad as they've shown but they'll have to show me they got it going before I believe they're back. I'll take the team that looks better at the moment with the points and I'll take a stab on the ml that the better team at the moment walks out with the W
                Last edited by flmmkrz; 09-24-2007, 12:50 PM.

Comment

GL today :beerbang:
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post

Initially my lean was the saints but if anything, the lesson I got yesterday was not to go by what teams did last year but what a team has done coming into this game. The titans are playing strong defense, they give up yardage thru the air but they don't give up a lotta scores. They are strong against the run and showed as much against 2 teams that can run the ball and they pressure the qb which the NO line has had trouble with this early season. On offense they are pounding the ball with a solid 2 man tandom with Brown and White and VY is always a threat and should be spyed all game which opens up space a bit more. Saints are weak on d, not particularily strong vs the run or vs the pass so the titans should have their chances. On offense I don't think the saints are nearly as bad as they've shown but they'll have to show me they got it going before I believe they're back. I'll take the team that looks better at the moment with the points and I'll take a stab on the ml that the better team at the moment walks out with the W
                    +2.08
                    +2.10 units

2-0, + 4.18 units

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post

Dead On analysis Bro! Nice job!
                      NCAA YTD: 2-3-2 -3.9 units.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu- The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                      X