X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNF Bills-Cowboys

Taking Bills +10 you ask why well,

Cowboys are 4-15 ats on the road vs. AFC foes AND Double AND,
    they are playing NEW ENGLAND next week at Dallas, they got this game at Buffalo in the bag ,rite,not so fast my friend,Bills cover IMO!!

MITE play over also,

GL !!
    Either Black or Red...

GL LS:beerbang:
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

:beerbang: Good luck Lee Corso....umm I mean Lucky Strikes.....
      OYW

NFL: 32-16
      NCAAF: 19-24

Comment

4-15 on the road against AFC opponents? How many years is that? How about a little more recent history? 2-2 last 2 yrs and 1-0 this year with a new coaching staff and QB. The cowboys have the #1 ranked offense going against a banged up below average defense and a QB making his 2nd start on the biggest stage outside of the playoffs. Dallas played its first game last week with returning starters Terrance Newman and Greg Ellis and they shutout the rams offense even though it is pretty bad. This game will be like all the other cowboy games this year. Close at halftime and blown open the 2nd half. This cowboys team is different and won't be looking forward to the Patriots like maybe in years past. If there are heavy rains then I may be persuaded but the Bills are outclassed in every manner. The talk in Texas is that the Colts and Pats get top billing and is 16-0 possible. The cowboys aren't even mentioned in the conversation so they have a chip on their shoulder.

Cowboys by 13 at least.

Oh yeah. I forgot the Bills fired Phillips. Payback's a bitch.
        Last edited by Reznor; 10-07-2007, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I am not sure if I want to a lay a dime on this game. Cowboy is doing great this year.

Here is the ranking for the cowgirls / bills
          cb = Off Rank # 1 bb = 31
          cb = Def Rank # 8 bb = 32
          cb = Pass Rank # 3 bb = 31
          cb = Rush Rank # 5 bb = 16

I know the bill is at home and they need a win. I am showing they average a total of 46. But the ATS on the O/U is 5-6. I am more leaning on the UNDER it self then just the game. But for now I am sleeping with my bears winning .... LOL :beer2:

never know what my dreams will tell me tonight, i might do the opposite...LOL
          Last edited by Touchdown; 10-07-2007, 11:21 PM.
          NFL = 13 – 8 – 1 ................................ + 8.5 Unit
          1st & 2nd Half = 5 – 3 – 0 .................. - 2.5 Unit

CFB = 12– 6 – 1 ................................ + 12.5 Unit
          1st & 2nd Half = 0 – 1 – 0 ................... + 0.0 Unit

Comment

See if you can find +10.5 :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Reznor View Post
              4-15 on the road against AFC opponents? How many years is that? How about a little more recent history? 2-2 last 2 yrs and 1-0 this year with a new coaching staff and QB. The cowboys have the #1 ranked offense going against a banged up below average defense and a QB making his 2nd start on the biggest stage outside of the playoffs. Dallas played its first game last week with returning starters Terrance Newman and Greg Ellis and they shutout the rams offense even though it is pretty bad. This game will be like all the other cowboy games this year. Close at halftime and blown open the 2nd half. This cowboys team is different and won't be looking forward to the Patriots like maybe in years past. If there are heavy rains then I may be persuaded but the Bills are outclassed in every manner. The talk in Texas is that the Colts and Pats get top billing and is 16-0 possible. The cowboys aren't even mentioned in the conversation so they have a chip on their shoulder.

Cowboys by 13 at least.

Oh yeah. I forgot the Bills fired Phillips. Payback's a bitch.
              The Bills fired Phillips like 10 years ago, lol. #1 He's a goof, and #2, if he is holding a grudge for this long, and trying to use it as motivation to get his team, comprised of guys who weren't even in the league when he coached at Buffalo, to go out and "lay the smack down on those lousy SOB's for firing him", then he's a worse coach than I thought, lol.

Besides that, if Dallas is talking (or even thinking about) 16-0 at this point in the season, they're fools. I can guarantee Indy and NE aren't. They're thinking about next week, and who they have to prepare for. That's why they win championships.

It's alot to ask for a team with an average defense to go on the road in a MAJOR look ahead spot and win by double digits IMO. It's human nature to not take a team like the Bills seriously when you're supposed to be an "elite" team, and that's very hard to overcome, especially with guys like T.O. who think they're Gods in the first place.

Oh, and Trent Edwards is a major upgrade at QB over JP Losman, and if the world hasn't noticed yet, they will eventually.

First MNF game in Buffalo since like the late 90's too as far as I can remember, and Buffalo holds one of the biggest home field advantages in the NFL if home/away results are any indication.

Dallas has the better team, but all the situational and motivational advantages lie with the Bills.

It's just a matter of which you put more weight in.
              Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 10-08-2007, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                The Bills fired Phillips like 10 years ago, lol. #1 He's a goof, and #2, if he is holding a grudge for this long, and trying to use it as motivation to get his team, comprised of guys who weren't even in the league when he coached at Buffalo, to go out and "lay the smack down on those lousy SOB's for firing him", then he's a worse coach than I thought, lol.

Besides that, if Dallas is talking (or even thinking about) 16-0 at this point in the season, they're fools. I can guarantee Indy and NE aren't. They're thinking about next week, and who they have to prepare for. That's why they win championships.

It's alot to ask for a team with an average defense to go on the road in a MAJOR look ahead spot and win by double digits IMO. It's human nature to not take a team like the Bills seriously when you're supposed to be an "elite" team, and that's very hard to overcome, especially with guys like T.O. who think they're Gods in the first place.

Oh, and Trent Edwards is a major upgrade at QB over JP Losman, and if the world hasn't noticed yet, they will eventually.

First MNF game in Buffalo since like the late 90's too as far as I can remember, and Buffalo holds one of the biggest home field advantages in the NFL if home/away results are any indication.

Dallas has the better team, but all the situational and motivational advantages lie with the Bills.

It's just a matter of which you put more weight in.
                Stifler you are a wise man and right in many aspects. I think Phillips is downplaying the fact that he got fired and not using it as motivation. However, I believe the cowboys players are aware of it and the thought of them winning this one for their coach is in the back of their minds.

Im not saying the cowboys themselves are thinking of 16-0 but there is talk on the airways that the cowboys aren't even mentioned in the conversation with INDY and NE on the national sports shows. Just shows the cowboys still have something to prove on the field in my eyes. These are just opinions coming from a fan. I'm not a cowboys spokesperson in case you couldn't tell, lol.

I know TO has had some issues in the past. I don't know where you live if you get any local coverage of the cowboys but TO has been a breath of fresh air this year and he's been pretty well behaved since becoming a cowboy. TO shines in the big lights and that is quite a possibility tonight.

I know that Edwards is a major improvement over Losman. Man how bad must Losman be. Edwards was lucky to get his start at home against a bad Jets team. We must remember that the starting backfield for the Bills consists of two rookies. Edwards won one game last year as the Stanford Cardinals QB. This reminds me of the spot last year when the cowboys came to a small sleepy town in Tennessee and laid the wood on a college national championship winning QB that just wins somehow.

I agree that the Bills have a great home field advantage but I think that is already factored into the spread. I would not be surprised in the least if the Bills cover or win outright because it can happen but I have to be on one side or the other. I'm not a "Dallas is the greatest team ever" fanatic but I am a fan nonetheless. I honestly believe this will be Edwards real welcome to the NFL game kid.

Comment

The thing about Edwards (and the thing the Bills offense has been missing) is that he has the ability (arm strength) to actually make the tough NFL throws

Losman never displayed that ability, and was a run/pass QB at Tulane. Why the Bills ever tried to make him into a pure pocket passer and think he would be their guy is something I don't, and never will understand.

Many also don't realize that the reason the Bills offense has been poor the last few years was because of their offensive line. They couldn't run the ball, and the QB was always on his ass looking up.

The line is completely new this season, and is already doing a far better job of protection and run blocking than previous attempts. They can only get better with time to get to know each other in game situations IMO.

I don't think any weight can be put into getting hammered at NE and at PIT, as these are both elite teams, and both games were played on the road.

It's kinda ironic how an unproven Romo was the guy who turned a mediocre Dallas team into a contender, because they were being held back at the QB position by Bledsoe, and once a guy came in who could actually make decisions and throws to his teammates instead of the other team, they started winning.

Now Edwards has the same chance to do that with the Bills. The only difference is that the Bills defense is young/injured....but the Bills offensive weapons have plenty of talent/NFL experience, and Lynch has given no reason to believe he can't carry the load at RB.

I don't worry about Edwards at all tonight. I'm more worried about how the defense is going to get stops.

Mostly though, I still feel that Dallas is situationally in one of the worst spots possible for an NFL team tonight....and that's a much larger reason for my liking Buffalo + the points than anything else.

If this game was at Dallas, and Dallas didn't have NE on deck (or Indy), I wouldn't touch BUF at anything less than +21, and I don't think too many others would either. I'd probably play Dallas up to -13.5 (as would probably pretty much everyone else) and it would be a no play until BUF hit +21. I'd say BUF would be about +17 or +18 if that game acually happened in Dallas.

With that being said, why is this line only Dal -10.5? Does BUF have more than a TD homefield advantage? I'd say probably not.

And why is there 80% on Dallas, yet books like Pinnacle, Olympic, CRIS haven't moved off Dal -10? They must either have sharp money on BUF, or they're asking for a beating if Dallas covers....

No guaranteed winners, but I like my chances with the books and/or sharp money over the public anyday, and this is just one of those spots where the saying "the books must know something I don't" might come into play if Buffalo somehow manages to miraculously pull off a cover in a spot where it appears they have no chance to do so, considering that the main things most people look at all point to Dallas winning comfortably.
                  Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 10-08-2007, 10:53 AM.

Comment

After reading this thread I have decided to play it safe and Not bet at all on this game.. but I will be cheering on Buffallo! Good luck to everyone playing it!! Now ill go check out hokey tonight :)
                    Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
                    Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Comment

Thx Stif,you took the words right out of my mouth...LOL

GO BILLS

GL!!....RAZ
                      Last edited by Lucky Strikes; 10-08-2007, 07:12 PM.
                      Either Black or Red...

Comment

REZNOR how do you like us now!!!!

B I L L S
                        Either Black or Red...

Comment

What can I say Lucky? The bills came to play on defense and special teams. Too bad there offense still sucks ass. I lost on my boys but hit the over so Im ok. you guys were right and I was wrong. I just got one thing to say though. "How Bout Dem Cowboys?"

Comment

I'm finished with long ramblings about my team, but I am sick and tired of hearing about how they suck at this, and they suck at that. Seriously.

Don't be blaming the Bills offense. They were hardly on the field, and when they were, they moved the ball, and had no need to try and put up huge numbers.

Edwards had a great game, minus the one very costly INT (which was deflected at the line of scrimmage).

Blame the Bills playcallers if anything. That reverse to Parrish on 3rd & 1? And why even call the play that resulted in the pass that got intercepted in the first place? It was 3rd and relatively short, and even if you don't convert by running or thworing a "safer" pass, the FG puts you up 11 with only a few mins to go.

The Bills coaching staff has no one to blame but themselves for that loss.

I realize a win is a win, but if anyone sucks ass, it's Romo....

5 picks and a fumble against what everyone keeps calling "the worst defense in the league"?
                            Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 10-09-2007, 08:11 AM.

Comment

The worst call the coaching staff made was trying the long fg before halftime. That was like handing Dallas 3 pts.:bang:

Comment

Working...
                              X