• Show
Clear All

• NFL Week 6

ytd ats 26-33 (-24.24 units)
    dog ml's 7-12 (-1.72 units)
    overall 33-45 (-25.96 units)

1pm games:

Jacksonville Jaguars -6.5 (-106)

Pick the winner. Don't see HOU getting it done against this D at home.

Tampon Bay Bucs -2.5 (-105)

Gave my thoughts on this in the discussion thread. The fast TB defense, many of whom were familiar with defending a QB with running skills twice a year (Vick), IMO has a very good chance of shutting the TEN offense right down today.

This line is just plain begging people to take TEN (especially all the books with TEN +3). I'll pass. Gimme TB.

3 units each

KC Chiefs +3

How does anyone come to the conclusion that the Bungles should be a road fave? Ouch. KC may have lost at home last week, but the Bungles aren't exactly JAX either. KC has a great red zone defense....so CIN might move it, but settling for FG's won't be enough.

NY Jets +4 (-107)

I can't stand backing Penningpuke, but how can the Eagles be a road fave? Furthermore, how can like 80% of the public back them? I'm just taking a stab here and fading the Eagles, who have looked horrible in every game except vs DET, and also fading the public. Seriously....the Jets can't be THAT bad that the Eagles I've seen this year should be a road fave against them, can they?

2 units each

KC Chiefs ML +128
    NY Jets ML +185

1 unit each

like'em stif

only disagreement i have is with jets... eagles are close to a sure thing coming off a bye.... some sort of ridiculous record SU and ATS since andy reid has been there

Comment

4pm games:

Arizona Cardinals -5.5

Call me Joe Pub, lol....but I don't see CAR winning SU 2 weeks in a row on the road. ARI has the defense to stop that feeble CAR offense, and they're a better team without crybaby Leinart. Pick the winner....and I'll take the better team at home. If the same Arizona players wore a different symbol on their helmets, this would be -10 or more.

Oakland Raiders +9.5 (-105)

Raiders off a bye week, and have the best rushing offense in the NFL (190+ YPG!!). SD blows out a really ****ty DEN team, and they get entirely too much respect for it. This line is made on last year's teams IMO....as OAK is very improved, and SD is certainly down. Maybe SD will get it together, but I ain't sold from one win over a crap team. This one goes down to the wire IMO, and an OAK SU win actually wouldn't shock me.

3 units each

Dallas Cowgirls +6

I got this because it's the best of the line, as the line has already dropped to +5 at some books....and it's an anti-public play. If the line keeps dropping and the public starts filing in on Dallas, I might buy it back at a favorable line on NE and look for the unlikely middle.

In other words, I'm trying to determine if it was sharp buyback at DAL +6, or if the public is going to come in on Dallas late after pounding NE early in the week.

2 units

Dallas ML +207

1 unit

Just in case I keep it....

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
        like'em stif

only disagreement i have is with jets... eagles are close to a sure thing coming off a bye.... some sort of ridiculous record SU and ATS since andy reid has been there
        I thought about that....but this is probably the worst team Reid has had since being in Philly...so does it apply?

I'll probably get burned on this one, since I HATE backing the Jets, but I just had to do it because I see no reason the Philly team I watched this year should be a road fave to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
          I thought about that....but this is probably the worst team Reid has had since being in Philly...so does it apply?

I'll probably get burned on this one, since I HATE backing the Jets, but I just had to do it because I see no reason the Philly team I watched this year should be a road fave to anyone.
          I completely agree stiif. But if noodle arm burns me again i'll be done with the jets for the rest of the year.

GL today!

Comment

tell me how this is possible stif... my book is asking me to pay -130 on kc+3 but -110 on cinci -3??? and -120 on tenn+3 but -110 on TB-3

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
              tell me how this is possible stif... my book is asking me to pay -130 on kc+3 but -110 on cinci -3??? and -120 on tenn+3 but -110 on TB-3
              That's ridiculous. A 40 cent line on a spread? Even a 30 cent line on the Tenn/TB game is stupid. Are you using a local or online book?

Comment

that is my local. I told him "F*ck that" and i used my online book.

Comment

gl

Comment

Going to add a few totals that stand out. Hope this doesn't burn me...

Philly/Noodle Arms under 43 (-105)
                    STL/BAL under 37
                    MIA/CLE over 45
                    GB/WASH under 40.5
                    Arizona/Carolina under 40

2 units each

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                      that is my local. I told him "F*ck that" and i used my online book.
                      I would have too....

Comment

GL today Stif :thumbs:
                        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

gl stif:thumbs:

Comment

Stiffy- GL!.....i think my Bengals need to can starivin marvin's ass...he's done exactly nothing since coming to cincy (1 playoff game wooohoooo). i thought he was supposed to be an defensive guru....not. I looked at the JAX game, but i will never bet on them again as a favorite. They F'd me in week 1 and they are at it again today as a TD favorite. They should never be favored again. How can you be favored by a TD when you can't score more than 10 points a game. GL!....
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

lookin good stif:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X