Will he or won't he?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will he or won't he?

With all the bull**** surrounding Michael Vick, steroid suspensions, Ricky Williams umpteenth bust for weed, etc, wouldn't it be a feel good story if Priest Holmes actually comes back and plays and does well?

Herm Edwards says he may play in week 7.

The NFL could really use this type of positive attention.

I just hope he doesnt get hurt worse.

On an unrelated note, did anybody notice Morten Andersens 38 yard kick on the 48 yard fg attempt.

Are there not any better legs on the free agent wire out there than his? He's gotta be humpin' some high level Falcons exec.

Great career Morten. Time to go join Steve Carlton, Rickey Henderson and Vinny Testeverde in the local bar and talk about old times instead of hanging on.

Oh wait, Vinny is starting again!

That field goal attempt was embarrassing. I dont know how he can stick around when he comes up short on those.

That is the Falcons for ya...Joey Harrington as QB and Morten Anderson as K. Dont get much worse than those two.
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I know he choked in Dallas but I don't remember any injuries, where is Vanderjagt?
      OYW

NFL: 32-16
      NCAAF: 19-24

Comment

Originally posted by OneYearWonder View Post
        I know he choked in Dallas but I don't remember any injuries, where is Vanderjagt?
        He is at home here in Toronto, waiting for someone to call. Crazy that ATL won't contact him...that is a joke employing Morten...I mean, imagine that situation in a playoff game?

Comment

I don't think ATL or Morten have to worry about a playoff game....LOL

I hear the Chiefs just traded Michael Bennett to the Tampa Bay Buccannerrs to clear the way for good ol #31 Priest Holmes to make his return!!!!!!
          If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

As a fan I would like to see Priest play again. But as a human being im scared for the guy. One wrong hit and this dude is in bed the rest of his life. It surely can't be worth it :dunno:

Comment

He has a drinking problem. No joke. That is one of the reason's Indy got ride of him.

Great talent wasted again for a life of booze or drugs. Well some let dogs or women get in the way too. :laughing:
              NFL 2-0. Week 1
              Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
                He has a drinking problem. No joke. That is one of the reason's Indy got ride of him.

Great talent wasted again for a life of booze or drugs.
                Wow....that is just plain not true. And that stems from a comment Peyton made years ago (but then retracted)
                Drinking Problem? Drugs?
                He said a few dumb things, sure...doesn't make him an alcoholic, drug addict. wow.
                Not cool to disparage a good guy without any proof or backing. I think that's a bad rap he got in Indy.

And, "Talent Wasted"? Hardly. He is 37 and had a long, long career being the most accurate kicker of all-time :dunno:

He went to my high school, and I've met him several times, and know people who know him well, and, sure he likes to have a drink or two sometimes (he owns a bar in my hometown), but then again who doesnt! lol. Or maybe you know him from a drinker at WV...but hey that was College! lol. I don't know, from what I know about him...he's a good dude. Don't like to see his name dragged through the mud.
                Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-16-2007, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                  On an unrelated note, did anybody notice Morten Andersens 38 yard kick on the 48 yard fg attempt.

:flush:

I seriously don't understand how the falcons for the last few years can't get a decent kicker...just ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                    He said a few dumb things, sure...doesn't make him an alcoholic, drug addict. wow.
                    Not cool to disparage a good guy without any proof or backing. I think that's a bad rap he got in Indy.

Or maybe you know him from a drinker at WV...but hey that was College! lol. I don't know, from what I know about him...he's a good dude. Don't like to see his name dragged through the mud.

He had problems at WVU. And yes you are right not everyone in the NFL is a saint. He wasted alot of his younger years. Im telling you he had a bad problem at WVU and they kept it to themselves. Because he was such a good kicker. Peyton was telling the truth. Indy wanted the fighting stopped and the mud slinging. You know when you piss somebody off by calling them an idiot. What they know on you always comes out.
                    NFL 2-0. Week 1
                    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Yea, seriously, how many kickers are there in college who graduate every year and never get a whiff of the NFL? Like 95% of them? Now I'm guessing that at least 50%, if not more of them, have to be better than Morten Andersen at 68 years old or whatever he is now.

Give someone a shot....

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                        Yea, seriously, how many kickers are there in college who graduate every year and never get a whiff of the NFL? Like 95% of them? Now I'm guessing that at least 50%, if not more of them, have to be better than Morten Andersen at 68 years old or whatever he is now.

Give someone a shot....
                        Good Point. There must be a ton of guys that have come out of Division 1 in the past 5 years that would be better! There's also this guy in the CFL, Sandro DeAngelis who's been lighting it up the past couple years (out of Nebraska I think).

Comment

He runs a bar now, and does a lot of meth apparently.

Comment

Working...
                          X