***Week 9 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
    Another great discussion thread as usual last week. I'll only be around until tomorrow night, as I'm getting married & going away,here
    does koofter know......:hide: :hide:

Congrats!!.....dude- you need to get her name tatted on your back and then get a spider web around it......:laughing: ...matt barnes will give you the number of his guy....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Thnaks for the well wishes guys :thumbs:

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
      First off...GL this weekend! I just got married last month, and it was a blast! The day goes by so fast, but just enjoy the day with your friends and family. I also suggest a couple cold ones before the ceremony...definitely calmed my nerves! lol

I'm on the Public Chargers this week as well. This team has turned it around, and will spank the Vikings IMO. UD...I like how you pointed out SD's 27th ranked pass D, but guess who is 32nd?? lol, yup the Vikings. However, Minny doesn't have much else than AP, especcially with a 3rd string QB in this week and no quality WR, where as the Bolts CAN pass the ball. Interesting matchup with 2 great running games, and two great run defences...but you still have to give the slight edge to LT over AP, and with 2 bad pass defences, this game might be won in the air where one team is decent (SD Gates/Rivers, etc), and one team is horrible (Min ranked 30th and with Bollinger/nobody).
      Thanks JML! I'm excited for sure, & will definitely be looking to take the edge off LoL.

Regarding the game, I was just trying to point out the weakness of the Chargers D. If they had trouble stopping the run, I would consider the Vikings, but I don't see the Vikings coming out with the win, so I won't be on them. I do lean towards the Panthers as well, IMO the Titans are due for a letdown game...
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Just my 2 cents on a few of the games this week...

GB / KC: the packers coming off a win on mnf at denver, now traveling to KC on a short week to play the Cheifs...just don't think that's a winning combination. Short week, on the raod at tough place to play. Chiefs also coming off a Bye at home, which is also a +...also read somewhere in this thread about KC's cover 2 against the pack's passing game and I couldn't agree more with that..KC's D matches up very well against the pack..

NE / Indy: taking indy here at home...when the hell was the last time Indy was a road dog?? i really thought this game would be NE -2 or maybe -3..I'm getting 5.5 now, and I'm loving it. No disrespect to NE, b/c they're a VERY good team this year...but IMO they haven't really played anywhere close to the calibur of teams that Indy has played. Just like the KC defense on GB, Indy's cover 2 D should match up well against the patriots passing attack...Not saying Indy will blow out NE or even win....but IMO getting this many points at home with manning and this colts team against anyone , I'll take it everytime..

SF / ATL: we go from the 'superbowl' with NE / Indy to the Toilet Bowl in Atlanta...lol...wow....just how much have my falcons fallen....BUT...this team is still better than the sorry ass 49ers, who i made the mistake of taking last week against the saints...wow..I thought the falcons offense was bad...the 49ers offense is just pathetic. I'll take the falcons coming off a bye week, and trust that petrino has the capability of putting together a gameplan to beat the 49ers...this is one of the few games this year that the falcons should be favored...and I have no problem laying a small number at home off a bye week against the 49ers...and before anyone says anything about the so called 'youth movement' that some of the veterans are bitching about in atlanta, I have no problem with that whatsover...the falcons have some young talent on this team and they need to get some playing time....now only if they can just start giving norwoord the majority of the carries...I think we'll see him get a lot more this week than we have before...just pick the winner, right? the falcons win this one at home..

Dal / Philly: ok..i'm kind of tired of typing now...lol...i think this is the most I've written about games here....but will keep this simple...I just don't think Dallas is good enough to be road fav to a division rival for a primetime game...just am not sold on the cowboys...I could be wrong, but this one is more a play against dallas being a fav on the road, more than anything...will give more details later on this...just tired of typing...lol

Comment

good news for those on the eagles.. a friend of mine said he's dropping a bomb on dallas. said he "L-worded" it in already. done deal.

Comment

R-A-V-E-N-S Money-line

Can't believe the line is that high, could be for a reason. But we've had two weeks to game-plan for this game and everyone is back from injuries except for possibly Chris Mcallister.

Trevor Pryce coming back is the biggest help in my opinion, he takes the double teams off of suggs.

If Billick can call a half decent game the Ravens will be in it. McNair always plays well against the Steelers.

The question mark is Billick, that bastard has ****ed up plenty this year people have been ripping him a new ******* here in Baltimore.

Who knows, knowing the way I've been predicting the NFL this year the Ravens will lose by 21.

Comment

i'm pretty sure the offensive line still has issues, doesn't it? I don't know who exactly is but i don't believe the ravens are a better team than the steelers. i could see them stealing one at home, but not in pittsburgh. Ravens defense is not the same as it once was and i think the steelers win this game as long as they don't turn the ball over multiple times giving the ravens good fp. Ravens haven't exactly looked good in any of their wins or their losses either. They have beaten the rams, 49ers, jets, cardinals and lost to buff, cincy, and clev. Best team they have played is arguably arizona or cleveland. Steelers beat buff, clev, cincy, SF, and seattle. losing to ariz and den. There are a lot fo common opponents here, but i think that pretty much goes out the window in a rivalry game. Taking the 9 pts might be a better option, but money-line im not going for.

Comment

hey guys
                im new to the forums but i have been reading for a while now....been watchin jml's picks and am regretful to have not followed for some time :bang: lol wanted to say hi to every1 and tell u some picks i like for week 9

Pats -6.5 forget the stats for one minute and just think about these two teams this year...not last year...the yar before or w.e the pats are rolling their way through whoever they want and i dont think the colts are any different...mind u not a huge defecit as last week (what a joke) but i dont think the colts will stop them this time...

I like the skins -4 as well as fading the jets becomes easier and easier each week...

Ravens +10 seems like a steal to me..any1 else?

SF/ATL under 37 doesnt seem bad either...im a niners fan but i have to say we suck and we have no o-line so that takes out any chance for gore and alex smith is sitll suffering his shoulder injury....our best reciever? arnez battle? super slow...ashley lele gets no reception and vincent jackson...who is he neways? mind i say anything about the falcons?

Car +4(.5) titans havent won by more than a couple the last few and carolina is no different...

ill be back with more picks and stats for those of you who like the ATS and SU records and how they play where etc etc

peace

Comment

^^^^^
                  I think you meant Darrel Jackson?

Comment

Woops silly silly me thanks for the correction....was reading an article on san diego.... neways u get the point....

Does anybody else like KC this week? Kc is deep at home and just came off a bye....iv been playin bye week team for a few weeks now n they seem to come through for me....only thing is kc only beat raiders by 2 and iono really what that says....

Comment

Originally posted by Niners<Pats View Post

I like the skins -4 as well as fading the jets becomes easier and easier each week...

Ravens +10 seems like a steal to me..any1 else?

SF/ATL under 37 doesnt seem bad either...im a niners fan but i have to say we suck and we have no o-line so that takes out any chance for gore and alex smith is sitll suffering his shoulder injury....our best reciever? arnez battle? super slow...ashley lele gets no reception and vincent jackson...who is he neways? mind i say anything about the falcons?

Car +4(.5) titans havent won by more than a couple the last few and carolina is no different...

personally id fade the ravens on the road in pittsburgh 1. ravens have a worse offense than the 49ers imo, 2. pittsburgh can score 20+ in this game and baltimore will be lucky to get 3 imo.... i think joe public is gonna be on baltimore for their def....

car+4 imo titans are for real this year and could finish 12-4 or better
                      titans def is better than testical verde.... nothin much more to say about it really i just think titans handle this game with ease..

under 49ers falcons.... imo No play or take over for more value...

oh and i forgot about skins game...

watch the game jets @ baltimore this year when clemens came in game... this is why i like jets this week...
                      Last edited by DevilsAdvokt; 11-01-2007, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I got a great feeling this is one of those weeks where Joey Pub gets hammered. :thumbs:

Comment

Had a busy week...couldn't contribute much:

Dal/Phi:

T.O returning to Philly. Andy Reid's family "in crisis". Dallas off a bye. Reid resigns at the end of this week (just a gut guess).

Horfin
                          a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
                          Sides: +17.4 units
                          Totals: +0 units
                          In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
                          Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

I don't remember ever being so excited for a non-playoff game as I am for that Colts/Pats game tomorrow.....hopefully it lives up to the hype!

I gotta add a Colts ML, right Stif?

:beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                              I don't remember ever being so excited for a non-playoff game as I am for that Colts/Pats game tomorrow.....hopefully it lives up to the hype!

I gotta add a Colts ML, right Stif?

:beer2:

C'mon you're like 132-16 on the year and you're asking for someone else's opinion? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheRaven View Post
                                I got a great feeling this is one of those weeks where Joey Pub gets hammered. :thumbs:

I hope not, I got Joe Pub written all over me
                                If its fun, do it

Comment

Working...
                                X