• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Week 11 NFL >>>

Week 10: 6-1, +26.90 Units
    NFL YTD: 58-25, +108.90 Units

Three public road favs for me this week :beer2:

Browns -2.5 -110 vs Ravens
    Fading the Ravens....what a joke of an offense....and I don't see Boller coming in and changing that fact. Cleveland's offence should continue to roll against an over-rated Baltimore defence that has given up an average of 26 points the past 3 games. The Browns have a bad secondary....but that shouldn't be exploited against one of the worst passing teams in the NFL. Cleveland has been winning shootouts all year, but I don't see the Ravens having the weapons to keep up here. Baltimore has been banged up every week, and continue to have injury problems across the board coming into this one.

Giants -2.5 -117 vs Lions
    Detroit's home winning streak ends here, IMO...Lions offence too one-dimensional...which showed in Zona....prefer Giants defence....Detroit can't win 'em all at home, and this seems like the perfect spot for a first loss....Giants coming off the close loss to Dallas, and looking to show they are still elite...

Patriots -14 -126 vs Bills
    Much like alot of NE's games this year, this ones going to be ugly. Looks like Marshawn Lynch is out for Buffalo. Yikes. I was on the fence for laying 14.5 points with NE, but Buffalo's only chance, IMO...was to run the ball with Lynch...burn some time with Brady off the field, and MAYBE, MAYBE have a slim chance at a home cover (with the help of a lucky turnover or special teams play). Now I think they lose by 30. Pats coming off a bye, in prime time against a backfield of Losman & backup Anthony Thomas? I mean that offence WITH Lynch was not able to score ANY points through 3 quarters against winless Miami!! Zero. Zilch. Nada. They only had 220 total yards against Miami....if you can't move the ball against NE...you are in deep trouble....and the Bills are not a good team at sustaining drives (22nd in time of possesion). You need to keep Brady off the field (like Indy was able to do) to have any chance of keeping it close...and I don't see Buffalo being able to do that. I'm 6-0 on NE games this year (5 backs, 1 fade)...why not make it 7! lol. I'm laying the 2 TDs (bought the hook).

5 Units Each

Adding...

Packers -9 -111
    vs Panthers
    Gotta give Farve & the Pack credit...they are getting it done....I expect another DD win over a Carolina team that continues to be brutal at QB. The struggling Smith looks banged up too, and is questionable. Farve and the passing game are getting all the credit...but the Packer defence is ranked a respectable 10th, and Ryan Grant looks like a keeper at RB. Carolina just plain can't score (27 points total in last 3 games!) and won't be able to keep up with Farve...especially at Lambeau.

Cardinals +4 -125 vs Bungals
    Cincy gets one win over a horrible offensive team like Baltimore, and they're giving a FG+?? Big deal, their defence finally stopped somebody....but the Cards offence is a major step-up in talent and playmakers, and will win this one outright in a shootout, IMO. Zona has been in every game this year, and against better competition...and should not be getting points from a horrible defensive team like Cincy. I expect the big names of Zona to light up that horrible Bengal secondary. I mean, the Bengals have only won three games this year - Week 1: 27-20 over Baltimore, Week 7: 38-31 over the Jets and last week's 21-7 win over the Ravens. Not a great resume for a FG+ favourite, IMO.

Raiders +6 -125 vs Vikings
    God help me...but I don't think the Vikings should be laying a TD win line without AP. Chester Taylor is decent...but no Peterson, and I think losing him actually means more to the team psyche and to their confidence, than the actual obvious downgrade to Taylor. And you see what happened last week against GB when the Vikings lost AP early...I think Oakland will do the same thing....stack the box make the Minny QB beat them, which is unlikely. This looks to be a low scoring game, IMO...so getting almost a TD seems like the right play. In the Raiders five game losing streak, four of the five games have been close. Culpepper also looks to be starting...playing his former team, where there is still animosity....and the last time he played them, while a Dolphin, he lit them up in a serious way!

Saints/Texans OVER 47.5 -112
    Shootout down in Texas. The Saints have the guns to move the ball every week as we know (6th in YPG even after struggling early), and surprisingly, so do the Texans (9th in YPG), and most importantly, they also get their starting QB and franchise WR back for this one...facing a Saints pass defence that ranks 29th in the league! Both defences are below average, IMO....ranking 25 & 26 in PPG allowed! 40-30 type win...

Steelers -9 -109 vs Jets
    Blowout.....Pittsburgh got a scare last week from the Browns but will come back and lay a beating on this ****ty Jets team. This is an all-around great team with the best defence in the league, and they have been moving the ball with Ben playing like a top 5 NFL QB. This should really be a 2 TD line. I mean NY is ranked 29 in offence and 30th on defence. Scary...

Rams -3 -104 vs Niners
    **** it...decided to add another fade of SF on a low number. Yeah, STL has blown this year too....but that was without alot of their offensive stars. Bulger now coming off 2 pretty good outings and has all his weapons ready to continue having big games from here on in. SF adds Trent Dilfer to the worst offence the NFL has seen in many years. Laugh my ass off, are they bad. Maybe SF could win with defence? Not great their either, as Hasselbeck really carved that secondary up last week...and Bulger should do the same...

4 Units Each

GL! :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 11-16-2007, 03:47 PM. Reason: Added the six 4 Unit plays...

1st 2 look good LoL. GL this week JML :thumbs:
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
      1st 2 look good LoL. GL this week JML :thumbs:
      lol.
      You think the Bills have a chance this week?

Comment

marshawn probably isnt even starting how can they have a chance?

Comment

Definitely with you on the Browns and Patriots and will most likely tail you on the Giants.

Ravens pass DEF is horrible without McAlister and Rolle. If the Bengals had a decent red zone offense, last weeks score would have been 45 - 7. Baltimore's DEF is wore out spending all day on the field. Clevelands offensive machine will only take advantages where the Bengals couldn't.

As for the Bills, I can't figure out how they're going to score. Lynch is out which means the Pats will shut down Lee Evans with Rodney Harrison alone. New England should win the turnover battle in this one by at least two or three, which makes up for the spread. Also, the Bills DEF has given up 12 passing TD's and now Moss is in town. Buffalo may have gotten to Romo, but it's not going to happen to Brady.

I'm curious as to what you think about these games.

Jacks -3: For a team that just upset the Colts, things look damn depressing for SD. Combination of a let down with a very inconsistent Chargers team this year makes for a tough trip to Jacks.

GB -9.5 : Panthers are done, plain and simple. The only place that Carolina can win is on the road but like the Bills and Ravens, how are they going to score? They just spotted Atlanta 4 at home and still couldn't cover. Favre is hot and he'll pick apart a very tired Carolina defense.

StLouis -3 : Rams are healthy. 49'ers are "fill in your favorite insult here". Dilfer has to be a step up, but with SJAX finally ready, the Rams are a completely different team.
          "All I ask for is the opportunity to prove that money won't make me happy" ---- Unknown:booz:

Comment

GL this week JML !

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy View Post
              I'm curious as to what you think about these games.

Jacks -3: For a team that just upset the Colts, things look damn depressing for SD. Combination of a let down with a very inconsistent Chargers team this year makes for a tough trip to Jacks.

GB -9.5 : Panthers are done, plain and simple. The only place that Carolina can win is on the road but like the Bills and Ravens, how are they going to score? They just spotted Atlanta 4 at home and still couldn't cover. Favre is hot and he'll pick apart a very tired Carolina defense.

StLouis -3 : Rams are healthy. 49'ers are "fill in your favorite insult here". Dilfer has to be a step up, but with SJAX finally ready, the Rams are a completely different team.
              I agree mac....and I have added the GB/STL games...thoughts are above. I'm laying off the Jax play...although I do think it is the correct play in that spot. I don't think I've backed the Jags all year....just one of those teams that I really don't have a good read on for some reason.....GL!

Thanks guys...Gl this week. :beerbang:

Comment

Keep it going brother, great run this year.......:thumbs:

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

Gl JML
                  NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Thanks guys...GL today! :beerbang:

Comment

The CFL team I love just won the Western Final to make the Grey Cup.

Im drunk & happy.
                      They haven't won since '89.
                      :beerbang:

RIDERS

Comment

nice work today JML!!!

congrats to your team!!!
                        NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
                        MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
                        MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
                        NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
                        Updated on 01/13/18
                        ---
                        One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Good luck with the Patriots tonight.

:cheers:
                          "All I ask for is the opportunity to prove that money won't make me happy" ---- Unknown:booz:

Comment

Updating for MNF....got lucky on the Browns win...lost the Oakland cover by a point...cashed on another easy NE cover....and ****, I should just stay away from Totals...

Week 11 Sunday: 6-3, +11.39 Units
                            NFL YTD: 64-28, +120.29 Units

:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                            X