• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Week 12 NFL >>>

Week 11: 6-4, +8.39 Units
    NFL YTD: 64-29, +117.29 Units
    - 11 straight winning weeks :thumbs:

At first glance, not too many games I like...only one on Thursday....and I'm not going to have much time to cap Sundays games, as Grey Cup festivities start up tonight in Toronto. My team, the Roughriders upset BC in the West final, and made it to the big game....so I took some of my NFL winnings, managed to get 50 yard line, 35th row tickets today, and I have some friends flying in tonight for the week. Booked off Friday and Monday to party/recover. Should be great. Not only did the Riders make the big game, but their opponent, Winnipeg, lost their starting QB in the other semi-final, and are forced to start a rookie (Ryan Dinwiddie...Boise St?), in his first ever CFL start, in the Grey Cup! Sweet. I like the Riders to cover the -10 in a rare GC blowout.

Anyway...found a couple I like for the NFL this week....but probably leaving it at that...

Packers -3 -118 vs Lions
    I know the Lions traditionaly play their best football on Turkey day, but Farve has been through this Thursday game situation before....and rarely do the Lions play this good of a team in this game. The Packers are rolling huge, and Farve has been a monster....leading his offence to the best passing YPG in the NFL.....yup, even slightly better than the Pats. Farve should "carve up" the Lions brutal pass defence, who are ranked a horrible 30th in the league. On that fast dome track....expect Driver and Jennings to run wild Thursday. Packers also seem to have a more balanced attack as of late, with Ryan Grant stepping up at RB, and I prefer the Packers defence in this one. Lions have lost 2 in a row after a good start...but this could be the start of an even bigger slide, and another non-playoff year in the beautiful city of Detroit.

Texans +3.5 -115 vs Browns
    Don't see why this shouldn't be a pick'em with Houston coming off 2 straight wins, with their healthy stars back, and facing definitely the worst defence in the NFL. The Browns let ****ty Baltimore O score 30 freaking points, and have been giving up 30+ all year. They are a fairly sexy team...because of their high-powered offence, and their history of futility....but in reality their offence was outgained badly 2 weeks ago against the Steelers, and were lucky to keep it close, and went toe-to-toe with a bad Ravens offence last week. Actually they were lucky to be in either of those games, and were aided by turnovers and special teams. They can't get lucky every week, and I really think Houston is the better overall team in this one, and probably should be a slight favourite. They hung tough during their injuries, have had a tough schedule this year, and have some confidence lately winning 2 in a row with their guys returning. Also, not my style, but I see that this game has the public backing Cleveland to the tune of 70%, but the line seems to be moving against Houston? I've gotten lucky the past 2 weeks backing the Browns, but not this week....Texans win outright, IMO...

4 Units Each

GL! :beerbang:

And, happy holidays to my American friends :cheers:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 11-21-2007, 11:53 AM.

Is there a petition I can sign to force you to cap at least 5 more games? How am I supposed to win any money this week if I can't tail you?

Anyway, GL and have fun at the CFL game.

Comment

Mappo- sometimes less is more. Not that I would know anything about that....

GL JML, like the texans play, think there could be 60+ pts scored there as well :thumbs:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Really like Houston as well JML, and have a great time at the Grey Cup :thumbs:

Comment

GL JML.... Go Riders! :beerbang: :dunno:

Comment

Gl JML
            NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Packers :beerbang:

Farve :beerbang:

Lions Defence :beerbang:

Adding...

Cowboys -14 -106
              vs Jets

2 Units

Comment

You are ridiculous man, great job. Good luck with the texans this week!

Comment

Updating after a week where I pretty much scaled it back because of Grey Cup festivities....and what a great 4 day party....and the Riders won! But now I'm as sick as a dog...probably because I was walking around in a jersey all weekend with not enough layers (my wife's theory....lol)...anyway, ended up going 2-1...serves me right for backing Houston on the road....but a winning week none-the-less...

Week 12: 2-1, +1.28
                  NFL YTD: 66-30, +118.57 Units

Hope you all killed this week....I didn't catch one weekend game.... :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X