New England Patriots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New England Patriots

first off, lemme say that as a pure football fan I do respect and admire their talent, discipline, and raw hatred of desire to absolutely destroy everyone in their sight. lol

but in that same line of thought, how can Belichick, and his whole team sit up there and say with a straight face that they are taught and he teaches them/preaches to him to go out there and score with every opportunity, dont settle for FGs, don't punt, don't kneel, etc...

I understand a mantra of being disciplined for excellence, but where's the line?

I personally think its all for show and attention whore tactics. They know they are badass, and apparently the rest of the league excluding the Colts dont give a crap and their defenses give up too easy by not playing....DEFENSE!

Because like Junior Seau said, "we're just gonna go out and score everytime we want, and its your job to stop us." thats bew****. if that philosophy is true its a new one cuz how do you explain during the whole tenure of Belichick in which they didnt do that? if they tried, does that mean they sucked so bad that they couldnt live up to that mantra?

thats like saying, every time I go to the bar, I try to score with a girl. So if the last 3 times you go you get lucky, and you keep saying, im just going out to get laid, no matter what, its the girls job to say no to my undeniable charm...does that mean the 50 times before that when you struck out, you were still trying? but you just sucked ass?

I mean of this team, only Moss, Thomas, Welker, and Stallworth are guys worth a salt that were new additions, so excluding them, the rest of this team has been around with Belichick for awhile, has he been teaching them to always score no matter what down? where you are on the field, how much time's on the clock? I seriously doubt that.

He's doing it only this year cuz of the stupid controversy, and he wants more attention. He's worst than Rothko, lol. It doesnt teach good sportsmanship I'm sorry thats what I think, I know he wont see this and it dont matter a lick but Im tired of seeing the national media suck him off.

I used to not care one way or the other how the Patriots did, but I did concur that they play a solid team oriented disciplined game different from the me me attitude we see in all sports today. But now its just setting a bad exxample for our kids the way they play football with ruthlessness and abandonment of any sportsmanship.

so teach your kids that when they get caught stealing cookies from the jar, that they should be pissed off, and proceed to break all the jars in your house for ""disrespecting" them, and their piddly little friends should reward them for it.
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

I don't mind it at all. I think it's refreshing and enjoyable to watch (only on the pro level) to be honest. These guys get paid to play football for a living, It's a priviledge. 99.999999% of the rest of us will never see or get a sniff of. If teams can't stop them, that's their problem. They still get paid.

I would say on any other level than pro that I agree that it's not very sportsmanlike, and even agree it might set a bad example, but that's not for Belichick to worry about, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
      I don't mind it at all. I think it's refreshing and enjoyable to watch (only on the pro level) to be honest. These guys get paid to play football for a living, It's a priviledge 99.999999% of the rest of us will never see or get a sniff of. If teams can't stop them, that's their problem. They still get paid.

I would say on any other level than pro that I agree that it's not very sportsmanlike, and agree it might set a bad example, but that's not for Belichick to worry about, IMHO.
      in the Patriots defense, every team at least as far as I could see with the exception of the Colts, just pretty much rolled over after the Patriots were already up 14 points. Its almost really as if they quit and you really cant' blame them for running it up.

its ridiculous how non-physical they are with Moss, he is all talent but you cant say he's a physical player.

I read somewhere someone mentioning that an old teammate of Moss from the Vikings used to say that he knew when Moss would have a good game by the way he practiced. If he was the least bit dinged up, he would dog it.

maybe belichick has changed that, but geez I dont think Moss has been jammed that hard off his route maybe more than 5% of all the snaps he's taken this year. I made that number up but you know what I mean lol.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

I agree with all of your points Q....especially the one about this new Patriots "philosophy" that "it's your job to stop us, not ours".

I was unaware June Jones because the coach of the New England Patriots all of a sudden, and that has NEVER been the way the Patriots played in the past, and you're right....Bellicheat is only out to prove a point by running it up on people. The man is a egomaniac and that has been known for years. Except now, winning is not enough, it has to be winning by as many points as humanly possible....no matter who the opposition, even if it's a friend or someone who you have respect for on the other side of the ball. Yes, you still want to win, no matter if you're playing a friend or someone you respect, but rubbing it in their faces is flat out unsportsmanlike.

See, its not a matter of NE winning by as many points as they are, but rather a matter of HOW they're doing it.

If you're scoring that many points than your opponent during the regular course of a game, then so be it, but going for 4th downs and trying to score TD's instead of just kicking the FG, or kneeling to run out the clock, in a game you're already leading by like 4 TD's late in the 4th qtr is FLAT OUT UNSPORTSMANLIKE. PERIOD. And that has been the theme for the Patriots all season long.

You don't see boxers jump on top of their opponent and pound the piss out of em once the fight is over.

The 2007-08 New England Patriots are an embarrassment to the NFL, and sportsmanship everywhere, IMHO.

Not because I hate them, because it's true.

These guys keep on making cocky comments like that, and someone just might find a way to stop em....by putting Brady/Moss on the shelf. Then I'd like to hear Bellicheat cry when his whole season is down the toilet.
        Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 11-25-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Bring a guy off of the practice squad who's never going to make it. Pay him 500G if he takes out Brady for the year and all is well.

I'm not advocating that, I'm just sayin' it could happen.
          "All I ask for is the opportunity to prove that money won't make me happy" ---- Unknown:booz:

Comment

I think its pathetic to you people who say teams should go in and take out brady or moss for the season and hurt them.. that explains what type of people you are. "Hey we have no chance of beating them, so lets just damage the careers of their best players." Are you serious?

This is professional football. This isn't high school when your still trying to teach them the values and morals of life. They get paid good money to score and play defense. Suck it up and tip your cap if you can't stop them/get past them.

I think most of the people who say they are an 'embarrassment' to the league is just jealous just not to see their own team doing as well as they are. If your fav team was doing what the pats were, would you care about how they are scoring and dominating everyone? I think not.

I'm with Cuse, as all of us being NFL fans, why don't we just sit back and watch the beauty and the mastery that the patriots show us every week. We will probably not see this again for a very longg time, if ever, so just enjoy it. They are the best NFL team to ever step on the field.

Comment

i dont mind running up the score at all and i hate the patriots. i agree that it is their job to stop the patriots. if belicheck doesnt want to kick field goals or punt thats fine, at some point it may bite them in the ass. they are the best team right now and everyone is pissed that they are running up the score? if ur pissed u gotta stop em, end of story. if u cant then give them the credit they deserve. i dont like them but watching them play is fun to watch.

Comment

I thought belichick only wants TDs? why kick a FG? LOL they prolly will beat the **** out of philly but bill did what I thought he'd do in a close game. kick a fg on 4th down.

so all that **** talkin about its their job to stop them and they want only TDs no matter what is hot air. its easy to say that and go for it on 4th down when you're winning by +28.

but he has no balls when its a tie game LMAO.

at least reid has more balls with that onside in the 1st half when he knows if it don't work the flood gates might surly open.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

LOL, i think it's funny to say the Patriots are the best team ever to take the field when they are a mere 10-0....like they're the first team ever to start a season at 10-0. It amuses me how every time a team has a hot start, no matter what sport, they are automatically the best of all time.

I remember a few years back, Oklahoma football was the best team ever. They could compete with some bad NFL teams. Blah blah blah. These are comments I heard either on the old forum, or from the media. Now we all know how that ended, with Kansas St flat out rolling em in the Big 12 title game. And yes, Oklahoma is my favorite CFB team.

And personally, if you read back over my post, I said an opposing player MIGHT just injure one of their key players if they keep rubbing it in the faces of teams who are beaten. So before you attack me or my character, it would be nice if you would read and understand the entire post first.

Thank you.

It's not the NE players that are pieces of **** either. It's their coach, and these other men playing on the opposite side of the ball have pride as well. It's kinda like if someone bangs your girlfriend or wife, and you're like ok, whatever, **** her, she was a bitch anyway....but then he rubs it in your face every day till you finally have had enough and lay him out. Not because he banged the slut, but because he was an ass about it.

And as for if it was my favorite teams playing like a bunch of *******s, I would be embarrassed to be a fan, and I would absolutely not support it. Anyone that has been around a while knows I'm not supportive of unsportsmanlike play in any sport, and this is far from the first time I've vented about it.

The fact is, that from the replies I'm reading, that no one seems to get the point that it's not that the Patriots are blowing people out, but that they are tacking on completely unnecessary TD's at the end of games on 4th down, when the game is totally out of reach, and coming up with completely idiotic reasons for doing so....like we're all a bunch of moronic buffoons who don't know what they're doing, and why they're doing it.

Everyone has a right to their opinion on the subject, and that's fine....but personally attacking those who disagree isn't really the way to state your side of the argument.
                  Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 11-25-2007, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I have to concur that for the benefit of the doubt, maybe its just belichick thats classless.

I mean the players are singing his song, but thats not unlike having a drunk dad, who you're ashamed of, but in public, if you are a decent person, you wouldnt bash your old man, but instead defend him right? something like that lol.

so maybe while some players in the Patriots locker room may not agree with the arrogant display of piling it on and EFF you TDs, they are decent enough to keep their mouths shut and the ones who do speak defend the old man. and **** I bet its easy to keep it mum when youre winning every single game!

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                      LOL, i think it's funny to say the Patriots are the best team ever to take the field when they are a mere 10-0....like they're the first team ever to start a season at 10-0. It amuses me how every time a team has a hot start, no matter what sport, they are automatically the best of all time.

I remember a few years back, Oklahoma football was the best team ever. They could compete with some bad NFL teams. Blah blah blah. These are comments I heard either on the old forum, or from the media. Now we all know how that ended, with Kansas St flat out rolling em in the Big 12 title game. And yes, Oklahoma is my favorite CFB team.

And personally, if you read back over my post, I said an opposing player MIGHT just injure one of their key players if they keep rubbing it in the faces of teams who are beaten. So before you attack me or my character, it would be nice if you would read and understand the entire post first.

Thank you.

It's not the NE players that are pieces of **** either. It's their coach, and these other men playing on the opposite side of the ball have pride as well. It's kinda like if someone bangs your girlfriend or wife, and you're like ok, whatever, **** her, she was a bitch anyway....but then he rubs it in your face every day till you finally have had enough and lay him out. Not because he banged the slut, but because he was an ass about it.

And as for if it was my favorite teams playing like a bunch of *******s, I would be embarrassed to be a fan, and I would absolutely not support it. Anyone that has been around a while knows I'm not supportive of unsportsmanlike play in any sport, and this is far from the first time I've vented about it.

The fact is, that from the replies I'm reading, that no one seems to get the point that it's not that the Patriots are blowing people out, but that they are tacking on completely unnecessary TD's at the end of games on 4th down, when the game is totally out of reach, and coming up with completely idiotic reasons for doing so....like we're all a bunch of moronic buffoons who don't know what they're doing, and why they're doing it.

Everyone has a right to their opinion on the subject, and that's fine....but personally attacking those who disagree isn't really the way to state your side of the argument.
                      I'm with you on that one Stifler.

I wasn't sure if the Urbski guy was talking to me or someone else. All I have read on this thread were possibilities and not wishes.

Read the directions before you swallow the pill.

:dunno:
                      "All I ask for is the opportunity to prove that money won't make me happy" ---- Unknown:booz:

Comment

I was unaware June Jones because the coach of the New England Patriots all of a sudden,
                        If June Jones was a coach who runs scores up then why did he kneel on the ball at the 1 yard line Friday night when his teams needs every vote it can muster to get into the BCS?

:dunno:

Comment

The 2007-08 New England Patriots are an embarrassment to the NFL, and sportsmanship everywhere, IMHO.

Not because I hate them, because it's true.

These guys keep on making cocky comments like that, and someone just might find a way to stop em....by putting Brady/Moss on the shelf. Then I'd like to hear Bellicheat cry when his whole season is down the toilet.
                          Look, I respect your opinion more than 90% of the people on this board Stif, but listen to yourself. They are an "embarrassment to the NFL"? There are MANY things that are an "embarrassment to the NFL and sportsmanship everywhere", but the NE Patriots certainly are not one of them.

The Cincy Bengals, most specifically Chris Henry and Odell Thurman, are an embarrassment to the NFL. Terrell Owens is an embarrassment to the NFL. Pac Man Jones is an embarrassment to the NFL. Shawn Steroid Merriman is an embarrassment to the NFL. Leonard Little in an embarrassment to the NFL. Ray Lewis is an embarrassment to the NFL. Bill Belichick's wardrobe is an embarrassment to the NFL. Bryant Gumbel being the lead announcer for the NFL Network is an embarrassment to he NFL.

I could go on for days but I'll spare you. You personally HATE Belichick one would summize, and that's fine, that's your right. Calling him "Belicheat" pretty much spells it out. Did he cheat? Sure. Does everyone else do what they did in some form or other? You bet you ass they do. Just ask Jimmy Johnson, or ask my friend who is Coughlin's assistant (one of them at least).

They are good, they know it, and they want to make history..... Who cares? :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                            Who cares? :dunno:
                            i do. I long for the days when people had respect for one another. We live a a world right now that is totally selfish and void of any respect for any other member of this society. Sports are a great billboard for it. Hockey is as bad as its ever been with respect to guys just not having any respect for each other or the game. That is why the number of cheap shots and stick whacks and the like are at a higher rate than ever. You hear guys like Phil Espo talk about things in his day and he says, it was rough, people fought, but they had respect for their opponent. That is gone. It's gone in sports and it's gone in our society. Sportsmanship is a part of sports and it always has been. You can win, be great and also be classy about it. That is what makes a guy like LT great. New England danced on the SDG logo after beating them last year, they punch in scores to show up other teams, the list goes on. They have no class. And i think that is the point. And to some like Stif and myself, that matters. To others, probably such as yourself, it doesn't. And to each his own. I just think it's sad that it is becoming the norm these days. It's not just in sports it's in life. Greatness isn't on the scoreboard it's a combination of a lot of things, one being how you carry yourself. LT is great, Walter Payton was great, Roger Staubach was great. Peyton Manning is great......the Patriots are a very good football team with no class. The second part means something to some and nothing to others. I actually just had this discussion with a good friend about how I/me the world of sports had gotten and how there was such a shortage of sportsmanship and class in the leagues. If you need to punch in a meaningless TD to beat someone 56-7 instead of 49-7 i think that says a lot about your character, but that is just my opinion. I am in the minority i know, but im glad i am who i am and i am glad i still have the values that my parents/coaches instilled in me. But that's just my 2 cents which i am sure will soon come under heat....:laughing:
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I'm still in the camp that says the guys are getting paid to stop them so go ahead and do so. Philly played with them tonight because they came with a good game plan and executed it. NE is not unbeatable.

Comment

Working...
                              X