Donovan McNabb vs. My Memory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donovan McNabb vs. My Memory

I know that I am not that old but if memory serves me right, didn't McNabb go down 2 or 3 years ago and the backup came in and went 5-1 and then last year McNabb went down and the Eagles went 6-1? (one of you eagles fans correct me if I am wrong). Also McNabb is under .500 as a starter since the superbowl loss. How hard do you have to beat Andy R. in the head before he realizes that if he doesn't show McNabb the door he may be shown the door along with McNabb.
    a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
    Sides: +17.4 units
    Totals: +0 units
    In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
    Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

you are right:puke:
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
      I know that I am not that old but if memory serves me right, didn't McNabb go down 2 or 3 years ago and the backup came in and went 5-1 and then last year McNabb went down and the Eagles went 6-1? (one of you eagles fans correct me if I am wrong). Also McNabb is under .500 as a starter since the superbowl loss. How hard do you have to beat Andy R. in the head before he realizes that if he doesn't show McNabb the door he may be shown the door along with McNabb.
      mcnabb since superbowl loss

2005 4-5

2006 5-4

2007 4-5

13-14 overall

2005 back up quarterbacks went 2-5 (mcmahon was qb most games)

2006 back up quarterbacks went 6-3 (mostly due to garcia and stalworth combo)

2007 back up quarter back went 1-1 so far

9-9 for back ups overall so far

i told everyone around me that Owens and eagles defense is reason for superbowl apperance....

all those nfc championship games 4 straight due to eagles def and jim johnson....

eagles need to pull a detroit next few years wr's wr's and maybe another qb
      i like the rookie they should start him this year
      Last edited by DevilsAdvokt; 11-29-2007, 05:56 AM.

Comment

I love the birds, and i appreciate all McNabb has done, but I do think he is a bit over-rated. When we went to all those NFC championship games, the NFC as a whole was rather weak. He took advantage of that, and got some inflated numbers in the end. That being said, you can only play who is on your schedule.

I think he is so far from clutch. He throws so many ground balls, too often doesnt lead a receiver, and just doesnt have the balls to get it done. I dont think anyone here can deny that we had the Pats on the ropes during that Super Bowl and if McNabb even showed up we would have won.

He's way too sensitive too. Pussy is more like it.

I'm ready for Kobb..........

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

i like donovan a lot. he's done some incredible things with the poor WR's hes had his entire career, save owens. Mcnabb has had a different leading WR every season he's been in philly. thats pretty remarkable. keep in mind when they went to all of the NFC championships he was doing it with a different guy as his leading WR each year. But don't get me wrong, his time has come to see the door. I do believe he deserves his job back when he is healthy just because he's earned that, but I would like to see the eagles let Feeley start next season while they rebuild in some areas. Feeley has been great for this team and I think he's earned the opportunity to start a season for the birds while Kolb gets ready. I don't think Andy is ready to feed Kolb to the wolves first thing next season.

Comment

I agree with everything you said Daws....i guess i'm over reacting a bit because of all his whining lately, god almighty....!

Meant KOLB, my mistake........you're right, he's a work in progress.

BTW, like the birds -3 this weekend. I see the line as a trap for SEA bettors. you?

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

yea, i usually stay away from eagles games, but I think they get the win sunday. Seattle has won 3 in a row, but they were extremely lucky to beat st louis last week. It looks like alexander is going to be back in the mix, but their run game doesnt worry me. Eagles have done a decent job against the run all year (7th against the run). its their 2ndary that is weak. Giving up over 240 yards a game through the air plays right into seattle's hands. If we keep pressure on hasselsack i think the defense will do just fine. I said this in the thread earlier, I don't envision seattle winning back to back road games. Westbrook will get his and if feeley can eliminate turnovers, I think the eagles will go up and down the field on seattle. Just see a letdown for seattle after winning 3 in a row. eagles playing more confident after nearly knocking off the pets. This game is must win for philly if they plan to make a run for the wildcard.

go birds:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
              X