Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB's NFL Week 13 Thursday

Ytd 34-43 (-21.80)

Will go ahead and make a play on the game that apparently a ton of people can't watch

Dallas -7 (-110) Vs. Green Bay

2 units

Good Luck!
    If it ain't fun, don't do it!

GL!

Why can't people watch? It's on TSN up here (Canada ESPN).

Comment

In the states is on NFL Network
      NFL Network, while available on all the satalite's programming, is not offered through most of the HUGE Cable operators.

Its pretty carzy....been ongoing for a couple of years now.

Dallas Cowboys, National Football League, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts - CBSSports.com

Comment

JB,

I'll be watching. The only way the fan is going to win is if people vote with thier money. Take all your ******* money away from cable companies and give it to direct tv or dish network.

I did it one year ago and except for a couple of minor problems I have enjoyed the experience. If you gotta wife do it in stages. This year get it for NFL network, net year get her to buy you the Sunday Ticket for your birthday or christmass or anniversary.

Works like a charm.

Horfin:thumbs:
        a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
        Sides: +17.4 units
        Totals: +0 units
        In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
        Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Right...I remember that from last year. ****ty.
          TSN just picks up all US feeds no matter what network, so it doesn't affect us I guess.

GL!

Comment

Cable sucks. The cable company where I live, which shall remain nameless, not only doesn't have the NFL network, they also refuse to offer the Big 10 network in their standard programming package (in other words, you have to pay to subscribe to it) with the reasoning that "Then we'd have to charge everyone for it, and we believe only those who want it should pay for it". They even ran freakin commercials stating such.

Now seriously, with that reasoning, then we should all be able to just pick and choose what channels we want, right? And pay for those ones only?

I don't have cable, I have satellite, and I'm damn glad I do....but here's how I see it.

IF i had cable, I could then say "I don't want ******* MTV, CNN, Lifetime, Oxygen, those country music channels, and the other 80 or so channels that i never watch....but I get them, and of course pay for them, so please explain how the Big 10 network is different?"

I am willing to bet they'd have no real answer.

Fork them.

Comment

I'd just like to point out that if this game was on a Sunday, mixed in with all the other games, that a ton of people would have absolutely NO chance of seeing it. People bitch about the NFL network, but they are actually allowing more people to see some of these games than would see them on CBS or Fox on a Sunday. I know it's a weird way to look at it, but it's pretty true if you think about it. And the NFL Network package(sports package) is like $2.99 per month for me, so I'm not complaining.

Comment

I just read someone say the exact same thing, Nittnay.....makes sense...w/o the NFL nwtk, it might just be one of the many local Sunday games, and unless you had the Sunday Ticket you might miss it anyway, and wouldn't know the difference....this is actually adding a night, and MORE TV coverage for US viewers...

But the whole cable company bull**** is another thing altogether...I hate that **** too....they have Leafs TV up here that you have to pay for, which I love....but I can't "choose" to pay for all that other cable crap like Stif listed....
                Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 11-29-2007, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I'm lucky that I get to see the game. I don't have NFL network but I'm local, I guess so I get it on ABC :thumbs:

GL tonight JB, I like the Cowboys too.
                  Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

I have DirecTV with the NFL Sunday Ticket so I get everything....pay out the ass for it...but thats what I choose to do.

Acutally the cost for the entire season of NFL Sunday Ticket rivals that of 2 tickets to a Chiefs game with parking. I would rather get the entire Sunday Ticket package then pay to go watch the Chiefs once....lol

Got a Thursday night winner to boot!

Ytd 35-43 (-19.80)

Comment

Working...
                    X