LOL @ the guy on the NFL network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL @ the guy on the NFL network

He's babbling on and on about starting Jason Campbell at QB this week cause he's facing the #29 Bills pass defense who has allowed 18 passing touchdowns this year.

However, he conveniently left out that about 10 of those came at the hands of Tom Brady and the Patriots, since the Bills get the distinct pleasure of facing them twice a year. I'm guessing on that number by the way, but, they gave up 13 total TD's to NE in the 2 games, and since all NE really does is pass, I am assuming 10 passing TD's out of 13 total would probably be a pretty accurate number.

Now assuming 10 passing TD's to NE is a correct number, this means they allowed 8 passing TD's in all of their other 9 games.

Even if it's 9 passing TD's by NE, it's still only 1 per game in the other games.

The point.....numbers lie, and a situation like that is a great reason why defensive rankings are basically useless to me

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
    great reason why defensive rankings are basically useless to me
    And so are most of the idiot "analysts" on TV. :thumbs:

Comment

GREAT point Stif....that is so true...take away those two, and it doesn't look so bad. They've also played DAL, PIT & CIN...not exactly bad offences as well!

It was 9 TDs against NE, officially...

Comment

well

on the flip side to playing NE twice they also get to play the Jets twice and that helps pad defensive stat. LOL.

Comment

Stif,

Love the post. Don't you just want to send the idiot an email and say "WTF are you saying?"

Horfin:thumbs:
          a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
          Sides: +17.4 units
          Totals: +0 units
          In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
          Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

I have Palmer and Campbell... really have no choice but to go with Campbell.

Unlike the NFL Net guy, though, I respect the Bills D. I just hope the emotion of tomorrow's game gets an extra TD or 2 for me. :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X