NFL Week 14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Week 14

I'll update my record in a bit. It sucks anyhow.

1pm:

Philadelphia Eagles -3 (+102)

Another spot where the oddsmakers are telling you who they think will win. 82% on the Giants ML as a dog? Yea ok. I get it why everyone likes NYG, after how they beat down Philly the first time....but I think they forget Philly was on the road, missing Westbrook, and half of their O-line. They're also forgetting Eli Manning sucks, especially down the stretch, and he is proving it again this year. Because of Manning's ineptness, the Giants got crushed by MIN 2 weeks ago, and they were lucky to escape win a win last week against a pitiful Bears team. Manning with 3 picks again, and the Eagles in a romp, IMHO.

Tennessee Titans pk +105

I have still to figure out what is so great about SD. So what if they have a 2 game win streak over the hapless Chiefs and Ravens. Philip Rivers blows, and if Haynesworth is a go, TEN has one of the best run defenses in the league. Rivers throwing to win on the road at TEN? Not likely IMHO.

3 units each

Houston Texans +3

Wrong fave. TB looking for its 2nd straight road victory, and 5th straight overall, but they haven't beaten anyone worth a crap (ARI, ATL, WSH, NO) in that stretch. HOU will IMO do a better job of being physical than the Aints did last week, and limit the time TB is on offense, and lengthen the time they are on defense. TB pushed the Aints around last week like high schoolers in the trenches, yet still couldn't finish them off without a ridiculous break on that reverse. Houston has a better team than N.O. with a healthy Schaub and Johnson, and they should have every chance to take this game. Super value getting them as a home dog IMHO.

2 units

Houston Texans ML +140

1 unit
    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 12-09-2007, 11:29 AM.

No Schaub for Houston this week....but your point is still valid
    Besides it looks like Garcia might not be playing either.
    If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      No Schaub for Houston this week....but your point is still valid
      Besides it looks like Garcia might not be playing either.
      My bad, I thought he was playing. Guess I should actually check the injury reports instead of assuming, lol. In any case, I still like it, although I understand why they are dogged now. Any team missing their starting QB is normally dogged. Still doesn't mean it's always correct. Guess I have to rely on Rosenfels....and hope that's the case today.

Comment

adding a 3 team ML parlay @ -111:

Green Bay Packers -525
        Minnesota Viqueens -370
        Indianapolis Colts -390

3 units

Comment

GL Stif Hope your right about the Eagles but boy do they suck:bang:
          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

4pm games:

Minnesota Viqueens -8 (-103)

If there's sharp money on SF moving the line down, I don't get it. The Viqueens have been flat out dominant running the football and stopping the run. SF doesn't stop the run well, and without being able to do damage on the ground, i don't think SF can even compete in this situation. Either I'm really missing something bad, or this game won't be close.

Seattle Seachickens -7

Arizona is beaten up. Seattle rarely loses at home, and while i don't think they are any type of real contender, they're better than a depleted Arizona team. Picking the winner here, as the spread is only -7. Time to jump on the Arizona fade train, as I was lucky to escape playing them last week with a win. A win for Seattle today pretty much ends the race in the NFC West, and I think they get it, so I'll lay the TD, which is IMO begging for Arizona action to try and keep the money close to even.

3 units each

NY Jets +4 (-120)

Now that noodle arm is out, the Jets are starting to play better. Still not sold on NOT fading the Browns as a road fave....and they proved it last week at ARI, managing to lose to a team who they are clearly better than. That earns them a -4 road fave? Ok??

NY Jets ML +160

1 unit

8:15pm game:

Indianapolis Colts -8.5 (+100)

I see a HUGE letdown spot for the Ravens here. What reason do they have to bounce back and try their asses off again, after getting ****ed last week, in what they called their "super bowl"? Otherwise, the Ravens are a bad team going nowhere but on vacation in a few weeks, and i believe they've already packed their bags....

3 units

Just can't bring myself to side with the public on Pittsburgh as of right now, lol, as I see the first NE loss coming NEXT week to the Jets....not today....although i will admit alot of factors do point to taking the points with PIT. One factor that honestly scares me is that the calls all seem to go in the favor of NE. Not saying there's any type of conspiracy to make them go undefeated, but lets be real, for whatever reason, the refs picked up the W last week @ BAL, not NE. I realize good teams get the benefit of the doubt alot of the time, but the end of that game last Monday night was just sick. This game probably will be a no play for me, but I'll be rooting for PIT for sure.
            Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 12-09-2007, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Stif,

Good Luck to you.. We are on the same page on almost all of them. So I hope you have a great day, LOL.

Also TITANS should win this one.:thumbs:
              a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
              Sides: +17.4 units
              Totals: +0 units
              In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
              Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

GL....we're on the same sides.... :thumbs:

Comment

Adding in my record for anyone who cares, which is NOT good....

ytd ats 67-72 (-23.80 units)
                  dog ml's 15-30 (-6.96 units)
                  teasers 0-3 (-9.20 units)
                  parlays 0-1 (-1.00 units)
                  testers 0-0 (-0.00 units) :laughing:
                  total 82-106 (-40.96 units)

There you have it. A stellar season indeed :beerbang:

Comment

gl stif, on a few of those myself :thumbs:
                    **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

Working...