***Week 17 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Week 17 Discussion***

This is it guys, the beginning of the end. Let's shake the tree & see if some winners fall out. I have a list of games I like, some are fading teams with nothing to play with, some riding teams with nothing to play with. I'll post them with a little reasoning, then someone give some reasons why it's a bad idea LoL.

Cowboys+9 & 340- Ultimate letdown spot for the Skins, who have won 2 straight as dogs. They are in with a win, but if they lose along with a Minny loss/Saints win, they're out. The boys don't anything to play for, but even with the backups I would expect a solid defensive game. Coaches like to enter the playoiffs with momentum...... can Brad Johnson hand the ball off?

Jaguars+6.5 & +250- Same kind of logic, Jags can run the ball with whoever, Gray has already seen time, & they still are gonna play D. Jones-Drew & Toefield should stilll move the ball. The Texans have won 3 straight at home (NO, TB, Denver). They have also lost to Tenn. & edged out Miami by 3, so IMO it's worth a shot. I really like this one.

Raiders+8 & 310- Chargers on the road, & with nothing to play for. Russell could light it up, or get destroyed. Have to entertain it.

Rams+6 & ML- Zona nearly lost at home last week to Atlanta for christ's sake! Lot's of playmakers, can't help but lean to the over.....

Jets-6.5- both teams off tough losses, picking the winner I'd say Jets. Sure to be an unpopular favorite.

Dolphins ML- Cincy off a home win, but nearly blew it. Doesn't make them good on the road. 1-6 on the road & they're favored? This will likely be a play.

Det/GB over- Rogers looked pretty good when playing, both teams should be able to move the ball. This is one I would lean to the dog, but maybe the over is the better play.

49ers+10 & 425- I have to entertain it. See Niners week 17 2006 if you're wondering why.

Saints-2 as a road fave no less. Bears are 1 dimensional, & if the Saints don't turn the ball over & can stop the run, they'll win. I know those are big ifs......

Bills+7.5 & +270- it's the homer in me.

Minny on the road vs. Denver, definition of a public road fave. I want to see if JML is backing them, but **** they've beat the Bears on the road by 3, & beat the Giants & 49ers pretty convincingly. They also lost to Detroit, KC, Dallas & GB. Denver is bad though. Maybe the over.

OK go!
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

i too think the dolphins could be a play. this is just the type of game where cincy will want to get it over with and pack it in and the dolphins will not.

i may be wrong, but dont seattle and TB still have something to play for? aren't they fighting for the 3rd seed and to see who doesnt play nyg? they are both dogs and i wasn't sure.

i kind of liked kc in that one udoggie. i dont like jets as a favorite. their offense is putrid, expecially with noodles running it. i'll take kc and the pts there.

Comment

I'm really liking the Cowboys here. It may be that I'm a Vikings fan, but Romo just said he wanted to play because "theres a game to be won." Also, let's not forget this is a fierce rivalry. If I'm the Boys, I'm not wanting to lose this game, and I'm wanting momentum going into the playoffs. Though that seems obvious, I think the Boys are getting great value at +335 right now. Brad Johnson can hand the ball off, and if he's getting reps in practice, can we say some play action? They do have a decent backup TE if Witten isn't playing. Fasano anyone? Also, if Romo plays, I'm sure he wants reps with Terry Glenn for an added receiver in the playoffs. GLTA.
      NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
      MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
      MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
      NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
      Updated on 01/13/18
      ---
      One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

UD....the Bolts certainly have something to play for...they need the win over the Raiders to get the 3rd seed and more importantly...avoid the Jags, and draw the much easier Browns/Titans!!

For that reason I am going to lay the points with the Chargers, and I see it much the same as last week where a strong running game of the Jags killing the horrible run defence of the Raiders. SD should run all over them too. Add in that it is Russell's first start, and he looks very shakey, the Raiders offence being lost without Fargas, and I think the Bolts cover easy running the ball and capitalizing off turnovers. SD is getting hot at the right time, and want to win this game...Oakland will not stand in the way, IMO.

I also like the Steelers for the same reasson...these teams really need to try and avoid the Jags first round, as they are very hot, and probably the 3rd best team in the NFL right now. Ravens are horrible, have even more injuries to worry about, and the Steelers should throttle them.

UD...yes, I like the Vikings to bounce back. Pefect situation to show up, needing the win for a chance at the postseason, and facing a team that can't stop the run this year. They couldn't get it done against Wash, but that team is a solid run-stopping defence. If the Vikings don't turn the ball over like they have the past few games, I expect an easy win.

Also love the Dolphins this week as a homedog. Cincy is a joke....yes they won last week, and I didn't see the game, but wasn't it more Anderson handing it to them with 4 costly INT's, and the Browns not scoring in the red-zone?? I mean, the Bungals were outgained solidly by over 100 yards, and Palmer only completed 11 of 25 for 115 yards with 2 picks? Against that Cle defence?? Cincy didn't win that game, Cle lost it. I don't see them laying points on the road, where they have been terrible, coming off a huge win where they played spoiler against their rival. Huge let-down spot here IMO to end the season...I don't think they show up, and I think Miami wants to win this game to at least end the year winning 2 of their last 3 after all the 0-fer talk.....add in the excitement of Parcells joining the team next year, and I think they will have more energy and positivity around that clubhouse than a Cincy team will disapointed with their non-playoff year, heading on the road for a nothing game...coming off their biggest win of the year at home.

Looking at tailing you guys on that Dallas play too...

What to do on the Saturday game!?! :dunno:

GL
        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-27-2007, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post

What to do on the Saturday game!?! :dunno:

GL
          lay off....

but if ya need action, IMO the best play is under....

nep will try to set records, nyg has nothin' to play for, except bein' the team that prevented the perfect season... I wouldn't lay that many points with nep....

:drunk:

Comment

Agreed on that dallas line, fellas. My boys have looked awfully strong and have loved backing them the last few weeks but 9.5?!? C'mon. Even with B. Johnson (who has had a chip on his houlder since the 'Skins cut him) throwing the ball this IS still a Dallas-Washington game and Wade Phillips wants to try and get that 14th win which would be a franchise record. The Redskins win, IMO, but Dallas probably covers.

Comment

IMO, skins win big.... :beer2:

Comment

I just can't see the Skins winning big in a rivalry game unless Dallas decides to sit their entire OL and get Johnson/Romo killed. My only play will probably be a one-unit on the Dallas ML.
                NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
                MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
                MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
                NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
                Updated on 01/13/18
                ---
                One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

11/18 was @ dal -----> TR & TO 28- Skins 23...

no TO this time, and TR, if he plays, will be limited... wtf does dallas have to prove???? why did the books set the line so high????

this m/u was late in '05 @ washington, both with something to play for, now there is nothing for the boyz to play for... and what happened in that game???? skins big!

:drunk:

Comment

WASHINGTON REDSKINS
                    Washington clinches a playoff berth with:
                    1) a win
                    2) a Washington tie + a Minnesota loss or tie OR
                    3) a Minnesota loss + a New Orleans loss or tie

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
                    Minnesota clinches a playoff berth with
                    1) a Minnesota win + a Washington loss or tie OR
                    2) a Minnesota tie + a Washington loss

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
                    New Orleans clinches a playoff berth with:
                    1) a New Orleans win + a Washington loss + a Minnesota loss

TENNESSEE TITANS
                    Tennessee clinches a playoff berth with:
                    1) a Tennessee win OR
                    2) a Tennessee tie + a Cleveland loss

CLEVELAND BROWNS
                    Cleveland clinches a playoff berth with:
                    1) a Tennessee loss OR
                    2) a Cleveland win or tie + a Tennessee tie

Games played ET:

nos 1:00

was & min 4:00

cle 1:00

ten 8:15

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                      i may be wrong, but dont seattle and TB still have something to play for? aren't they fighting for the 3rd seed and to see who doesnt play nyg? they are both dogs and i wasn't sure.

sea wins the tie breaker, beat tbb game 1.... why else would atl be favored...:laughing:

Comment

UD....the Bolts certainly have something to play for...they need the win over the Raiders to get the 3rd seed and more importantly...avoid the Jags, and draw the much easier Browns/Titans!!
                        Record:

pitt 10-5 @ bal
                        sdc 10-5 @ oak

tiebreaker 1 head to head: N/A

tiebreaker 2 conference record:

pit 7-4
                        sdc 8-3

if pitt wins their game, go to tiebreaker 3, common opponents record:

nep, den, jax , bal:

pit 1-3
                        sdc 3-2

pit can win, and still wont get the 3rd seed, unless sdc loses.... why should pit try????

:beer2:
                        Last edited by homedawg; 12-27-2007, 09:16 PM.

Comment

the big tuna showed up at yesterdays practice.... :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post

pit can win, and still wont get the 3rd seed, unless sdc loses.... why should pit try????
                            They won't have to try against the 2nd & 3rd stringers of Baltimore. Their starters were bad....how good can their injury replacements be? We've seen some the past few weeks, and get even more this week!

Staying away from the NE/NYG side...to many unknowns...

Comment

Staying away from the NE/NYG side...to many unknowns...
                              If BB wanted to get the respect, from the public back, he would have his team down the ball every play of the game and let the gmen win... that record is gonna be tainted if he wins... f'n cheaters.... :drunk:

Comment

Working...
                              X