1972 Dolphins vs. 2007 Patriots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 Dolphins vs. 2007 Patriots

Any old farts around here care to throw out some opinions on which team would prevail in a head to head matchup?

I was born in '72. As much as a sports fan as I am, I was really only a fan of nipples then.

I was born in 72 as well....but NE wins by 17.....

lol

:beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Any old farts around here care to throw out some opinions on which team would prevail in a head to head matchup?

I was born in '72. As much as a sports fan as I am, I was really only a fan of nipples then.
      are you saying that you are no longer a fan of nipples:laughing:

Comment

Nope. Kevin just asked
        Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Comment

Actually I like these I get to watch 'em all day and night.
          Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Comment

well lemme ask you "old farts" this, when the 72 dolphins completed the perfect season, did it make you want to vomit and/or **** at the same time?

cuz these patriots do, and I really don't know why? I rooted for them against the Rams in 02, but that was on the heels of 9/11 and I felt it appropriate that someone named the Patriots win the Super Bowl, plus they were true underdogs.

now its either jealously, loathing, or equally ESPN not being able to get off their nuts that induces the nausea! :puke:
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Amen Q! & Meester, I'm jealous.......
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Wow that girl is hot... And damn, I wasn't born yet either but I can't imagine the Dolphins were as good as this team. I just can't. I also don't get why people hate them so much. Maybe they ran the score up once or twice during the year, but we've been through this "argument". Everyone is getting paid, so I personally don't see what the big deal is. Stop them. I'm neither a Pats fan, nor an anti-Belichick apologist... I just think the team as a whole is absolutely phenomenal. They have the best QB on the planet, the best WR on the planet, the top slot WR on the planet, and quite possibly the best offensive line in football as a whole on the planet, and a defense that plays well together and has a ton of Pro Bowlers from the "eye gouching" run stuffer Wilfork, to the pass rushing DL Seymour, to the do-it-all LB Thomas, to the do-everything-else LB Vrabel, to the top tier DB Samuel. The team is incredible, it's hard to argue. Yea they have Harrison who is a scumbag, dirty player and steroid abuser and they have Seau who is a lying sack of **** and the biggest juicebag/HGH professional of all timeplaying inside LB at 38 years old and has a head that rivals Roger Clemens in "squareness", but no team is without those bad apples.

Smash-mouth Jacksonville and/or the winner of Colts/Chargers are the only things standing in their way of immortality.

Comment

I agree Cuse. I really do, I stated above I dunno why I just dont like them?

I could care less about the cheating. I think its ESPN. I know I dont have to watch ESPN but the thing is I just want highlights, I suppose I could look it up on the internet but its so much easier on ESPN LOL.

I bet more people woulda hated the Dolphins if Stuart Scott was alive (well relevant lol) back in 72.

and yeh this team would destroy the Dolphins. but.... I still strongly believe their D is suspect.. that O is awesome no doubt, but I will be rooting against them for their next 3 games, and prolly lose at that LOL
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

my stupid ass ravens should have beat them. :beer2:

anyway, think they would beat the dolphins in a shootout.

i still hate the arrogant pricks

Comment

The size and speed of today's athletes alone is far superior to what it was in 1972. It's not even a real comparison. Probably most or all of today's NFL teams could beat the 1972 Dolphins, IMHO....well except the obvious ones like the Dolphins, Raiders, Jets, etc...lol

Patriots D is still real suspect. Their title as best scoring defense in the league is a complete farce, because their offense has the ball so much, and scores so much to take teams out of their game plan....plus they play alot of really ****ty offenses.

The offense is great, their coach always comes up with good game plans, they don't have letdowns against inferior competition, they don't panic when they fall behind cause they're a veteran team, and they DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER. That's why they're 16-0.

Great season for them.

In all honesty, I will be very interested to see how they do in the playoffs. They will be tough to beat for sure, but IMO there are plenty of teams who can certainly beat them.

It will be interesting to see what the line is to take the "field" to win the super bowl. In other words anyone but NEP. Not talking about one of those NFC +14.5 over AFC ones (those are DUMB), but rather a ML on any other team winning the super bowl except NEP, that's posted prior to the playoffs starting. I'm sure some books will offer such a line...and my guess is that it will be way up there.

I personally think there's going to be a ton of value in taking a shot at the Jacksonville Jaguars for AFC champ and Super Bowl champ as well, cause they are a very solid team and still seem to fly under the radar as far as not getting the credit some other teams do, plus they play the kind of football that wins championships. If they're +400 or +500 or more, for either, I think it's probably worth a shot for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X