NCAA/NFL is a joke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA/NFL is a joke

this celebration/unsportsmanlike bull**** penalty is plain hogwash.

why can't you celebrate?

I have yet to see a team retaliate (other than the TO standing on the star) because someone was excessively celebrating.

******* simple. dont let them score!

I'm referring to the FSU TD just now of course, and the stupid announcers say I wish kids would quit flying into the endzone, they are gonna hurt their neck and you wonder why the rule is in place. LMAO riiiiight assclown, flying into the endzone with nothing but the ground to tackle you is much much much much more dangerous than say being tackled or stepped on by a 300 lb behemoth.

this is football after all.

tired of seeing this ****, let them play.

now the stupid idiot that threw the flag at the ref deserves that yardage....but everything else is buulllsheeeet :puke:
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

I agree completely. Unless it's really "unsportsmanlike", like taunting the opponent or doing some kind of obscene gesture or something, let it go.

It's kinda like the "ruffing the vagina" rule in the NFL. Completely unnecessary.

"OH NO! Don't touch poor little Tom Brady or Peyton Manning's helmet as you pass by"

I mean yea, if you shellack a QB after the play, it's a penalty....or show an obvious intent to injure (Vince Wilfork....you piece of ****)....but really....."Contact to a QB's head"?

I've honestly seen this called many times for a guy barely swiping a QB's helmet with his hand as he went by.

WTF?

Comment

Yeah...the roughing the passer call is called way to much. You fart downwind from the QB in the NFL and it's 15 yards. So frustrating when the defence does their job, and the offence gets bailed out by a weak roughing the passer call. Especiallyy when you're backing the defensive team! lol.

As for the celebration penalties...I'm not sure...I guess there is a line somewhere. I don't see how diving into the endzone can be called though....big f'ing deal, I agree. Although...In the CFL, the group of receivers almost put on a rap video after every score, and it's getting very tiresome. So there has to be some kind of line.

Comment

Oh hell yea....when it becomes a group celebration then it's unnecessary and should be flagged.

College football goes too far though. Penalizing an 18-22 year old kid for showing excitement after tying a game they supposedly weren't even going to able to compete in? Gimme a break.

LOL at Bobby Bowden. He said "bunch of crap" on national TV :laughing:

Comment

I feel like I'm doing my typical "Cuse antagonist" thing here, but honestly I'm not and this is something really pisses me off when I see it in all honesty. I don't know who that "analyst" is (Norrie or Bentley maybe???), but I 100% agree with him. If you unnecessarily dive into the end zone I think you should be kicked out of the game, and if you flip into the end zone you should be suspended for the rest of that game and the next. He's right IMHO, some jackass is going to paralyze himself doing it. It's sounds RIDICULOUS to say, I understand, but it's going to happen. In college, the TD to flip ratio is like 3 to 1. It's insane.

Again, this isn't me being "Cuse The Jackass" (welll...)... I really think they should outlaw that somehow.

Happy New Year!

PS I use a lot of ellipses, don't I? ... ... ... ... ...

Comment

hey im just glad i got responses, I'm the idiot that posted this in the NFL forum by mistake when I was watching an NCAA game and posting about a NCAA play. LOL

but NFL applies here too :beerbang:

Happy New Year dudes! just starting to drink maybe. maybe.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
              hey im just glad i got responses, I'm the idiot that posted this in the NFL forum by mistake when I was watching an NCAA game and posting about a NCAA play. LOL
              Haha, I let that slide but you're the man Q for bringing it up. I am headed out soon, just polishes off one of those Heineken Draught Keg tings (and I don't even like Heineycan but oh well)... What a stellar invention.

Happy New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

:ohman:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

I feel like I'm doing my typical "Cuse antagonist" thing here, but honestly I'm not and this is something really pisses me off when I see it in all honesty. I don't know who that "analyst" is (Norrie or Bentley maybe???), but I 100% agree with him. If you unnecessarily dive into the end zone I think you should be kicked out of the game, and if you flip into the end zone you should be suspended for the rest of that game and the next. He's right IMHO, some jackass is going to paralyze himself doing it. It's sounds RIDICULOUS to say, I understand, but it's going to happen. In college, the TD to flip ratio is like 3 to 1. It's insane.

Again, this isn't me being "Cuse The Jackass" (welll...)... I really think they should outlaw that somehow.

Happy New Year!

i agree completely. not to mention i am so sick and tired of the no respect hood rat factor in sports....have fun, enjoy playing the game, but do you really have to be a complete ass clown everytime you do something.
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                    i agree completely. not to mention i am so sick and tired of the no respect hood rat factor in sports....have fun, enjoy playing the game, but do you really have to be a complete ass clown everytime you do something.
                    And in that situation, he really didn't even do anything at all. Hellen Keller could have snatched that football out of the air and ran it back. If you make some phenomenal, freakish, athletic play and lose your head when you get the to end zone, I can totally deal with that, no prob... Congrats, you did a one in a million thing. But this retard caught a duck at the 25 yard line and ran it on basically unchallenged. Big ******* deal buddy.

:beer2:

Comment

How about the Falcons yesterday celebrating every TD against the Seattle second stringers like they just won the SB, and actually gatorading their coach at the end! WTF??

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                        How about the Falcons yesterday celebrating every TD against the Seattle second stringers like they just won the SB, and actually gatorading their coach at the end! WTF??
                        I missed that one! WoW
                        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

And in that situation, he really didn't even do anything at all. Hellen Keller could have snatched that football out of the air and ran it back. If you make some phenomenal, freakish, athletic play and lose your head when you get the to end zone, I can totally deal with that, no prob... Congrats, you did a one in a million thing. But this retard caught a duck at the 25 yard line and ran it on basically unchallenged. Big ******* deal buddy.

:beer2:
                          i kinda agree only for the fact that i am on Florida State and I was livid when they took 7 off the board when the guy made an amazing catch and the refs called it off pass interference when he did not even push off.

and the guy who made the call was not even in a position to make it, the sideline judge saw it , ignored it and called TD.

of course I'm biased because I'm on FSU, but I think as a result of that play, and afterwards getting their asses handed to them being stopped 4 times at the goal...that INT play was a result of things getting testy as it was, I think on 4th down, that LB from Kentucky that stuffed FSU got a penalty for unnecessary roughness, so emotions were already running high. A 19 year old has to be given some slack in that situation IMO.

LOL at the Falcons, didnt see that wish I did!

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

I can honestly say my sentiments about the "end zone flip" are totally mine and have nothing to with betting because I have Kentucky teased down to a pick'em or -1 in both my plays so my be twas never in doubt, IMO (watch FSU get a pick six now, haha). I just seriosuly think some idiot is going to paralyze himself doing that, and it will probably be some high school kid not athletic enough to do it and be an even worse story.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post

its been a looooooooooooooooooong year in atlanta.....but I still think that was kind of ridiculous..but on the other hand, these guys were just sick and tired of everything that went on this year...from Vick, to Petrino, etc...it was a nightmare of a season and they finally won a fckn game in I don't know how long at home....plus I think the gatorade was becuase of the tremendous respect all the players have for the interm coach, Emmit Thomas...he's been the league for 27 years, and that was going to be his one and only NFL win as a head coach...ever...so that part I can understand...he's a really well respected guy in that locker room, and it was basically congratulating him for getting a W as a head coach....atleast that's what some of the 'watercooler' talk has been here..anyway...glad this fckn season is over the falcons....hope they make some good moves in the offseason to get this franchise back on track:bang:

Comment

Working...
                              X