JML Wildcard Weekend >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Wildcard Weekend >>>

Had a good regular season....looking for a good playoffs. I want to see an Indy/Dallas Superbowl...

Redskins +4 -115 vs Seahawks - 3 Units

Redskins +160 vs Seahawks - 1 Unit

Jaguars ML -125 vs Steelers - 3 Units

Bucs -2.5 -115 vs Giants - 3 Units

Titans/Chargers UNDER 40 -110 - 3 Units

Looking at adding TB and Tenn for Sunday, but looking for lower juice on TB & +10 with Tenn....as the public seems to be backing Eli and Philip.

GL Everyone...
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-05-2008, 01:55 PM.

GL JML :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
      as the public seems to be backing Eli and Philip.

LOL, did you expect any less?

Backing bad (or inexperienced) QB's in the playoffs is normally the kiss of death....and I will be against both NYG and SD, as I think both of the forementioned QB's are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
        LOL, did you expect any less?

Backing bad (or inexperienced) QB's in the playoffs is normally the kiss of death....and I will be against both NYG and SD, as I think both of the forementioned QB's are bad.
        TB defense near the top of the league in takeaways + Eli in the playoffs :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          TB defense near the top of the league in takeaways + Eli in the playoffs :beerbang:
          My favorite play this week. Typical vegas line made possible because of public perception.... they see NYG blowout the Bills (who had nothing to play for), then keep it close vs the Pats, & bam! A nice line for TB that IMO should be 6.5 or so. Titans game is a tough call to me. Backing Rivers is scary on the road, but 10 pts in the playoffs? That's one high number, but Vince could get abused. I'm leaning under there.... GL JML, looks like we'll have similar cards :thumbs:
          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
            My favorite play this week. Typical vegas line made possible because of public perception.... they see NYG blowout the Bills (who had nothing to play for), then keep it close vs the Pats, & bam! A nice line for TB that IMO should be 6.5 or so. Titans game is a tough call to me. Backing Rivers is scary on the road, but 10 pts in the playoffs? That's one high number, but Vince could get abused. I'm leaning under there.... GL JML, looks like we'll have similar cards :thumbs:
            Yeah...I like the under in SD too. My theory was that was going to be a low scoring grind-it-out type game, so 10 points is way to much to cover. Rivers sucks, so SD will want to run the ball. Tennessee has a good defence, and is great at stopping the run. The Titans also run the ball well, so it seems like a 16-13 type game to me....going either way.

2 good defences, 2 good running teams, 2 teams with below-average passing = dog & the under IMO.

Also a little revenge for Tenn, after that tough OT loss to SD during the season? Where they led 14-3 with nine minutes left in the 4th. At the very least, Tenn knows they can beat SD. The Tenn Defence held Rivers to 37 yards passing through three quarters and sacked him 5 times.
            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-02-2008, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Put in the Sunday plays. :thumbs:

TB is an obvious play for me, 7-1 at home, with a good defence that can cause turnovers playing Eli, who will continue to be a playoff bust, IMO. I'll take the veteran Garcia to outplay him. Add in the injuries to the Giants, where Coughlin had to show he had big balls against the Patriots, costing his team a starting LB (Mitchell), his starting centre (Ohara), and likely his starting CB (Madison). Add that to their multitude of other injuries, and the healthier, less mistake-prone home team wins this one.

As for the Titans/SD, I think it's way too many points to give a team in the playoffs, that runs the ball well, and has a good defence, but with all those injuries and question marks on offence, not sure I can back them, especially on the road way out West. I think that Vince Young is one of those players that steps up his game in the playoffs or big games, and I expected that this weekend....but is he 100%, and will he have the ability to run?? Titans also lose their TE against Indy, and now their top receiver goes down in practice during the week? Titans also with injuries on the O-Line?? How will they score? Can't back a team where coming into a game, it wouldn't surprise me if they were held to single-digit points. A healthy Tenn team, and I'm all over the +10....BUT, with two good defences, I am on the UNDER instead, cause there's now way I'm laying DD with Rivers. I think Tenn holds SD in check, much like they did for 3 1/2 quarters last time they played, and SD gets the 20-13 or 20-10 type win.

Also...for Saturday....Seattle has beaten exactly ONE team this year with a winning record, and that was against TB in Week ONE. Going with strength of schedule and momentum in that one, even with the Seattle home field. This is the best team they will have played there all year.

That's likely it...Should be a great weekend of football....enjoy!!
              Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-04-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

JML- GL!....i put 5Units on the TAM and also a couple units on a teaser of TEN/SDG Under47 and TAM +4. GL!....nice season once again....:thumbs:....but you're 0-0 now baby...it's the postseason....lol.........

on a side note, what's up with Hemsky? That guy absolutely can't play more than 3 games in a row without getting hurt. Too bad because he is a point a night kind of guy when he is in the lineup. With him missing and now Souray, Angelus' Oilcan may not score again this year.
                Last edited by FlyersFan; 01-04-2008, 12:11 PM.
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Love that teaser, FF...GL!

Hemsky is a frail bastard, that's for sure...likely always will be...and he might be close to a PPG player, but they're all assists...they guy just doesn't shoot the puck!
                  Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-04-2008, 12:14 PM.

Comment

GL this weekend JML, Wild Card Weekend is brought to you courtesy of Jarko Ruutu:

YouTube - Hockey Fight: Ruutu vs Tucker

:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                      GL this weekend JML, Wild Card Weekend is brought to you courtesy of Jarko Ruutu:

YouTube - Hockey Fight: Ruutu vs Tucker

:beerbang:
                      There are 2 of the biggest punks in hockey.....couple nice cheap shot artists going head to head......i had to laugh when chris simon skated over Ruutu and he got suspended. i think the leauge should have just called it even with Ruutu and moved on.........:thumbs:

Comment

JML- i honestly think TENN is going to get spanked. They will do nothing on offense, IMO, especially with Williams out with a broken leg. I just get a feeling SDG is going to freight train them and VY will be the deer-in-headlights athlete of the week. I don't think SDG is explosive enough on offense to dent that TENN D too badly which is why i agree on the under play. But i think that is the blowout of the weekend/stinker game of the weekend. SDG-24 TENN-9

Comment

Haha nice fight, love how the refs just skate with them and let it continue.

Also like the picks yet again JML, on a few of them myself! Good luck to everybody this weekend! :thumbs:
                          GO TITANS!

Comment

That wouldn't surprise me FF...the main reason I'm off Tenn after an early lean. Too many injuries...3 top receivers out, O-line troubles, VY probably 70%? Tennessee should keep SD in the low 20s though, so I agree....under seems like the best play in that one to me...

No comment on Tucker, except for that maybe you should check out the Philadelphia Flyers suspension history this year????????
                            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-04-2008, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Good Luck with the WC picks, JML

Comment

Working...
                              X