X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawk Saturday with flmmkrz

Hawks ml @ +370 x 2 units

Hawks +10 @ -133 to win 4 units

Got them both when the lines went up initially but I never imagined both would dip like they have. I figured I might get bitten in the ass buying up to the 10 as I thought the public would take the fave and push the line but worked out in my favor.

I'm surprised to see the public backing the hawks to the degree they are but I imagine the numbers will level now that the lines dipped to almost a td.

Reasons:

Mismatches on offense. Hackett and Branch on the field together for only the 2nd or third time all year long. Significant because it means linebackers Hawk and Barnett now become coverage guys on passing downs and matching up on Burleson and more importantly Engram. Hackett and Branch will play a part but the 3 and 4 reciever imo will be the difference for the hawk offense. Hawk and Barnett are very good players but Engram and Burleson are tough match ups for corners they'll be big playmakers matched up on these guys.

Much was made of the hawks easy sched last week, here's another team that benefitted from some lucky twists of the sched. Are they a 13-3 team if they catch the bolts, gmen and skins in the 2nd half of the season instead of weeks 2,3 and 6? I doubt it. If we're downplaying the hawks record then turnarounds fairplay.

The hawks run game, the skins run stop unit was a better one than the hawks will face this weekend. Conditions are supposedly going to be decent so the passing game will be okay for the hawks. As the passing game goes the run game goes. All season long Alexanders looked like he's lost a step, looked soft etc etc. I heard an interview a couple weeks ago talking about his wrist and the interviewee was saying that he hasn't really lost a step or gotten any softer but being forced to carry strictly in one hand changed the way he ran and the way he had to protect the ball. If it looked like a run wasn't going anywhere he would go into a sort of max protect and unable to put his hand on the ground and push forward while going down he looked like he crumpled. Well last week was about as good as I've seen Shaun run this year, he ran hard and at times looked elusive again. He was able to switch the ball position for maybe the first time in a game this year. It's not the 05 run game for sure but it doesn't need to be that. With Weaver and Mo with Shaun the run game should at least do what it did last week if not more.

Defense, the skins were caught off guard with how fast the hawks front 7 were, Favre hasn't seen a front this good all season. The secondary is healthy and the most confident it's been all season.The pack will score they always do and they got great playmakers at wideout but waiting for the long ball to develop isn't going to be as easy as it's been for them at points this season and if Favre goes gunslinger cause of the pressure the hawks can bring the secondary could put up a nice stat day. Bottom line Favre should see plenty of pressure all game.

Holmy, say what you want about his late game playcalling but he's guided this team to the playoffs for a few straight years now and schemed some of the best playmakers out of games. This team will be ready to go and I believe the hawks have the coaching edge.

Lets go hawks:beerbang:
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 01-11-2008, 01:12 PM.

Surprise, surprise...lol...

GL flm!! :thumbs: :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
      Surprise, surprise...lol...

GL flm!! :thumbs: :beerbang:
      lol, I'd like to think even if I weren't a diehard I'd be on that 10, the ml may be debatable but I think there is value in the ml.

Comment

flmmkrz.... i agree with you 100% on SEA, maybe I have been drinking the Seahawk kool aid, but I have seen enough of both teams to know SEA has the players to match GB, GB has a good D, but Favre is prone to make mistakes and this is a secondary and lb corps that seems to capitalize on mistakes, plus I love how both these teams have similar passing attacks, and yea I have to agree on the schedule with GB, they caught teams at the right time and I know from watching the Pack-Eagles game early in the season they shouldn't have won that one except Greg Lewis fumbles 2 returns on special teams....this GB offense can be contained if you have a solid secondary, and hopefully Kerney can get some pressure and as long as the LB's are active, I think Seattle can control the tempo, and with offense, they are facing a great D on GB, but like you said if they can spread it out and throw the ball, it should be able to set up the run, hopefully we see a lot of Mo-Mo this week.... I personally think Seattle is the better team here ....Holmgren is a good coach and should have his guys going this week, once again SEA is my play of the week in the playoffs, lets hope they cash bro, and I hope u hit that ML, gl this week bro
        To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
        2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Good luck. Looks like the weather is going to be pretty decent in Green Bay and Foxboro Saturday.
          NBA: 9-15, 31%
          NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
          MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
          NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
          NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
          TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
          PLAYOFFS: 4-1
          NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL:
          SIDES: 102-68, 60%
          BOWLS: 16-13
          TOTALS: 0-0

Favorite teams:
          NCAAF: Purdue
          NCAABB: Purdue
          NFL: Tampa Bay
          NBA: Orlando Magic
          MLB: Cubbies

Comment

GL flmm:thumbs: :thumbs:

Comment

never in it after the first 5 minutes. I didn't believe the pack were for real, I'm convinced. Simply outclassed.

Comment

Out classed in the first five minutes. Too bad the game is sixty minutes. Though one!!

Comment

Originally posted by F-Bomb View Post
                  Out classed in the first five minutes. Too bad the game is sixty minutes. Though one!!
                  yes I said the hawks were outclassed, what was the point of your post?

Comment

no beef thought that was a boast when it was 14-0 my bad

Comment

Working...
                    X