X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor's NFL Title Games: AFC & NFC 1/20

...YTD...96-81-6..Reg Season Overall

...YTD...9-6-1...Playoff Games Overall

The Irony of these 2 Playoff Games is That those 4 Teams Played each Other During Week #2 of the Reg Season on 9/16/07 in which each Game was a Blowout with N Eng Winning at Home over S Dan...38-16...and Green Bay Winning at New York...35-13 by Almost Identical Scores...But That was A Long Time Ago..In a Galaxy Far..Far Away...:sm:

AFC TITLE GAME: 3:00PM CBS

(13-5) San Diego at (17-0) New England

This will be the 4th Time in 5 Seasons that N Eng Plays in the AFC Champ Game and this is the 1st Time Since 13 Years for S Dieg to make it...Last Meeting was Week #2 when N End Beat S Deig..38-14 as a 3 1/2 Home Fav...N Eng had a 24-0 Halftime Lead with S Dieg only had 93 Yards of Offense with Tomilison Held to 43 Rushing Yards (2.4 Ave/C)...For the Game Brady Passed for 279 Yards (81 % Comp) with 3 TDs/1 INT with 123 QB Rating..while QB Rivers was 19/30 (63 % Comp) with Only 179 Yards and 2 TDs/2 INTs..Both Teams Played 3 Common Foes (Indy..Jack..Balt)...S Deig Went 3-1 SU and ATS..N Eng went 3-0 SU But 0-3 ATS...S Dieg is 5-4 SU and ATS on the Road and N Eng is 17-0 Matching the 1972 Miami Team which gives them a 9-0 SU and 5-4 ATS at Home and Has the #1 Overall Offense and #4 Overall Defense..(Hard to Beat a Team with a Top 5 Offense and Defense in the NFL 32 Teams)...S Dieg Finished the Seson with #20 Offense..After a Slow Start..and the 14 Overall Denfense...This Season was a Season Of Records..N Eng Set the Reg Season Record of being Unbeaten...Most Points Scored..589 Points..(Team with Most Points Scored in 2006 was S Dieg with 492 Pts)..TD Passes Throwing 50 TDs and TD Rec in Season with Moss having 23...Most Likely One of the Best if Not the Best Offense Put Together...QB Brady..RB..Maroney and Faulk..WR Walker,Moss and Stallworth..TE Ben Watson...Lot of Weapoons...S Dieg has QB Rivers..(Bad Knee)..RB Tomilinson (Bad Knee)..FB L Neal (Ankle) and TE Gates (Toe)..Now All of these Weapons are Banged Up But will Play on Sunday with QB Rivers the Worst Off...Bad Place to Be is a QB thst Can Not Move real Well in the Pocket to Escape the Many Different Blitzes fron N Eng...I Really Believe that QB Volek will be Playing QB Before the Game is Over..His Stats in 2007...3/10 for 6 Yrads 0 TDs/1 INTs with QB Rating of 24.1...Very Weak Numbers Unlike the Ones He had at Tenny...N Eng will Make the QB Position Beat Them Taking Away Running Game and Gates..IMO...S Dieg is 43-20-2 ATS Last 65 Games Overall...N Eng Games went UNDER at 9-2-1 in Last 12 Playoff Home Games...N Eng went OVER in 16-6-1 in N Eng Last 23 Games Overall and 8-3-1 in Last 12 Games on Field Turf...S Dieg has Won and Covered the Last 8 Straight Games in Row SU and ATS...(But Only Indy and Tenny had Winning Records)...Head to Head:N Eng has Won SU and ATS 2 Straight and 6 of Last 8 Between Them....Weather: 23 Degrees at Kickoff that will Feel like 10-11 Degrees with Wind Chill with Winds at 5-7 MPH with Some Gusts up to 15 MPH Partly Cloudy to Clear with Little Chance of Precip...STATS: S Dieg is Ave Scoring 25.4/Points/Game and Defense is Only Allowing 17.4 Poits/Game But N Eng Offense is Scoring a League High 36.5 Points/Game and Defense is Only Allowing 17.3 Points/Game...N Eng is All Most Scoring 3 TDs more than they Allow...That Stat is Just UNREAL...Each Team Bettered themself with S Dieg Picking Up WR Chambers from Miami and N Eng Picking up Walker and Moss at WR were Walker had Over 100 Rec in 2007...S Dieg Must have an Effective Running Game Since Rivers and Most of S Dieg are Not Use to Playing in Cold Weather...S Dieg Corner Cromartie who Lead NFL with 10 INTs Must have a Big Game vs Moss...N Eng is Known for Using the Small Passing Game as a Running Game But RB Maroney Last Week Vs Jacksonville had 122 Yards on 22 Carries Ave 5.5 per Carry (1st RB for N Eng Since 2004 to Rush for Over 100 Yards in Playoffs)..All Ready Talked About Brady Hot Passing Last Week..26/28 at 93 % Comp with Walker and Moss Dropping the 2 Passes and 1st Incomp was in the 3rd Q...Brady TD Pass to Watson was #13th Straight Playoff Game with TD Pass Tied for 2nd in History...Leader is Favre which has 17 Playoff TD Passes in a Row...Here is What I See...S Dieg is a Walking M*A*S*H* Unit after the Indy Game and Making Back to Back Trips East and N Eng is Primed for this Game and S Dieg is Hurting But a Bigger Roles for Turner and Sproles will get More Attempts in the Game with LT Banged Up and the Total Score stays Under the Number with S Dieg Having to Run the Ball to Keep Brady on the Sideline and S Dieg Defense Must Step it Up...With All Things it Could very Well be a N Eng Blowout But I Think S Dieg will have some Fight in Them and Keep the Side Around 10 Points Win for N Eng...So..

Pic: San Diego +14

Pic: San Diego/New England...Under 47 1/2

NFC TITLE GAME: 6:30PM FOX

(12-6) N Y Giants at (14-3) Green Bay

The NY G are the Cinderalla Team of the 2007 Season Playoffs...Have Back to Back Road Wins in Playoffs to Add to the Last 7 Road Wins to have the Longest Road Winning Steak and are the 1st NFL Team to Win 9 Road Games in a Row in a Season after a Road Loss to Start the Year to Dallas..45-35...But got Playback on Dallas Last Week in a 20-17 Win at their House to Get to Play G Bay at the "Frozen Tundra"...NY G will be Making thier 1st NFC Champ Game since 2000 and this will be 1st Trip for G Bay for 10 Years...G Bay is 8-1 SU and 7-1-1 ATS at Home this Season and NY G are 9-1 SU and 8-2 ATS on the Road this Season and have been Road Warriors...NY G have Really been keep in Games by their Defense and thier Top Pass Rushing Front Line Lead by DEs..Umenyioa..Strahan and Tuck...Going up Against the 2nd Best Offense in NFL (After N England)...Favre has has 10 Games (10-0 SU) with a QB Rating of 100 Plus this Season..(9-0 SU in Post Season) and has Let the Game come to Him by Not Forcing the Ball like Last Week when G bay fell Behind 14-0 Early in the Game but Remained Calm and did Not Force any Balls down the Field...G Bay Needed a Running Game and Picked Up RB Ryan Grant from All Places NY G and when Wynn went Down..Grant Took Over and Rushed for 1157 Yards in 8 Games and Ave 5.1 Yards/Carry...which was 5 100 Yard Rushing and 200 in Season Finale...then Had 201 Yards Rushing Vs Seattle (Ranked #12th vs Run) after 2 Fumbles Early in Game Lead to Seattle 1st 14 Points...NY G have Won all These Road Games BUT they have Played on the Road in 6 of the Last 8 Games and that has to Wear on Any Team...NY G UNDER is 8-1 in Last 9 Road Games...G Bay is 7-1 ATS in thier Last 8 Games as Favorite..G Bay played OVER 13-3 in Last 16 Games Overall and G Bay is 11-3-1 ATS Last 15 Games on Grass....NY G have Played with alot of Heart but Now Eli Manning must go to a New Setting for Playoofs...WEATHER: Overcast at 4 Degrees that Feels Like (-)9 to (-12) with Wind Chill...with 10-20 % Chance of Precip....Not Sunny Mississippi....STATS TEAM: NY G Offense is Scoring 23.2 Points/Game while Defense Allows 21.2....G Bay Offense is Scoring 28.1 Points/Game and Thier Defense is Only Allowing 18.3 Points/Game...Take Vet QB like Favre and ADD Solid Running Game to Go ith Passing Game with a Young Hard Hitting Defense and G Bay had a Year to Remember....Compare QB...Manning..3684 Yards..27TDS/20 INTS with Lower QB Rating of 77.9 while Favre has 4330 Yards...31 TDs/15 INTs with 97.6 QB Rating...Add to that the Unfriendly Confines of G Bay Home Field Advantage..13-2 All Time in Playoff Games at Lambeau Field and Add 11 Years Since Favre has Made a Super Bowl..After 2006 Season and Only 2nd Time Favre will PlayNFC Title Game at Lambeau...But with a NY G Win that would Set Another NFL Mark with 10 Road Games....In the 1st Meeting Ryan Grant did not Play and NY G had him on Practice Squad for 2 Years...But NY G Weakness is thier Depleted Secondary and Must Rely on the Front D-Line and NY G Finished with League High 53 Sacks to Help the DBs Out...NY G Running Backs are Big Brusing Runner Jacobs Gain Over 1000 Yards and Up and Coming Ahmad Bradshaw..(Wild to Watch Him on TV Since I have seen him Play Way Back to Pee Wee Football Up Thru High School and Would Come in my Score at Bluefield..Just Strange)..has Played Well on Special Teams and 3rd Down Back....Here is What I See...G Bay has Won 10 of Thier Last 12 Games...But the One Thing about NY G Winning Road Strength of Teams Played did Not have Great Records..I See More Scoring than Most Think and NY G will have Problems with Cold and Crowd of G Bay...Big Problem is with G Bay 1 Game Away from Super Bowl It will be Rocking at Field Even if it was 20 Below..and See G bay Winning this Game by 10-14 Points in a Mid 40's Total Scoring Game...So...

Pic: Green Bay -7

Pic: New York/Green Bay....Over 40 1/2

Football Time..!!

Good Luck to Everyone..Hammer em..!!

**Note: If I Spelled Something Wrong...Sorry...To Tired to Go Back Over...BOL to All..:sm:
    Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Great fckn writeups, Thor! I get more from those than crunchin' numbers anywhere else! I appreciate all the hard work you do for us lazy folks! LOL!

GL tomorrow bro! I hope you win them all! :thumbs:
    White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

Thanks....Rothko...Hope ya have a Great Day/Nite of Football for the Title Games...Thanks for Words on Writeups...Takes Me awhile for 2 Finger Typer..Slow Typing..LOL...BOL to ya..!!

BOL to All Here and on the Net...Really Like New England and the Over was in my Thoughts Early in the Week But S Dieg Must Keep Ball in a Ball Control Game to Have an Chance..Not a Scoring Match up Points for Points ..Running Ball..to Keep Brady and Company Off the Field..Thus I'm on the Under since I See Game in Low to Mid 40's...IMO and Really Think with All the Talk about G Bay being Cold People Think Under...But See G Bay Scoring 27-31 Points and NY G Scoring 14-17 Points in that Late Game...Really See G Bay Wearing a NY G Team Down after the Last 6 of 8 Games on Road and the Home Field Crowd is a Big Advantage..(Have to Yell and Stomp Around to Keep Warm)...Plus G Bay Players and Coaches will Gameplan with Balance of Running/Passing to Send Farve Off to the Super Bowl for Staying with his Team..:sm:

Football Time..!!

Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Comment

...3-1 Day/Nite...Congrats$$ to All on San Diego and the Under.....And NY Giants and the Over...Congrats$$....ONE More Game...BOL to All..!!

Tough Break to All Green Bay Fans on the Ending...Have to Watch 3 FGs with Hopes and Wishes to Miss 3 in ROW....G Bay Never got the Running Game Going Early..??..I Really Think They gave Up to Soon on It..??..BOL to All in the Big Game

...YTD...96-81-6..Reg Season Overall
        ...YTD...12-7-1..Playoff Games Overall

Football Time..!!

Comment

Working...
        X