JML Super Bowl >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Super Bowl >>>

Might as well post this, as I got it last Sunday...

Giants +14 -123 - 6 Units

Giants ML +430 - 1 Unit

Brandon Jacobs rushing yards OVER 60.5 -137 - 2 Units

GL :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-03-2008, 06:07 PM. Reason: all plays in one post...

"Toronto Bills" deal is done. 8 games are to be played in Toronto over the next 5 years. Bills trying to expand their revenue base with Buffalo having a population of about a million, and Toronto having around 5 million in the Greater Metro area. Rumour is that this is just the first step to see how the NFL is accepted in this market, and after the 5 years is up, the team is to move here permenantly.

They sure are gouging the Canadian market though...word it the tickets next year will be on a lottery system and the average face value will be $250 per ticket, with a mandatory 8 ticket buy. Yikes. Buffalo usually has the lowest average ticket price in the NFL coming in at $57.00. LMAO.

:beerbang:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-02-2008, 12:04 PM.

Comment

As for the game...Waiting to put in a Giants ML play....the public usually makes their SB bets on the weekend, and I think alot of Pats money comes in....that's what most of the Vegas books are thinking I have read....so I'd love to get +475 or better with some decent movement. We'll see.

I think the Giants run all over the Pats and that suspect run-defence, with Jacobs and Bradshaw, and the Giants D-line is able to get pressure on Brady, helping out their secondary. As long as Eli keeps playing steady, I see this a close game, with NY having a decent chance to win outright! NE one of the most over-rated teams in recent memory because of this "unbeaten" tag, but the were very average coming home, and should really only be favoured by a TD, IMO.

Realistically I think the Pats win their 4th straight SB by a FG in a close one, but still think the Giants have a chance with some luck and a key turnover or mistake.

:beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        "Toronto Bills" deal is done. 8 games are to be played in Toronto over the next 5 years. Bills trying to expand their revenue base with Buffalo having a population of about a million, and Toronto having around 5 million in the Greater Metro area. Rumour is that this is just the first step to see how the NFL is accepted in this market, and after the 5 years is up, the team is to move here permenantly.

They sure are gouging the Canadian market though...word it the tickets next year will be on a lottery system and the average face value will be $250 per ticket, with a mandatory 8 ticket buy. Yikes. Buffalo usually has the lowest average ticket price in the NFL coming in at $57.00. LMAO.

looks like argo season ticket holders have the first shot at them, then the bills season ticket holders.. prolly none left after that with the lower capacity stadium... get your hands on the 1 for this year if you can.. scalp & double your money easy.. :thumbs:

the average in buffalo is $46.00, I am sure wilson would be happy to take in face value without turning the lights on... I am sure most of the markup is for Canada..

btw if the old bird dont make it another 5 years, it looks like there will be 8 games per year in toronto..
        Last edited by homedawg; 02-02-2008, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Yeah...Argos and Hamilton Tigercats season ticket holders get first dibs, so you're right...there won't be many left over. Funny this is, even with the smaller 60,000 seat stadium, they will still be making alot more at the gate with them charging 5 times the face value that they do in Buffalo. All my friends and I will definitely be trying to get some....then if one of us hits the lottery, you have to fill out the 7 extras (mandatory 8 ticket buy).

Everybody on the inside pretty much agrees they will be in Toronto permenantely in 5 years....yeah. I don't see how it doesn't happen. Money is what the NFL lives for, and there is ALOT more money to be made in Toronto than Buffalo. The good thing for Buffalo fans, is it is only 2 hours away, so they can still attend games...

Hopefully this won't kill the CFL in Southern Ontario over the next 10 years...
          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-02-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I was suprised at the amount of canadians that show up at the bills games now (10,000-15,000) .. Nice... :thumbs: It would be nice to see rogers get that team...

Comment

Hopefully this won't kill the CFL in Southern Ontario over the next 10 years...
              dont think that would happen, but it prolly wouldn't hurt for the cfl to adapt to the nfl game, and expand the nfl in canada.

Comment

Trivia question for ya:

what is the argos record vs the nfl?

btw, its before your time!

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                  Trivia question for ya:

what is the argos record vs the nfl?

btw, its before your time!

LOL...I don't know...but yeah, I knew they used to have exibition games way back when. Also...how times are changed...the CFL and the NFL used to compete for US college players, and plenty used to choose the CFL because they were offered MORE money. lmao. I know that happened with my Dad's favourite player George Reed. Saskatchewan offered more money than the Chiefs I believe it was....lol..

And the CFL would never adapt to the NFL game...that is ONE reason most CFL fans enjoy the game...especially in Western Canada and Quebec...because it is different and more wide open than the NFL. Changing it at all, essentially ruingin the history would be a death sentance. The average CFL game routinely has 30-40% higher ratings than the NFL product.

And yeah...the Bills have always had a big Ontario following....15,000 per game is the number I heard too....and yes, it would be Rogers that would be the guy to get them....guys a cable billionaire...
                  Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-02-2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I always thought the CFL was for the NFL's degenerates.. :beer2:

who knows what could happen, but if I was an owner of a CFL team, I'd start lookin' into it, especially if the bills end up in toronto...

Aug. 12, 1950 Ottawa----- N.Y. Giants 20, Ottawa Rough Riders (CFL) 6
                    Aug. 11, 1951 Ottawa---- N.Y. Giants 41, Ottawa Rough Riders (CFL) 18
                    Aug. 5, 1959 Toronto---- Chicago Cardinals 55, Toronto Argonauts (CFL) 26
                    Aug. 3, 1960 Toronto---- Pittsburgh Steelers 43, Toronto Argonauts (CFL) 16
                    Aug. 2, 1961 Toronto---- St. Louis Cardinals 36, Toronto Argonauts (CFL) 7
                    Aug. 5, 1961 Montreal---- Chicago Bears 34, Montreal Alouettes (CFL) 16
                    Aug. 8, 1961 Hamilton---- Hamilton Tiger-Cats (CFL) 38, Buffalo Bills 21

It's weird that they stop playin', after the CFL wins a game???

BTW, GL with your SB42 bets... the game is as old as me... :drunk:

Comment

And yeah...the Bills have always had a big Ontario following....15,000 per game is the number I heard too....and yes, it would be Rogers that would be the guy to get them....guys a cable billionaire...
                      he's only worth $1.7bil... but he has his hands on alot and partners to back him up.:thumbs:

Rogers Communications Inc.
                      Corporate Directors: Ronald Besse · Charles Birchall · H. Garfield Emerson · Peter Godsoe · Thomas Hull · Philip Lind · Nadir Mohamed · David Peterson · Ted Rogers · Edward Rogers III · Loretta Rogers · Melinda Rogers · William Schleyer · John A. Tory · J. Christopher Wansbrough · Colin Watson
                      Magazines: Canadian Business · Chatelaine (English) · Châtelaine (French) · Flare · glow · L'actualité · LOU LOU · Maclean's · Marketing · MoneySense · Ontario Out of Doors · Profit · Today's Parent
                      Cable Television/Specialty Channels: The Biography Channel · CPAC · G4techTV Canada · OLN1 · Rogers Sportsnet · Rogers Television3 · Télévision Rogers3 · TVtropolis · The Shopping Channel · Viewers Choice
                      Conventional Television stations: OMNI Television: CFMT · CHXC · CHXE · CIIT4 · CJMT · Citytv: CITY · CHMI · CKAL · CKEM · CKVU · Independent: CHNU4
                      Other assets: Dome Productions · Fido · Jack FM (most Canadian stations) · Rogers Cable · Rogers Building · Rogers Centre · CFMT Building · 35 Dundas Street East · Rogers Park · Rogers Yahoo! Hi-Speed Internet · Rogers Telecom · Rogers Media · Rogers Plus · Rogers Wireless · Spring Fishing Show · Toronto Blue Jays
                      Radio stations: CFAC · CFFR · CFRV · CFSR · CFTR · CHEZ · CHFI · CHFM · CHMN · CHNI · CHTT · CHUR · CHYM · CICX2 · CIGM · CIOC · CISQ · CISS · CISW · CITI · CIWW · CJAQ · CJCL · CJET · CJMX · CJNI · CJQM · CJQQ · CJRQ · CJRX · CKAT · CKBY · CKCL · CKER · CKFX · CKGB · CKGL · CKIS · CKLG · CKNI · CKQC · CKSR · CKWX · CKY

Comment

JML- GL!...congrats on a monster season once again....:thumbs:
                        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Gl Jml!

GL to ya JML!! :beerbang:
                          From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Gl JML
                            NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Thanks guys.....enjoy!

Giants ML +430 - 1 Unit
                              Patriots could possibly be the most over-rated team in history....mainly because of their perfect record, and early season success with the passing game. But they should have lost against Baltimore and Philly, but won with the refs help. The banged up Chargers outplayed them last game. They do not cover lines (2 of last 10). They do not blow out people. That is the biggest mis-conception in the NFL. They were conservative the second half of the year. And there's no game that the Pats play more conservative than the SuperBowl (3 wins by only a FG). This will be a close game....and although I think the Giants hang around this game all day....they most likely lose....I think the Pats win a close one in the 4th....but I gotta lay a unit on the ML, because the Giants will be there with a chance in the end. A good bounce, and it could be a Giant win. Thats my opinion.

Giants are actually the hotter team, IMO...and I believe they know the can win this game...the way to beat the Pats is a good running game, and getting pressure on Brady....and nobody does that better than the Giants.

GL everyone, and whoever you are on...enjoy the game. I got a few racks of ribs braising in the oven right now....And beers are in the snowbank on my deck. lol. Sweet.

Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-03-2008, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X