Question for the forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the forum

Could someone please justify to me how the public is all over NYG?

Just now, I scrolled down the page and I counted the first 28 side plays I saw posted.

NE Patriots - whatever number = 21 plays
    NY Giants + whatever number = 7 plays

That's 75% on the Patriots from where I stand :dunno:

I realize some of these plays are from guys who are, like myself, often anti-public, but come on now, this whole board is not public faders....

I like NYG, but the problem I have is that at NYG +11.5 and NYG ML +370, I'm getting crappy numbers, so I'm undecided weather I will be betting the game or not.

SIA is down to NYG ML +310 (NE ML -400). Talk about begging for Patriots money on the ML....

Early money came in on Giants....late money is coming in on the Pats.
    Who bets early. Who bets game day?

Comment

not from the forum, but almost everyone i have talked to friends and acquaintences all think the giants are going to win! i dont know anyone besides this forum that is picking the pats with the spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
        not from the forum, but almost everyone i have talked to friends and acquaintences all think the giants are going to win!
        Really?
        I haven't met or talked to one person who thinks the Giants will win outright!

Comment

I know, and that's what I said would happen 2 Sundays ago....

If there was sharp/syndicate money coming in on NE, the line would never stay at -11.5 either.

I'm still searching for a reason to lay those points with NE today against what i believe is a red hot and confident NYG team coming into this one. Beacuse they blew out the Bills, Jets and Dolphins a bunch of times isn't getting it done for me.

The fact that they covered this number exactly one two times against a decent team this year (PIT and DAL), and failed to do so against some really ******* bad ones makes me really wonder though.

In all honesty, this super bowl reminds me of the one where NE played the Rams. The Patriots were getting +14.5, and were supposed to have exactly no chance of even covering, let alone winning outright against "the greatest show on turf".

Funny how the shoe changes feet, isn't it? With the Pats the big offensive machine now, facing the NYG who really are being given no chance to win the game outright....

Comment

also, the biggest square i know is on nyg. that alone makes me not want to be on them.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              Really?
              I haven't met or talked to one person who thinks the Giants will win outright!
              Me neither. I asked a bunch of the guys in my bowling league and they all thought I was insane when I said I think the NYG have a chance.

I heard some guys talking in line at Target yesterday. The one guy said something about hoping the Giants win, and the rest collectively told him it would be about 48-10 NE...

Freakin ESPN and every other media outlet has basically alreaded penciled NE in for a perfect 19-0 season and Brady in for super bowl MVP.

I'm not sure why they're even playing the game, or who all these people pounding NYG are, lol

Comment

Right about now I wish I had an SIA account!

I don't know if it's because I live in Buffalo, where everyone hates the Pats, but almost everyone I talk to thinks the Giants keep it close. I gave a couple guys 2 to 1 odds on their money at work & they ate it up.

From a betting point of view, doesn't it look much easier to grab all of those points, especially when the Pats have screwed averyone ats lately? Personally, I didn't even play a side ats, but I do think the Pats are the right side.
                Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

The problem I have with that analysis is that yes, the NEP are screwing everyone ATS, but it's not like they opened this game any lower.

Normally the best time to go with a team who has been awful ATS is when the oddsmakers adjust, which they clearly did not for this game, opening NE at -14 again.

There's good reason NE has been ATS hell since somewhere mid season. They are being asked now to cover lines against better competition than they faced in those games, that are clearly not in their favor, because they hammered a big pile of garbage for the first 8 or 9 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                    Me neither. I asked a bunch of the guys in my bowling league
                    you're not on that one team with donny, walter and "the dude" are you?..........
                    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

everywhere I look, its majority gaints backers... 2 of the biggest touts are on the gaints, along with the majority of the touts that I have seen... big money bet on this game and the books have a 2score spread, which lures in the gaints +the points.. :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                        you're not on that one team with donny, walter and "the dude" are you?..........
                        Thats so funny....my wife and I went bowling with another couple last night, then went back to their place and watched Lebowski....one of my favs...

Comment

Better than being on the "other" team....

8 year olds, Dude.
                          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

FF...3-0 Habs....I wonder how I will end up losing this one! lmao...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post

8 year olds, Dude.

LOL! He's a pederast!

Anyways my analysis is elementary, but for this chance to make history for the Pats (yes, I know G-men will make history too); to let it all far apart now...I'm just saying no and laying points. People at my work also love the points and think its gonna be a field goal game:dunno:

We'll see...
                              Last edited by SRN1985; 02-03-2008, 03:31 PM.
                              "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

Working...
                              X