18 and No (super bowl)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 and No (super bowl)

So Eli wins a SB in 1/2 the time it takes Peyton. I wonder how quickly people will forget this and say Eli is no Peyton.

Billicheat gets caught cheating against NY Jets in Week 1 and in Week 20 he loses to NY Giants

Coughlin Plays Miami in England (seems like 3 years ago now) and Wins, and Plays New England in Arizona to save Miami's undefeated record and to stop new England from beating Miami's undefeated record.

Look at this drive (the game changer):
    4-6-NYG45 (15:00) C.Hanson punts 45 yards to end zone, Center-L.Paxton, Touchback.
    New York Giants at 14:52
    1-10-NYG20 (14:52) E.Manning pass deep middle to K.Boss to NE 35 for 45 yards (R.Harrison). (ROOKIE)
    1-10-NE35 (14:02) A.Bradshaw right guard to NE 31 for 4 yards (T.Bruschi). (ROOKIE)
    2-6-NE31 (13:16) A.Bradshaw left guard to NE 29 for 2 yards (R.Seymour, T.Bruschi). (ROOKIE)
    3-4-NE29 (12:34) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to S.Smith to NE 12 for 17 yards (B.Meriweather). (ROOKIE)
    1-10-NE12 (11:54) (Shotgun) A.Bradshaw up the middle to NE 5 for 7 yards (R.Harrison, J.Sanders). (ROOKIE)
    2-3-NE5 (11:10) E.Manning pass short middle to D.Tyree for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
    L.Tynes extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Alford, Holder-J.Feagles.

Tyree is not a rookie, but damn, lookin' at that Drive with all Rookies makin' plays when it mattered, NY GIants look good for years to come.

This was an odd year. Really odd year.

Kinda feel wierd (not bad) about NE not capping the season off with 19-0.

See ya'll in NBA, NHL and MLB (and next week for the pointless All Star Pro Bowl Game)

Horfin
    a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
    Sides: +17.4 units
    Totals: +0 units
    In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
    Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
    Kinda feel wierd (not bad) about NE not capping the season off with 19-0.

Feel the exact same way
    "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

Tyree is not a rookie, but damn, lookin' at that Drive with all Rookies makin' plays when it mattered, NY GIants look good for years to come.
      David Tyree from Syracuse!!!!!

Comment

dont kid yourself new england will be right back in this game next year........especially after they kick the nuts in of the afc east
        ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
          dont kid yourself new england will be right back in this game next year........especially after they kick the nuts in of the afc east
          what if moss leaves? bruschi and seau retire? samuel leaves via free agency? need i go one? i like asking questions? haha???

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
            yeah exactly....6 free wins every year. NEP were a product of 19 ESPN networks and 13,208 ex NFL'ers employed there jamming the Pats down everyone's throat. As Stif said, they were exposed in like week10 and it was only a matter of time before somebody got them. They were a very good football team, but they weren't unbeatable like DJ "compton" stewwy scott and his merry band of mumbling wanna be gangstas made them out to be (tell me steve young isn't glad the season is over). Tough not to think they will be back with all that talent on offense.....

BUT....they have some Q's on defense as Assanti Samuel is a free agent, Seau and Harrison aren't getting any younger either.
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

moss aint leaving...........samuel i doubt does either seau is a bum go home.....and harrison has a few cheap shots left in him :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Eli is no Peyton stats wise.. I still dislike him, but the Giants had a good run and got hot at the right time...

Pats will be back in this spot next year.
                Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

if the Super Bowl Jinx is any indication from last half decade or so, something tells me Pats will be back in playoffs (how far remains to be seen)

but Giants may not make it next year to playoffs. just my feeling. All the credit goes to them, got hot at the right time, but a ton of luck (just ball bouncing the right way) helped them out, it should run out next year.

1) they struggle to win at home, though this matters little, they tore through the playoffs on the road as evidenced

2) this game alone, their D played AWESOME. their O did enough to point the gun right at their own foot, but luckily everytime they pulled the trigger, it missed their toes. I mean look at how many fumbles went their way, (ones they shoulda lost), and how when the Pats were ready to pounce or capitalize on a turnover, their D (spectacular) stepped up!

Their talent is there, and young, but I am basing my prediction for a playoff whiff in 2009 only on the Super Bowl hangover trend over last decade or so.
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Now we got to listen to dem got dam 72 dolphins again. And that fkn Mercury Morris. Son;t get me wrong, I like the guy. But when you get 20 years for a drug conviction, SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY. Act like you got some class
                    If its fun, do it

Comment

One thing I'd like to point out about the Manning Bros comparison, is that NYG clearly won this game with DEFENSE, something Indy NEVER had up until the year they won it too. While Eli got it done when it mattered, I have to believe Peyton would have a few super bowl rings by now if he had a defense that played in the big games like the NYG defense played last night.

Not knocking Eli, cause I thought he did great last night, but it's just not a fair comparison when you look back at how pathetic the Colts defense was prior to last year in the playoffs when they stepped it up, and how Peyton had to try and win every game by scoring 40 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                        One thing I'd like to point out about the Manning Bros comparison, is that NYG clearly won this game with DEFENSE, something Indy NEVER had up until the year they won it too. While Eli got it done when it mattered, I have to believe Peyton would have a few super bowl rings by now if he had a defense that played in the big games like the NYG defense played last night.

Not knocking Eli, cause I thought he did great last night, but it's just not a fair comparison when you look back at how pathetic the Colts defense was prior to last year in the playoffs when they stepped it up, and how Peyton had to try and win every game by scoring 40 points.
                        I agree with this. I am just loving this season:

Every ESPN analyist: Favre sucks he is too old: 13-3 and get to NFC Champ

Every ESPN analyist: Eli will never be as good as his brother and is mediocre at best: Super Bowl Champ

Every ESPN analyist: New England, Brady and Moss are so good we will blow them all season long and make all ESPN veiewers think they should blow them too and enjoy it. Super Bowl Loser

Cracks me up how the worldwide leader in sports doesn't know what the fck it is talking about.

I am glad for Eli, I couldn't imagine the pressure of being in NY with all that Media and EVERY time you turn on the TV or the Radio you hear "He'll never be as good as his brother." It may be true, but he got his SB in 1/2 the time of his brother.

I'll tell everyone this: The better team won last night. It wasn't like the game was handed to NY or they got lucky. They outplayed NE on just about every drive EXCEPT for the drive that ended with Moss' TD. NYG outplayed NE for 3+ quarters and deserved it. They probably aren't the best team in the NFL, but they were the best team on Feb 3...when it mattered most.

Horfin
                        a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
                        Sides: +17.4 units
                        Totals: +0 units
                        In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
                        Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Every ESPN analyist: Eli will never be as good as his brother and is mediocre at best: Super Bowl Champ

I am glad for Eli, I couldn't imagine the pressure of being in NY with all that Media and EVERY time you turn on the TV or the Radio you hear "He'll never be as good as his brother." It may be true, but he got his SB in 1/2 the time of his brother.

Horfin
                          Couple things from me:

1) He will never be as good as his brother. He won a super bowl, that does not make him a great QB. Trent Dilfer has a ring, I don't see anyone clamoring to get him in to Canton. He is average at best.

2) He made his bed, I find it hard to feel bad for him. After the ******* debacle that was draft day that year with Eli demanding to be traded to NY, I wish they would put 24/7 cameras on him and scrutinize his every move. He knew what he was getting in to, so I laugh every time he blames the weather. Did he think the Giants would relocate to ******* Miami?

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                            Couple things from me:

1) He will never be as good as his brother. He won a super bowl, that does not make him a great QB. Trent Dilfer has a ring, I don't see anyone clamoring to get him in to Canton. He is average at best.

2) He made his bed, I find it hard to feel bad for him. After the ******* debacle that was draft day that year with Eli demanding to be traded to NY, I wish they would put 24/7 cameras on him and scrutinize his every move. He knew what he was getting in to, so I laugh every time he blames the weather. Did he think the Giants would relocate to ******* Miami?
                            agree 100% and if only you could have saved me from HD last week :bang: :bang:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                            NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                            MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                            CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Working...
                            X