March Random NFL Chat: Big Ben's Contract & Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Random NFL Chat: Big Ben's Contract & Draft

Wow, I just went over my post of SB odds last season, and boy was I laughing at how dumb I was to say there was value in Miami to win the SB :laughing: :laughing: .

Anyways, just wanted to get some chat going. I saw some posts about the Steelers, and people started bashing Big Ben. Well he recently signed that what, $102 million contract or something. Do you guys think he is deserving? That's Manning territory right there.

Now before everyone says hell no. I would like to ask who is? Peyton Manning deservingly gets paid good money for being the best quarterback in the league. If Big Ben doesn't deserve it, who does? Who is good enough get a contract comparable to Manning?

Other thoughts on the draft. Hard to believe that a #1 overall draft pick could come from UVA. That's not a football school at all, but they had a pretty good season. All this Mcfadden talk, cuz he's the only position player that could go high. Crazy talk about Dallas trading up to get Mcfadden? Julius Jones was not all that, and Dallas's running attack was fine. Just pick up a decent back to lighten the Barber load. You don't need to trade to trade to #1 to pick up a RB.

I'm actually glad to see lineman get drafted so high this year. Jonathan Ogden and Orlando Pace are getting old. Those were some very well made high draft picks. With Hutchinson blocking for Peterson this year people actually realize what difference a lineman can actually make. Also, with defenses like I saw this year, teams better ******* do something about it for once.

So what does Miami do with that #1 pick then. I don't understand this drafting Matt Ryan idea. They spent a second round pick on John Beck last year, who I still have faith in to be a great QB coming out of BYU. You let him sit for 8 weeks, then throw him in there to get killed, then immediately give up on him. Just doesn't sound fair.

Does Washington finally get that Chad Johnson deal done? I really want to see the Redskins actually have a legitimate shot to contend this year. It's a shame all this wasted wasted money. The team is always satisfied with just making the playoffs (every now and then), but can this team make a run? Jason Campbell never was a top QB to me, but maybe he'll surprise me one day.

Will this be the year that Arizona does something? Sleeper pick for the past 3-4 years now, but never get anything done in that weak division. They are no longer a sleeper, but just a lot of offense, with no defense, and a running game notorious of picking up great backs past their prime. I am a firm believer that Edgerrin James was a product of the Indy system.

Ok enough rants for now. How many people are checking the NFL forums these days anyways.
    39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
    Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
    Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

Hey bro

glad i found somewhere where someone is also a believer in teh 12 month football season

Ben far from deserving of that contract, not even a top 5 qb in the league. Yes his team won a superbowl, but the defense and the run game (and i guess the pass game, if you count wrs throws) won the sb

Is he a good qb absolutly. Is he top notch game breaking tom brady/peyton manning/Montana kind of qb, absolutely not

He seems like a good guy, respect him for coming back and playing decent after he nearly died, but if there is any 1 qb worth that kind of money its brady or peyton, and im anything but a pats fan

agree with the draft pick as well. Kids a baller, all go all the time

Julius jones was and is a bum. Was a joke he was starting over barber for all that time. All speed no heart minimal vision minimal (being generous) power. Barbers a top 5 rb, jones doesnt even make the top 25. There were teams last year with 2 rbs better then him.

If miami did trade their pick for barber and more it would be the deal of the decade. Mcfadden un proven semi injury prone hasnt even steped foot on an nfl training camp field, never trade for hype. Just look at ricky williams. I think mc will do great, but when you have an A grade back you dont trade him for a prospect a grade back.

See mia going d, they need a **** ton of help on both sides of the ball but d is worse. Traylors gone thomas gone and a bunch of other players as well. Personaly dont see Ryan being anwywhere near a lock to be a franchise qb. Personaly dont even think he should be a top 10 pick. Parcells has a history of not drafting a qb, just bledsoe and he was highly touted. Infact he has a history of playing veterans over youth, didnt want to put in romo brought bledsoe from buf. Think they go with UVAs but only if they can trade down.

My gfs out front called me twice to get out of the house and into her car, love football but i love geting ass more, interesting insight you got. Peace

Comment

Just heard on ESPN about this new proposed rule, which is absolutely absurd.

There will be no such thing as push outs. If the receiver does not get both feet in bounds, it is not complete.

I can picture the situation if this thing was somehow able to pass. Wide Receivers getting leveled out of bounds, which would really question what "unncessary roughness" would be. "Hey, I was just trying to knock him out of bounds......." "from 5 feet in bounds?". What kind of a moron would come up with that plan? If it passed, wide receiver's would bn in high demand, as likely many of them would be leveled on their way out of bounds. Injuries galore.

Deferring coin toss decision to second half? That's pretty dumb, but it wouldn't hurt anything, so it could pass.

Comment

like the force out rule

hate that it was an opinionated call that could not be reviewed, saw it get f*cked up too many times to respect its purpose

If you go up for a ball on the sideline imo it should be no different then going up for a ball in the middle, if you want to make the catch your going to get hit

Always hated seeing dbs throw their hands up and avoid all contact in hope the player would land ob, its a contact game let them hit and reward agressive play.

Not much of a fan of the coin toss, hate them messing with the game.

Also 15 yards for any facemask is ridiculous. They are going to happen incidently and that should not have the potential to impact the result of the game.

Comment

It's hard to believe that these new rules actually passed. Well once the NFL has one season to see how ****ed up they've made things, they'll repeal these new rules.

Similar to that idiotic "clock will run after change of possession" rule in college that lasted all of 1 season?

Seriously, who the **** comes up with this bull****. and how the hell does it get passed

Comment

ncaa clock rule and force out are completely differant

no force out in college either, there is no way that rule is going anywhere. Makes the game better

Coaches like the coin toss too much for it to go anywhere

Both stick around for the longhall

Comment

i was under the impression the face mask rule would work differently. Where nothing would be called if the old incidental face mask occured, but if they grabbed the face mask and pulled and didnt let go it would be 15 yards, not 15 yards for touching any face mask.

Comment

I agree Daws, the face mask rule was perfect the way it was. Football is a violent game, therefore just grabbing but not twisting should warrant a small, yet noticeable penalty. Twisting is where the player has potential to get hurt, so 15 is warranted there.

I still agree with this forceout rule, but we'll see what happens with it this season.

Comment

Working...
                X