Steelers got screwed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers got screwed

I'll refrain from acting like a Seahawks fan and crying endlessly about the lack of a holding call, but it is interesting that they admitted to screwing up the call, and subsequently screwing the Steelers:

NFL Spring Meetings Notebook: Radio helmets for defense gets OK, too

Every teams fans can pull similar arguments from numerous games

Imo the steelers screwed themselves not negotiating right with fanaca and signing ben to a ridiculous contract

Comment

WHAT THE **** EVER, TRY BEING A LIONS FAN:bang: :bang: :bang:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bills Hooligan View Post
          Every teams fans can pull similar arguments from numerous games

Imo the steelers screwed themselves not negotiating right with fanaca and signing ben to a ridiculous contract
          Faneca has seen better days. His play declined drastically this past year. He is getting paid for things he did earlier in his career that he can no longer do. He was overpaid grossly by Arizona, and I'm glad the Steelers didn't re-sign him.

Comment

I dont know how Arizona overpiad him since he went to the jets, but yes he was dumb overpaid

But no one overpaid more for anyone (other then possibly the raiders) then the steelers did for ben

And its easy to see why he wouldnt have played as well last year when he knew the team he had been loyal too were talking about home town discounts and refusing to respect what he did for them. Best thing he could do was the smart thing, stay healthy, and thats what he did.

Comment

I dont know how Arizona overpiad him since he went to the jets, but yes he was dumb overpaid

But no one overpaid more for anyone (other then possibly the raiders) then the steelers did for ben

And its easy to see why he wouldnt have played as well last year when he knew the team he had been loyal too were talking about home town discounts and refusing to respect what he did for them. Best thing he could do was the smart thing, stay healthy, and thats what he did.

When did top 3 QBs become cheap :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                When did top 3 QBs become cheap :dunno:
                When did Ben become a top 3 qb? :dunno:

I couldnt care less about his qb rating, the all day run game is the reason all those passes are open.

Peyton/brady 1/2 in arguably either order

Palmer/Brees/Romo/Anderson all qbs id take easily before him, could even throw eli in there

Your defense to this likely passer rating/td passes, there isnt a player i just mentioned who didnt have at least 111 more pass attempts. Nor do any of them constantly play against a stacked box b/c they dont all heavily rely on the run. Hell, anderson brees and palmer didnt even have run games.

Great run game and an o line opens up everything for him, even more so in the redzone

Lets not forget, your schedule was cake.
                Cle & Cinci both have no D, u played them 2 times
                Jets, Bills, SF, Balt2x, Mia, Stl

u played the teams drafting 1, 2, 6, 7(traded), 8 2x, 9
                Defensive rankings 31, 30 2x, 27 2x, 25, 23, 22

Is he a top 10 qb, absolutly. But hes not amongst the elite yet.

Comment

Bills,

I have to strongly disagree that I would take Romo before Ben. You can say I am biased because I like the eagles, thats fine, but the point is Romo lacks a lot of the things great quarterbacks made their careers off of. He continually forces passes and from my perspective makes bad decisions and misses open receivers.

And it is kind of hard to argue against Big Ben, who else won a superbowl that young? If you win a superbowl you are going to be rewarded. Now it will probably be hard for pitt to bring many more stars into pittsburgh with the lack of funds, but maybe Ben would be willing to renegotiate down the line kind of like peyton did to allow wayne and harrison to stay.

Steelers are one of whats left of the loyal organizations and I like that about them. Too many times players go unnoticed and get used and abused by the organizations and its good to see somebody getting rewarded for what they brought back to the team and the city.

Comment

Yea, its very much an opinionated topic

Know who else used to force passes and scramble to make plays, Favre

Kids got a great arm, hes quick on his feet, mobile and can deal with the media. There isnt a qb in the league who doesnt miss wrs. Bens got an arm but doesnt have romos ability to prolong the play.

His defense and the officials won the superbowl, ben was on the team but not in a leadership role the way the vast majority of qbs who do win SBs are.

If the bears won the SB vs the colts would you say Rex deserved that kind of contract just because hes young and the team wont the SB? I wouldnt, kids horrible

I would also hardly call the steelers loyal the way they dealt with faneca, talking about how he should give them a home town discount. Ridiculous.

Im a bills fan, after all those sbs ill gladly bash him if i thought he was no good. But gota give props where props are due.

Comment

yea itspretty debatable i'd say. Faneca was the punk who claimed he wasn't going to play for the steelers after this year so why would they be loyal?

And I'll start giving Romo some credit when he wins his team a playoff game. 0-2

Comment

He said he wouldnt play for them after they offered him a joke of a contract. It was the smart thing to do business wise b/c if he was traded he would have got his contract right away. If he gets hurt under their franchise tag and his careers over then he doesnt have any guarenteed money for a long term.

Fair enough on the playoff game, but plenty of great players dont even make it to the playoffs their first two years. As much as it hurts me to say so, hes bound to gather up more then a few playoff wins in his career if he stays healthy.

bye the way, who you guys starting at qb next year?

Dmac is nothing without his mobility, so if that didnt improve from last season hes no help. First game i saw of theirs last year vs giants that was apparent. Guys trying to scramble out of the pocket moving about as quick as a center. Needs to get his speed back or needs to learn how to play qb all over again as a pocket passer.

Kolb hasnt played, feely hasnt got it done and a couple years ago you let the best qb on your team, Garcia, walk to avoid qb contraversy talk. imo there was no contraversy, garcia would have started. energized the team and they played better when he was in. (bye the way, serious question, not trying to sound like an ass, just incase it may have appeared that way, fan of dmac too Cuse fan)

Comment

(bye the way, serious question, not trying to sound like an ass, just incase it may have appeared that way, fan of dmac too Cuse fan)
                          Haha, how did I get dragged into this? I guess you're chatting about McNabb. Anyway, McNabb is obviously the starter. It's not even a question. Maybe Daws knows ,I have no clue if they have the resources or cap room to acquire Chad Johnson. McNabb is still very good if he actually had a couple receivers who could get open consistently. My guess is the Eagles stick to their draft strategy of taking OL/DL in the first round, otherwise they will take a cornerback if one of the better ones is there. This regime has typically stood firm and always drafted OL/DL early even if it's not a glaring need. I just can't see them taking Devin Thomas, or Limas Sweed or Malcolm Kelly in Round 1, it''s not what they do.

Comment

The way I see it, Romo came in right off the bat to QB a stacked team. A team that was supposed to be good and make the playoffs....which is exactly what they did. I see nothing special about what he did. So he's better than an aged Drew Bledsoe. Big deal...so is just about everyone.

As far as Romo running around and chucking it like Favre, I don't really see the relevance. Lots of guys have tried that style of play, but few have succeeded, especially against teams who are any good, like Favre was able to do.

I don't think Romo sucks by any means, but a top 3 or top 5 nfl qb, or even better than Ben? Not in my opinion.

Lets not forget Ben only has 4 years of nfl experience either, and the 2006 season was basically over before it started for him with the motorcycle accident and all, so really he doesn't have all that terribly much more nfl experience than romo, who has actually been in the league a year longer than ben, even if he hasn't been a starter the whole time and ben has actually physically played in more games.

Comment

Cuse is correct. There is no controversy. Mcnabb is the starter 100%. I'm not sure if you watched any of the eagles games towards the end of the season, but his mobility was actually pretty good. The first giants game and a few others he was still recoverying from the injury. The eagles do have enough cap room. They often save about 8-10 million in cap each year just to have. They never overspend and always have extra. Now, acquiring chad johnson? I sure hope not, however i guess he can be thrown into the mix. But what I've heard is Lito shepard won't be an eagle by the end of the month and I'm assuming he goes somewhere on draft day or in the near future. So far I've heard Roy williams of detroit and anquan boldin. Haven't heard Chad Johnson and he makes less sense since he has the loud mouth and Andy Reid doesn't go for that and throw in their experience with TO I say they don't go down that road.

Regarding the draft, once again I agree with Cuse no way in my mind they draft a WR first round. I'm no pro scout, but a CB like jenkins or talib or the S from miami Williams are much more likely picks for the first round. The age of the eagles secondary is not young and Dawkins MIGHT have one year left of decent football so that needs to be addressed. If they don't got DB i say an OL if one slips. You can never have enough linemen and I'm thinking the birds dont really know if winston justice and max jean giles are going to pan out. I would say a guy like mario manningham would be a more likely pick for the eagles in a later round. They have 11 draft picks this year and I would think they would get 1 more quality one if they trade lito and dont get a big time player in return. So plenty of picks to spread around to all of their needs.

If you haven't looked, the eagles are one of the top teams favored to win the nfc so that tells me they are also thinking mcnabb will be the qb. Their best chance to win is with mcnabb and the team is built to win now not next year or in two years. After this year, then I say they might need to get Kolb in there, but that is a long ways away.

Comment

Working...
                              X