Doplhins to take Jake Long #1 overall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doplhins to take Jake Long #1 overall

ESPN - Sources: Dolphins agree to deal with Long, will select OT No. 1 overall - NFL

I think it's a solid pick. Any successful offense must have good offensive lineman. He should also help in getting ronnie brown some more yards as well. Nice job Tuna.

Comment

Rest of the players/agents are pissed

Never want an o linemen setting the curve

Comment

Originally posted by Bills Hooligan View Post
        Rest of the players/agents are pissed

Never want an o linemen setting the curve
        That's not true. Nowadays it doesn't matter who the first pick is. Long got the same guaranteed money that Russell did. He's the highest paid offensive lineman in football (which is ludicrous). The NFL needs to adopt the NBA policy and go to a rookie salary cap type deal with your draft position making money based on tiers and the positions above you and percentages and stuff.

But anyway, $31 million guaranteed is not pissing off any agents, that's for sure.
        Last edited by CuseFan10; 04-23-2008, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
          I think it's a solid pick. Any successful offense must have good offensive lineman. He should also help in getting ronnie brown some more yards as well. Nice job Tuna.
          agree..it all starts on the line (either one)....

Comment

Originally posted by ar182 View Post
            agree..it all starts on the line (either one)....
            In total agreement as well. If Long even turns out to be above avearge this season, their line isn't that bad already with Carey moving back to his RT spot and Satele in his second year at center and they have decent good guard too who name is escaping me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post

He probably can't help but think of when in 1997 (as the Jets GM) he passed on the first pick of the draft, & they traded down to 8 for a ton of crapass players. They draqfted Farrior, who did nothing until he went to the Steelers. Who did he miss out on? Orlando ******* Pace:bang:

Tuna strikes me as the kind of person that doesn't make the same mistake twice...
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I agree underdog. As much as of I've hated playing against him when he was with dallas and nyg, hes a smart guy and I think he will improve the miami franchise sooner than later. People are calling for matt ryan in miami. First off, they drafted a qb in the 2nd round last yr so they don't draft another this year with the 1st pick. 2nd of all, matt ryan is not a top 5 pick maybe not even top 10 in my book. You can'y give up on beck and lemon that quickly. Bill will probably try to clear up some issues at WR, DL, and LB as well.

Comment

I hate how the #1 pick demands so much frickin money. How can this Long guy make more than say a Hutchinson who paved the way for ADP's record setting game. Jamarcus Russell making more than Manning and Brady right?

I disagree that they should go to a an NBA salary. With the risk of injury being greatly higher than in basketball, a #1 overall RB could tear an ACL and never play the same again. Guaranteed money is okay, but salaries are just rediculous these days.

I was going over league salaries once in NBA. Did you guys know Chris Wilcox is making something like 7 million dollars a year? NBA kids can make theirs after proving themselves, but in the NFL, a running back will have a good 3-4 years, then they're on the back end of a career.

I dunno how they can measure a talent of an offensive lineman. Sacks on the QB, rushing yards? Owell, we'll see. I'm anticipating a bust that is called Darren McFadden.
                  39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
                  Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
                  Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

Comment

yea speaking of too much money, what the hell is atlanta doing giving matt ryan all that money?

Comment

Originally posted by recovering77 View Post
                      I was going over league salaries once in NBA. Did you guys know Chris Wilcox is making something like 7 million dollars a year? NBA kids can make theirs after proving themselves, but in the NFL, a running back will have a good 3-4 years, then they're on the back end of a career.
                      NBA guys also make so much more money because there's only 15 guys on an NBA team while, there's like 3.5 times that on NFL teams.

And that Matt Ryan contract is ABSURD. Arthur Blank is lost. LOST! The other owners and GM's must want to kill him.

Comment

Working...
                      X