Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bears Waive Benson following 2nd arrest!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears Waive Benson following 2nd arrest!

NFL - Bears waive Benson following 2nd arrest

I heard they were going to let him go anyways! He hasn't been going to treatment for his injury and it is a lot worse than they lead onto!!!

Anyone want to buy a throw back Benson Jersey size 56 authentic???:laughing:

BB
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

i'm curious to see where chicago goes from here. Did they have a back up plan or will they be calling sean alexander soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
      i'm curious to see where chicago goes from here. Did they have a back up plan or will they be calling sean alexander soon?
      Two words... Matt Forte. I'd guess they bring in a veteran too though maybe Kevin Jones???

Comment

i know they drafted him cuse, but unless hes like a peterson rookies typically struggle in their first year of football at RB. Any idea if he can block?

Comment

I smell a move for LaMont Jordan coming.

Comment

why did they ever let Thomas Jones go? money I guess. that and Benson was drafted so high even though he hasn't had a meaningful season. Its a shame when your draft status holds the team hostage for a good 3-5 years before they let you go even if they realize you suck long ago

and the loyalty to Rex Grossman is just inexplicable!

I remember Anthony Thomas's rookie year and surely thought this fool would be a fixture in the Bear's offense for years. Man things have changed for him/the Bears.
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Yea Q, they let Jones go because they are the cheapest franchise (well second I guess next to the Cards) in the NFL.

As for Forte, to use a pick that high when you had Benson, Peterson and Wolfe already tells me something. They were going to split carries anyway was my guess and now, unless they bring in a Kevin Jones or LaMont Jordan type, Forte is gonna tote the rock. I also don't agree that rookie tend to struggle. I mean, obviously some do, but for many others it's just lack of opportunity IMHO. I think their struggles are a bit of a generalization that is not really as much of a reality as people think. Running for 1,000 yards in the NFL is all about opportunity, not being good.
              Last edited by CuseFan10; 06-12-2008, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I agree.

Anthony Thomas, Julius Jones (even if only 2nd half of his rookie season), Cadillac Williams, Clinton Portis, LaDanian Tomlinson, etc... there are a few more I know, but they were good and/or had a significant impact their rookie year.

I would know and figure a few others would agree mainly because in fantasy football, when you draft, you usually don't hesitate drafting a rookie RB (as long as its not in the 1st or early 2nd round).

Out of the offensive skill players, RBs have the most opportunity to succeed their first year compared to say QBs or WRs. As Cuse mentioned, mainly is the opportunity there? A bit of luck avoiding injury also helps.
                :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Working...
                X