***Let's talk Futures***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Let's talk Futures***

Slow day, might as well get some early discussion going....

Division winners

AFC East ------------------------------------------NFC East

NE-850---------------------------------------------Dallas-105
    Buffalo+800---------------------------------------NYG+270
    Jets+1000 -----------------------------------------Philly+350
    Miami+2000----------------------------------------Wash+625

AFC North-----------------------------------------NFC North

Pitt+100--------------------------------------------Minny+150
    Clev+200------------------------------------------GB+185
    Cincy+400-----------------------------------------Chi+300
    Balty+800------------------------------------------Det+585

AFC South------------------------------------------NFC South

Indy-170-------------------------------------------NO+120
    Jax+190--------------------------------------------TB+210
    Tenn+725------------------------------------------Car+240
    Hous+1400-----------------------------------------Atl+1400

AFC West-------------------------------------------NFC West

SD-325---------------------------------------------Sea-110
    Den+450-------------------------------------------Zona+225
    Oak+775-------------------------------------------STL+500
    KC+1200-------------------------------------------SF+625
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Teams I give zero shot to win their respective divisions

AFC- Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Houston, Oakland, Chiefs.

NFC- Lions, Atlanta.

IMO the NFC East could go to anyone, & the NFC West is so bad the same could very well apply.

AFC East- Though a Bills fan, I am realistic. NE is going to win 10 games minimum, & I have the Bills winning 9. Therefore, I cannot say that there is value in playing anyone to win the East. Miami still will have troubles, & the Jets still lack the definitive QB to give them much of a shot.

Looking into games won props, IMO there are 2 that present value within this division.

Buffalo wins o8-110

Miami wins u5.5-105

AFC North

Aside from the Ravens, who IMO will strugle once again offensively, I can entertain the idea of any of the other 3 to take the division. The Browns have a solid offense, & @ +200 they may very well be worth a look. Cincy no doubt deserves to be a heavy dog, but with one of the best qbs at the helm & a potentially lethal offense, I can't just write them off. I will say that the Steelers are still the best all around team, & at +100 it would be tough to go another way.

AFC South

I have a slight lean to the Jags @ +190. A damn fine defense, great o-line, rbs along with an incredibly efficient QB. They worked on fixing their biggest flaw, WR, by signing Troy Williamson & Jerry Porter. If it helps remains to be seen, but I think they have the potential to be a very strong force this football season. Too bad for them the Colts are in the division, but @ +190 I think they present some value.

AFC West

Realistically, I have a hard time presenting a case for any dogs here. Den & KC IMO have too many defensive problems, & SD is all around the best team no question. No interest in taking a shot with such inferior teams....

NFC East

Honestly I don't really have a feel for this division at the moment. I really couldn't find fault in playing any team, given that this looks to be a very competitive division once again. Why are the G-men +270? seems a bit high.

NFC North

This is a division that I'm very interested in. Minny+150 & GB +185? I honestly think that a play on both will produce a profit, but I like GB quite a bit. Tavaris Jackson. You must be kidding. I think GB presents a ton of value here, I mean jesus, did anyone watch them play last season? Solid D, especiall;y vs the run, an emerging run game & great WRs. No Brett & all of a sudden they are +185? I still think in the end GB has the better option at QB. To me this is all about no Favre/ Peterson factor. GB still the better team. Lions will forever blow with their staff (sorry Larry), & the Bears are on the decline IMO.

NFC South

The Saints basically favored to win the division which I think is laughable. Perception vs reality, I think we see it week 1 when TB visits NO. At over 2 to 1 odds, I will almost certainly be playing the Bucs to win the division. Other futures that looks good to me....

TB season wins o8-105

Saint season wins u8.5+135

NFC West

IMO the weakest division in the NFL. No interest at the moment to pu any cash on these teams. Of course everyone will say Zona is the sleeper team (as they tend to do every year), but IMO they disappoint once again. STL is aging.... I will say that the 49 D has the potential to be pretty damn good.

Comment

troy williamson?:laughing:

Comment

I don't mind Carolina @ +240. Delhomme back feeding Steve Smith (as well as newcomers Hackett/Muhammad & 2nd year guy Jarrett)....a good defence....their problem really was the offence and injuries, but they drafted Johnathan Stewart and a big OT in the first round this year...to team up with Williams & Goings....they will likely be a much better offence this year....(If Smith and Delhomme stay healthy)

Also like GB division win and that Buffalo OVER...
        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 06-16-2008, 11:31 AM.

Comment

my main gripe with cleveland is their defense. what did they do in the off-season to sure up the d? Sean rogers? maybe but probably not. I still think DA was a one year wonder and I don't like the browns chances with j lewis running the ball again.

Comment

Minnesota at +150 is about as solid as it gets! This is the best team they've put on the field in many moons.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              I don't mind Carolina @ +240. Delhomme back feeding Steve Smith (as well as newcomers Hackett/Muhammad & 2nd year guy Jarrett)....a good defence....their problem really was the offence and injuries, but they drafted Johnathan Stewart and a big OT in the first round this year...to team up with Williams & Goings....they will likely be a much better offence this year....(If Smith and Delhomme stay healthy)

I'm not sold on Carolina. They got Hackett/Muhammad, but lost Drew Carter to free agency (IMO quite better than the both of them). I can see Stewart being a good back, but what worries me is their D. I think it's a stretch to call their D good, given they were middle of the pack in nearly every category last season. Now Morgan is gone, & Rucker remains unsigned, so it raises a couple question marks for me....

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                my main gripe with cleveland is their defense. what did they do in the off-season to sure up the d? Sean rogers? maybe but probably not. I still think DA was a one year wonder and I don't like the browns chances with j lewis running the ball again.

I agree about the Cleveland D, but not at all about DA being a one year wonder. The guy has weapons! I would put Braylon Edwards in the top 3 in the league right now- call me crazy but I think he could be second only to Moss. Add Winslow plus Stallworth & IMO that's a very solid receiving core. I do feel they have a much tougher schedule than last year....

Comment

I just think there was a reason DA was on the practice squad of the ravens. Now maybe that reason is the ravens are awful at assessing qbs but I think he played way over his head last season. I sort of feel the same way about garrard. IF these two guys are not what they seem, then their teams will be much worse this year.

Braylon a top 3?! wow. I trust your opinion so I won't knock him until I see him go this year. I still think wayne, fitzgerald, and moss are my top 3 but its a very debatable topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                    I'm not sold on Carolina. They got Hackett/Muhammad, but lost Drew Carter to free agency (IMO quite better than the both of them). I can see Stewart being a good back, but what worries me is their D. I think it's a stretch to call their D good, given they were middle of the pack in nearly every category last season. Now Morgan is gone, & Rucker remains unsigned, so it raises a couple question marks for me....
                    Yeah...definitely some question marks...but Morgan had only played 4 games in the last two years...so really a non-issue, and Rucker is retired I thought? But yeah...the average/good defence would have to play a bit better than the 16th ranked squad last year.....I just think @ 2.5-1...there's some skill to bounce back and win that division...as I'm not sold on NO or TB...that was first glance anyway..

GL

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                      Braylon a top 3?! wow. I trust your opinion so I won't knock him until I see him go this year. I still think wayne, fitzgerald, and moss are my top 3 but its a very debatable topic.
                      I was thinking Moss & Fitz ahead, but IMO Wayne benefits from Marvin, not to mention he has Peyton. IMO Braylon on a team like that & he's unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                        I just think @ 2.5-1...there's some skill to bounce back and win that division...
                        can't really argue with that- the way I see it, this division is up for grabs. I would honestly put the Saints in 3rd in that division. Payton IMO is a terrible coach, they could very well be a 1 year wonder. Maybe Panthers/Bucs both at + money?

Comment

It's best to lay down on 3 @ +200 or higher. 1 win & you are plus $$$$ :thumbs:

I'm liking CTown +200 as 1 of my picks. Now I need 2 more :beer2:

Comment

Here's some funny ****

2008 NFL Predictions | Bleacher Report :beer2:

Comment

didn't think that was very funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X