Interesting NFL Futures Bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting NFL Futures Bet

I notice that on Bodog, New England is 1-10 to win the division. I realize you would have to put up $1000 to win $100, but isn't that a pretty strong bet?

It's hard to say now, especially with Buffalo player guaranteeing a playoff team in 08-09, but who is gonna win the division if not NE? Miami? Buffalo? NJ Jets?

New England has also won the division like 6-7 years in a row now haven't they?
    39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
    Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
    Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

there is absolutely no value in a NE futures bet to win the division. Laying juice for a futures bet won't get you far over time. Buffalo could shock people you never know. But I certainly wouldn't put any amount of money on NE jsut because of the amount of juice. There is no telling what will happen between now and the end of the season. i.e. injuries to brady or moss.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
      there is absolutely no value in a NE futures bet
      :thumbs:

1 to 10? you would have to win 10+ bets, just to cover that, if you lose! IMO its not worth it!
      No value in da pattys this year! Bettin' against them is the only way to go. :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
        Buffalo could shock people you never know.
        :beerbang: :beerbang:

Seriously though, I have to agree. Laying 10 to 1 for a team to win their division in a sport as volatile as the NFL as far as injuries and surprisingly good (or bad) teams from year to year go? Every year there's at least 1 team who comes from nowhere to be good and at least one who was good the year before that sucks this year. And then there's always that team or two that's just decimated by injuries and just struggles thru the season with a field full of practice squad guys. NE has been able to avoid these things in the past, but it still doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Plus, there is some kind of trend where the team who LOSES the super bowl, often does not even make the playoffs the next season....but I forget what it exactly is.

IMO there will be a TON of value bettin against NE this year, and exactly none betting on them.

Comment

colts win super bowl over bears... bears dont make the playoffs this year.

steelers beat seahawks... seahawks did make playoffs and won a game. they were the only ones ot beat this trend in my recent memory.

pats beat eagles.... eagles dont make playoffs the next year

bucs beat raiders.. raiders dont make playoffs the next year.

that is just back to 2003. So yes there is a strong trend of that.

Comment

It's nearly every year....i know that.

I know NYG didn't make the playoffs after losing to Baltimore in 2000-2001, and i don't believe the Rams made it back to the playoffs after losing to the Pats either, nor did Carolina after losing to the Pats.

So yea, if this info is right, it looks like it's like 1 team since the turn of the century who has lost the super bowl and managed to return to the playoffs the following season.

Comment

Would/Do you want to tie up $1,000 of a bankroll for 4 months to win $100?

Seems silly. Take the other route, whatever the odds and bet $500 on Buffalo and $500 NY Jets

Horfin
              a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
              Sides: +17.4 units
              Totals: +0 units
              In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
              Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Working...
              X