Random Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Thoughts

There was a good buck to be made last year fading the Broncos in certain spots (vs. good run teams)

Can they stop the run this year? I'll be the first to admit that I'm not privy to any good Bronco information nor do I keep up on them.

Carolina is looking strong. I'm even calling them my dark horse to win the super bowl. The team has moved Julius Peppers to the right side and he terrorized the Colts in his last preseason game. He looks flat nasty this year.

I love their run game as well. Delhomme should return to form too. The addition of Muhammed will be great for them. Should take some pressure off Steve Smith who I think will be back strong this year if he can quit beating up his teammates.

Last thought of the day is that the Dolphins looks like ****. What was big tuna thinking taking that job. I dont see them winning hardly any games this year.

Oh, and Vikings win the Super Bowl! :) Tarvaris Jackson=Trent Dilfer?

Just don't bench Kevin Curtis this year the week he scores 4 TD's and has 200 yards receiving....................IN THE FIRST HALF.....................:beerbang:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

That is brutal Matt. I can't believe you remember that.

You won't find me on memphis moneyline either LOL

Comment

The thing that scares me the most about Carolina is how Delhomme will perform after that elbow surgery..Looks like all the pieces are in place though..
        I really like the Eagles to make a strong run this year..
        If your actions inspire others to dream more,learn more,
        do more and become more,you are a leader.

Comment

i wonder if ATL will win the NFC south since the past 4 NFC champs have been the previous' seasions LAST place team. lol

i think the bills will surprise this year, and the steelers wont be as strong as everyone thinks.
          steelers lost alan faneca to the jets and their o-line gave up about 90-95 sacks last year which was 3rd or 4th worst in the league. the teams they play have OKAY defenses BAL,CLE,CIN. well BAL is solid
          "Sports betting is a marathon, not a sprint"

Comment

Patriots will be -21 or more every week and cover like 20% of the time and the public will still bet the **** out of them every single week :boog:

Comment

Packers will be a strong team. Everyone will fade them & they will win 11+. :beer2:

The Bills will win games nobody expects them to, then lose the games they should win. :bang:
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Bengals will talk about a "revamped" defense like they do every year and then proceed to finish 27th or worse defensively for another year in a row under Starvin Marvin Lewis (who im convinced is actually dusty baker).

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                  under Starvin Marvin Lewis (who im convinced is actually dusty baker).
                  :laughing:

I remember when there was talk of him coming to Buffalo & when he didn't I was so bummed. Stupid me.

Call me crazy but I think the Bengals could win the division. Browns are overhyped, Steelers O-line could be in for a long season. Ravens offense blows. Of course they'll have to put up 40ppg to do it.
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

The browns will win the north! :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                      Patriots will be -21 or more every week and cover like 20% of the time and the public will still bet the **** out of them every single week :boog:
                      I could be wrong but I think last year they started out the season 7-0 or 6-0 ATS beat the hell out of everyone they played at the beginning of the season even got accused of running up the score for showboating.

But I could be wrong
                      NFL 2-0. Week 1
                      Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
                        I could be wrong but I think last year they started out the season 7-0 or 6-0 ATS beat the hell out of everyone they played at the beginning of the season even got accused of running up the score for showboating.

But I could be wrong
                        This season, you will find value betting against the pats! The books will adjust, and the public will still pound the pattys! :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post

I remember when there was talk of him coming to Buffalo & when he didn't I was so bummed. Stupid me.
                          do you find the irony in the fact that Billick was hired by the Ravens after being "an offensive genious" with the Vikings and basically got canned because in his entire tenure he couldn't put together even a decent offense. And Lewis was this "defensive genious" in
                          Baltimore and outside of 1 year where his D was ranked 19th, he has been 25th or worse every other season (and he's been there like 5+ years now so i think it now counts as his team).

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                          Call me crazy but I think the Bengals could win the division. Browns are overhyped, Steelers O-line could be in for a long season. Ravens offense blows. Of course they'll have to put up 40ppg to do it.

not a chance, IMO. they have by far the worst defense in that division. look at the cleveland game last year that they lost like 58-48 or something crazy like that. the only thing that may help them is if Perry comes back healthy and Rudy Johnson comes back at a heavier weight. They couldn't run the ball at all last year and that killed them. I think 8-8 is a pretty good bet for the Bengals, though, i could see anything from a 10-6 to a 6-10 really. but in a division like that, injuries will play a role as well im sure. problem is they could never get a stop last year in a close game and im not sure what's changed in the offseason really. but we'll see. hope you are right...:thumbs:

hey queen- tell your son it's time to put the reds jersey away and dig out the esiason jersey....:thumbs:
                          Last edited by FlyersFan; 08-13-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X