2008 Election

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGBALLER View Post
    Dan you question can only be answered this way. Although there are differences in interpretation and opionion, all Christians share a set of beliefs that we hold as essential to our faith.

1. belief in God the father, Jesus as the son of God, and the Holy Spirit
    2. death, ressurection, and the ascension of Christ
    3. holiness of the Church
    4. Christ's second coming, day of judgementand salvation of the faithful

I do believe religion has a place in gov't since God appointed these authorities. Romans 13:1-2

Also, I remember as a young boy going to school and saying the Pledge of Allegiance and saying a prayer before school began. Today our society is trying to take GOD out of the pledge, our children can't pray in school and the Ten Commandments are being removed because someone/group is offended.Well ded gummit homosexuality offends me but I am told I have to accept it,:bang: it bothers me my tax dollars go to assist illegals and we have veterans who are living on our streets but again I have to put up with this :puke: .

WE THE PEOPLE must begin to select the leaders from all levels of Gov't that will put GOD first and ask for GOD to direct their decisions and NOT their own PARTY.

Finally, Dan I saw in another thread that you were not going to be voting this year. I hope you would reconsider since the opportunity of voting in FREE elections is a privilege that many people have given their lives for. It is a responsibility and blessing from God.

1. didn't george bush ask god to give him guidence into this war were in now without even consulting his wrong propagated intelligence about WMD's

2. i did say i planned on probably not voting not because i dont value the vote or those who have given their lives for it but because neither candidate has sold me on why i should vote for them
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
      People to tell me why I should vote for McCain instead of why I shouldn't vote for Obama.
      1. McCain has a better economic policy for everyone.
      2. McCain has a better foreign policy and is strong on terror and is not willing to negotiate with Terrorist.
      3. McCain has american values, Barrack favors rights of illegals over americans.
      4. McCain is for offshore drilling and exploring ANWAR, Barrack is not for either. This will help the economy.
      5. McCain backs and stands for the principles and values that this country was founded on, Barrack was to change those principles and values.
      6. McCain does not have a spiritual advisor that hates america...we know Barracks spiritual values....dont get me started....and this does have something to do with his character, and if you think it does your an idiot...I mean he was only there for 20+ years.

Let me know if you want any more reasons. I am hear to help. :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
        2. McCain has a better foreign policy and is strong on terror and is not willing to negotiate with Terrorist.
        3. McCain has american values, Barrack favors rights of illegals over americans.
        4. McCain is for offshore drilling and exploring ANWAR, Barrack is not for either. This will help the economy.
        5. McCain backs and stands for the principles and values that this country was founded on, Barrack was to change those principles and values.
        6. McCain does not have a spiritual advisor that hates america...we know Barracks spiritual values....dont get me started....and this does have something to do with his character, and if you think it does your an idiot...I mean he was only there for 20+ years.

2. if only we showed diplomacy and didn't take the approach of "not willing to negotiate with terrorist" we would not be hated around the world like we are today (not saying we need to show diplomacy to all that are terrorist)

4. Obama is for offshore drilling as long as ample amount of money is directed towards funding research for alternative fuels

5. thats why he has a 100% voting record in agreement with Bush in 2008 and we all know how the bush/cheney administration has pissed all over the constitution

and why no talk about the republican run house and senate from 2000-06 along with a republican president that put this country in a record deficit due to spending like a drunken sailor

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post

and why no talk about the republican run house and senate from 2000-06 along with a republican president that put this country in a record deficit due to spending like a drunken sailor
          Dan, you are truly showing your lack of knowledge. Dont get me started on the Dem run senate and house the last 2 years.....ok do...

Change, we asked for it ..... and we sure got it....

Facts Are Facts!
          --------------------------------------------------

This has to make you think a little bit, if you can be honest with yourself. If not, we've all got a problem!

George Bush has been in office for about 7½ years. And during his first six -- the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
          2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
          3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
          4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
          5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations over seas, living large!...

Then, American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep, we got CHANGE, all right.

In this past year:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;
          2) Gasoline is now lingering near $4 a gallon;
          3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
          4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by
          $12 TRILLION DOLLARS & prices still dropping;
          5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
          6) Now, THE DOW is probing new lows at 11,000;

$2.5 trillion has been evaporated from our stocks, bonds and mutual funds investments.

In 2006 America voted for CHANGE -- and the Dems took over Congress -- and now they want to CHANGE the White House, too!

:bang:

Comment

Dan, you are truly showing your lack of knowledge. Dont get me started on the Dem run senate and house the last 2 years.....ok do...

Change, we asked for it ..... and we sure got it....

Facts Are Facts!
            --------------------------------------------------

This has to make you think a little bit, if you can be honest with yourself. If not, we've all got a problem!

George Bush has been in office for about 7½ years. And during his first six -- the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
            2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
            3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
            4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
            5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations over seas, living large!...

Then, American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep, we got CHANGE, all right.

In this past year:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;
            2) Gasoline is now lingering near $4 a gallon;
            3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
            4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by
            $12 TRILLION DOLLARS & prices still dropping;
            5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
            6) Now, THE DOW is probing new lows at 11,000;

$2.5 trillion has been evaporated from our stocks, bonds and mutual funds investments.

In 2006 America voted for CHANGE -- and the Dems took over Congress -- and now they want to CHANGE the White House, too!

:bang:

never said i liked what the congress was doing now (nancy pelosi :puke: :puke: :puke: ) im just asking why no talk about the first 6 years of a rep. run congress and spending like a drunken sailor ?

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
            NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
            MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
            CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

I don't honestly think 2 years of a Democratic Congress is the biggest nor sole reason the economy tanked any more so than giving Bill Clinton ALL the credit for the Internet stock boom during his latter term presidency.

Washington certainly has influence on the economy but to that extent I certainly think not.

Consumer confidence is one thing, but reliance on so much foreign oil and China's growing economy/demand would top my list of why gas prices went up not because the Crypt Keeper's long lost lover is the Dem majority leader lol.

I dont know much about the housing mortgage crash but wasn't that bubble growing alarmingly before 2 years ago? I think. It was asking to be burst. Democrats didn't make bad or excessive loans, it was the banks.

One thing leads to another and bam! recession. Its all cyclical, it will go back up, and when it does, someone is gonna take credit for it I'm sure :puke:
              Last edited by Q-Unit; 08-27-2008, 04:20 PM.
              :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
              -Big Pimpin-

Comment

I don't honestly think 2 years of a Democratic Congress is the biggest nor sole reason the economy tanked any more so than giving Bill Clinton ALL the credit for the Internet stock boom during his latter term presidency.

Washington certainly has influence on the economy but to that extent I certainly think not.

Consumer confidence is one thing, but reliance on so much foreign oil and China's growing economy/demand would top my list of why gas prices went up not because the Crypt Keeper's long lost lover is the Dem majority leader lol.

I dont know much about the housing mortgage crash but wasn't that bubble growing alarmingly before 2 years ago? I think. It was asking to be burst. Democrats didn't make bad or excessive loans, it was the banks.

One thing leads to another and bam! recession. Its all cyclical, it will go back up, and when it does, someone is gonna take credit for it I'm sure :puke:

Agreed to an extent...tell that to all the libs and dems that think everything is Bush's fault. The hypocricy is quite ironic. Hence why their battle cry against McCain is more of the same....same as what?Yes if McCain is prez we will still be in a war, we will still have economic issues, we will still have healthcare issues, we will still have boarder issues, we will still have energy issues....we will still have issues and Barrackmessiah will not change that... things will only get worse:bang:
                Last edited by BoKnows; 08-27-2008, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Agreed to an extent...tell that to all the libs and dems that think everything is Bush's fault. The hypocricy is quite ironic. Hence why their battle cry against McCain is more of the same....same as what?Yes if McCain is prez we will still be in a war, we will still have economic issues, we will still have healthcare issues, we will still have boarder issues, we will still have energy issues....we will still have issues and Barrackmessiah will change that things will only get worse:bang:
                  I have to agree.

the shyt that we've dealt with 5 years ago we dealt with 10 years ago. and will be dealing with 5 years from now. With all the finger pointing and self absorbed back patting, its a wonder we get one thing done, other than taking my rights away to use online gambling site! :bang:

And the shyt they can't control, the politicians want to act like they are in control, and the shyt they can control, they either do nothing or make it worse!

at least football starts tomorrow. they can't take that away from me can they? lol
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

I have to agree.

at least football starts tomorrow. they can't take that away from me can they? lol

Oh the horror....that happens and I will be moving to Costa Rica. :help:

Comment

the shyt that we've dealt with 5 years ago we dealt with 10 years ago. and will be dealing with 5 years from now. With all the finger pointing and self absorbed back patting, its a wonder we get one thing done, other than taking my rights away to use online gambling site!
                      best thing ive ever read on this forum :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

:thumbs:

couldnt agree more BO
                        To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                        2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

he has a better foreign policy when he figures out where countries are neighboring to each other and when he figures out whose the leader of what country

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NC0Y7zMcn_4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NC0Y7zMcn_4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post

he has a better foreign policy when he figures out where countries are neighboring to each other and when he figures out whose the leader of what country

Iraq Iran Obama Osama all go together! :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                              Iraq Iran Obama Osama all go together! :beerbang:
                              better teach your boy johnny mac some 5th grade geography, but he is a foreign policy expert don't forget :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Working...
                              X