Obama - what a stand up kind of brother

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama - what a stand up kind of brother

HURUMA, Kenya (CNN) -- We found Barack Obama's half-brother living in a Nairobi slum.

George Obama, whose birth certificate shows that he is Barack Obama's half-brother, lives in a small house in Huruma that he shares with his mother's extended family, far away from the presidential campaign circus.

In his memoir, "Dreams for my Father," the Democratic presidential candidate describes meeting George two years ago as a "painful affair." Barack Obama's trip to Kenya meant meeting family he had never known.

In the book, which is popular in Nairobi and can be found in almost any supermarket, Obama looks back at his personal story and his struggles to reconcile with a Kenyan father who left him and his mother when he was just a child.

Hope I can post a link to the entire story here...the first sentence should tell you all you need to know about this 'savior'...

Behind the Scenes: Meet George Obama - CNN.com
    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Originally posted by NevadaJay View Post
    HURUMA, Kenya (CNN) -- We found Barack Obama's half-brother living in a Nairobi slum.

George Obama, whose birth certificate shows that he is Barack Obama's half-brother, lives in a small house in Huruma that he shares with his mother's extended family, far away from the presidential campaign circus.

In his memoir, "Dreams for my Father," the Democratic presidential candidate describes meeting George two years ago as a "painful affair." Barack Obama's trip to Kenya meant meeting family he had never known.

In the book, which is popular in Nairobi and can be found in almost any supermarket, Obama looks back at his personal story and his struggles to reconcile with a Kenyan father who left him and his mother when he was just a child.

Hope I can post a link to the entire story here...the first sentence should tell you all you need to know about this 'savior'...

Behind the Scenes: Meet George Obama - CNN.com
    im slightly confused as how this comes as a surprise that he has a half brother living in kenya or how this makes him any lesser of a man?
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

21 Aug 2008

George Hussein Onyango Obama, Senator Barack Obama's long lost brother was tracked down living in a hut on the outskirts of Nairobi Photo: Guy Calaf, Vanity Fair, Italy The Italian edition of Vanity Fair said that it had found George Hussein Onyango Obama living in a hut in a ramshackle town of Huruma on the outskirts of Nairobi.

Mr Obama, 26, the youngest of the presidential candidate's half-brothers, spoke for the first time about his life, which could not be more different than that of the Democratic contender.

"No-one knows who I am," he told the magazine, before claiming: "I live here on less than a dollar a month."

According to Italy's Vanity Fair his two metre by three metre shack is decorated with football posters of the Italian football giants AC Milan and Inter, as well as a calendar showing exotic beaches of the world.

Vanity Fair also noted that he had a front page newspaper picture of his famous brother - born of the same father as him, Barack Hussein Obama, but to a different mother, named only as Jael.

He told the magazine: "I live like a recluse, no-one knows I exist."

Embarrassed by his penury, he said that he does not does not mention his famous half-brother in conversation.

"If anyone says something about my surname, I say we are not related. I am ashamed," he said.

For ten years George Obama lived rough. However he now hopes to try to sort his life out by starting a course at a local technical college.

He has only met his famous older brother twice - once when he was just five and the last time in 2006 when Senator Obama was on a tour of East Africa and visited Nairobi.

The Illinois senator mentions his brother in his autobiography, describing him in just one passing paragraph as a "beautiful boy with a rounded head".

Of their second meeting, George Obama said: "It was very brief, we spoke for just a few minutes. It was like meeting a complete stranger."

George added he was no longer in contact with his mother and said:"I have had to learn to live and take what I need.

"Huruma is a tough place, last January during the elections there was rioting and six people were hacked to death. The police don't even arrest you they just shoot you.

"I have seen two of my friends killed. I have scars from defending myself with my fists. I am good with my fists."

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
        im slightly confused as how this comes as a surprise that he has a half brother living in kenya or how this makes him any lesser of a man?
        I am confused too, but osama has "Skeletons in the closet"!

:nuts:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
          I am confused too, but osama has "Skeletons in the closet"!

:nuts:
          so once barack father went back to Kenya he could have impregnated a women who lived in poverty already and this half-brother could have been born into poverty, not still sure exactly how this is a skeleton in obamas closet but ok

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

so once barack father went back to Kenya he could have impregnated a women who lived in poverty already and this half-brother could have been born into poverty, not still sure exactly how this is a skeleton in obamas closet but ok
            Stay tuned! :thumbs:

Comment

Stay tuned! :thumbs:
              ok and if i stay tuned and nothing comes of this what do i do than? root for the tribe? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Point is if I had a half-brother living in squalor, I'd help. And I'm not a multi-millionaire. Imagine how long a little support from his half-brother would go for this man.

Comment

Point is if I had a half-brother living in squalor, I'd help. And I'm not a multi-millionaire. Imagine how long a little support from his half-brother would go for this man.

he will help right after McCain done leaving his first wife after she was injured in an accident for a trophy wife

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                  NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                  MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                  CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

ha

Really? That's the response? Not sure if the grammar makes sense, but that' ok. Either way, you'll be voting for higher taxes and socialized medicine and I won't be.

Good luck to both of us.

Comment

ha

Really? That's the response? Not sure if the grammar makes sense, but that' ok. Either way, you'll be voting for higher taxes and socialized medicine and I won't be.

Good luck to both of us.
                      did i ever state i was voting for either candidate ? and whats it matter anyways i live in new york states going blue with or without my vote

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

did i ever state i was voting for either candidate ? and whats it matter anyways i live in new york states going blue with or without my vote

Every vote counts!

and as my teenage daughters would say: Stop being a hater! :beer2:

Comment

Every vote counts!

and as my teenage daughters would say: Stop being a hater! :beer2:
                          i was once a teenager too not very long ago

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

i was once a teenager too not very long ago
                            You are still young! I have lived many more years than you, and you will probably be around many years after me. Just don't vote blind, thinking everything will be better for you today! Think about tomorrow! :beer2:

Comment

You are still young! I have lived many more years than you, and you will probably be around many years after me. Just don't vote blind, thinking everything will be better for you today! Think about tomorrow! :beer2:
                              what about the tribe :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Working...
                              X