***Make Fun of My Fantasy Team***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Make Fun of My Fantasy Team***

Got in a $100 league last second last night while I was quite drunk. I woke up this morning thinking about how dumb a couple picks were, so I figured we could share our teams in this thread. Could get interesting, plus I'm bored as hell & can't wait for foots. 12 man league, here is my squad

qb- Tom Brady
    Tavaris Jackson

rb- Ryan Grant
    Ronnie Brown
    Darren McFadden
    Maurice Morris
    Steve Slaton

wr- Chad Johnson
    Roddy White
    Donte Stallworth
    Bernard Berrian
    Kevin Walter

te- Jason Witten
    Donald Lee

D/St- Bears

K- Neil Rackers
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

My reasoning for these picks

Qb- while Brady may not duplicate the same performance as last season, I do think he will still light up the scoreboards. With a defense that is getting older, he may just have to keep on scoring. Constant deep threat in Moss & Welker is as good as advertiused. Tavaris was a shot I took based experience. Peterson should be able to establish the run early in games, with that monstrous o-line. Tavaris only needs to be good to have results! I imagine he'll be able to work well off the play-action. Was eying Rodgers, but he got scooped up a couple picks before mine.

RB- This will make or break my season. After furthur review I took too many chances at this position. I do think Grant will produce...GB has a solid o-line, & they will need to run to take pressure off Rodgers. Ronnie Brown was a big gamble given reports of him still not being 100%, paired with the reemergence of Rasta Rickey. The way I see it, this team will have no choice but to run the ball a ton, plus it's a matter of time till Rickey fires up a blunt again. When healthy, Ronnie is a great back, with the sole concern of course being injuries. According to reports I have read, Morris has been outperforming Julius Jones all preseason. There could very well be a chance of him getting to #1 on the depth chart at some point this season. If that happens, I will look to spot start him against weak defenses. McFadden is for real. Not sure how willing the Raiders will end up being when it comes to a heavy dose of carries though. He will start this season imo. High potential, though most disagree with taking a rookie rb. At the time I chose him, all the starting rbs were gone anyway. Slaton was a total long shot pick. Green is constantly injured, so it makes sense for me to take a shot with a guy that will at the very least have a shot to make an impact.

wr- Many will disagree with the Chad pick, but the Bengals will have no choice but to sling the ball downfield this season. No matter what he says, Chad loves the game & in the end will play his ass off. No apologies from me on this pick. Roddy White is a solid wr on a joke of an offensive team. However, he was very consistent last season, & great with the long ball. Stallworth should flourish on the Browns, provided Anderson is the real deal. Braylon will catch doubles all season long. Nobody wanted Berrian because of Tavaris, but hell I'll take a shot with him. He's put up decent numbers despite never having a qb to throw him the ball- again I think Tavaris could surprise folks. Kevin Walter had a solid season last year, got him in the second to last pick.

te- Really having Witten is like having another great wr. Last year I had Gates, & the only other fantasy te that scored more was Witten. Gates & Winslow were already gone, I would have been happy with any of the 3. Donald Lee for the hell of it.

Bears D if not for Hester alone. Could have taken the Pats but no thanks!

Now bash away :beerbang:

Comment

I think the way I would grade your team depends a lot on what the scoring categories are and how many pts.

Comment

qb- 6 pts td, 1 pt every 25 yds.

rb/wr- 6 pts td, 1 pt every 10 yards

Comment

Udog- we have an open spot in the Predictem league if you want in let me know.

we may have 2 open spots so if anyone else sees this and wants in let me know. you have to keep up your team, though, for the full season. dead team= no more invites.
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post

we may have 2 open spots so if anyone else sees this and wants in let me know. you have to keep up your team, though, for the full season. dead team= no more invites.
            is it yahoo? yahoo will let me have one more.

i'm pretty nerdy, so the team will not be dead rest assured. sucky maybe but not dead :thumbs:
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

In a standard Yahoo setting league, and only 12 teams, you might be in trouble.

1) You don't have any super star RBs. I usually want 2 super studs at the RB position. Yours might produce but they're still a question mark. If Rogers in GB doesn't keep throwing, Grant might be boxed up at the line. Brown coming off injury and McFadden a question mark on how well he will play 1st year.

2) WRs. Why did you still pick up Chad Johnson? =\ He left last game due to a sprained shoulder. He said he might just play the whole season with the injury, but he won't be 100%. Roddy White might be good, and with Ryan as a QB, things are looking up. Stallworth - NE has too many options and consistency might be an issue. Berrian - I have refused to draft any CHI WR with no QB.

Good luck though :)

Comment

berrian doesnt play for chicago llxc.

Udog,

honestly, I don't think your team is very good. Your WR are very weak. Especially if you are getting 10 yds/pt with them. I don't see Grant as having nearly as good fo a year as he did last yr and he won't sneak up on any defenses this yr. Chad johnson has a torn labrum so thaat should be interesting. I guess the only spots I like are QB, TE, and Macfadden. But everyone has different philosophies in fantasy so we'll see.

Flyers,

I'd like to play in the predictem league, but I udnerstand if it is already full.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                  Definitely! :thumbs:

Comment

I don't really buy into the whole "you need 2 stud rbs" philosophy. Last year the guy who won my league had Brady & Moss. Ok he had Adrian Peterson too. I definitely went too risky on rbs, & looking back I could have grabbed Willie Parker. should have.

Originally posted by LLXC View Post
                    2) WRs. Why did you still pick up Chad Johnson? =\ He left last game due to a sprained shoulder. He said he might just play the whole season with the injury, but he won't be 100%. Roddy White might be good, and with Ryan as a QB, things are looking up. Stallworth - NE has too many options and consistency might be an issue. Berrian - I have refused to draft any CHI WR with no QB.

I have this gut feeling Chad rips it up this season. I saw an interview with him & he said he was 85% lol. Stallworth plays for the Browns now, & with Braylon getting double teams he could have a much more productive season. Berrian will be the #1 in Minny, & though everyone is down on Tavaris, I think he has the potential to surprise some people.

Daws- I know my team sucks :beerbang:

Comment

I don't want Udoggie being the only one taking heat here so I'll go ahea dpost my team up

QB: Carson Palmer
                      RB: Jones-Drew, Lendale White, Jonathan Stewart, Justin Fargas and Felix Jones
                      WR: Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Lee Evans, Reggie Brown and Justin Gage
                      TE: Heath Miller and Ben Watson
                      K: Nate Kaeding
                      DEF: NYG, Oakland and Buffalo

It is a keeper league and we keep 2 guys. I kept wayne and fitzgerald from last year. I also won the championship last year.

Scoring:

QB: 50 yards/ 1 pt and td is 6 pts INT -2
                      RB/WR/TE: 15 yards/ 1 pt and td is 6 pts FUM is -2

Comment

Mine is kinda funny:

QB: John Kitna (Leinart=backup:laughing: )
                        RB: Joesph Addai, Williw Parker, Steve Slaton
                        WR: Santana Moss, Chris Chambers, Calvin Johnson, Randle El, Bobby Engram
                        TE: Vernon Davis & Owen Daniels
                        DEF: J-ville
                        K: Rob Bironas
                        D: Jerome McDougle & Keith Rivers (this kid was my favorite free agent, he is gonna be a stud)

Hopefully Kitna throws the ball...I am currently trying to get a new TE but we'll see.

:thumbs:
                        "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

Boy, I need to stop talking. I'm way behind for Fantasy Football and all my drafts start this weekend.

Comment

jerome mcdougle?:boog:

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                              jerome mcdougle?:boog:
                              Yea:beer2: ....he proabably wont be around long
                              "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

Working...
                              X