No announcement yet.

early lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hate to say it cause i hate em but dallas looks real good. dont understand that line. cle has a rocky qb situation going against a team with a lot to prove after chokin in the playoffs.

also likin pitt, i think they are a sleeper team this year. nobody seems to include them in the talks of the afc but i feel this team is greatly underrated. its all san diego, indy and new england in the afc, no talks of pitt. if mendenhall can hang onto the ball i think he will be a great one in that offense.

san fran is a true live dog imo. arizona is just an underachieving team and always has been. martz will revitalize that offense and the defense could make this team a possible .500 team....maybe.

unlike others here i like detroit. the rookie qb situation is one thing but ryan doesnt have any help out there. the lions started really well last year and have weapons at reciever that should give the falcons fits. i cant say i will play it for certain but i havnt seen anything that would give me even the slightest bit of confidence in the falcons

sleeper pick...Miami ML.

Comment

I'm not a big believer that Mike Martz will be able to do anything with that offense. An in experienced QB, NO WR, and just frank gore I can see teams loading up on Gore. Maybe he plans to use V. Davis? But I'd be surprised if I saw a lot out of that offense this season.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        I got 2 Homedogs on my Card in week 1 from that list...Buffalo and Oakland (although Buffalo is a pickem or -1 now). :beerbang:
        LoL you feeling ok?

I am very hesitant to play on the Bills this week. I want to, but it seems to be the "trendy" pick for week one. I am not sold on the Bills defense- yes they brought in Stroud to help stop the run, which was 25th in the league last season. They are still IMO weak @ LB, though it remains to be seen how Posluszny will perform. The secondary is also average, namelt ko Simpson @ fs.

Another thing that scares me is the left side of the o-line without Peters. That is compounded by the largest question of all being Trent.

I guess I need a little more to go on other than Seattle is on the road, & they lose week one. So do the Bills- 4 of the last 5 seasons, with the sole win being vs Houston.
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
          I'm not a big believer that Mike Martz will be able to do anything with that offense. An in experienced QB, NO WR, and just frank gore I can see teams loading up on Gore. Maybe he plans to use V. Davis? But I'd be surprised if I saw a lot out of that offense this season.

Seriously. Really how good is Martz? You figure he couldn't go wrong with the Rams team he had! Faulk was one of the best rbs I have ever watched, a solid o-line plus Holt & Bruce? I could have coached that squad. SF has nobody close to that talent Bruce is an old bastard now. OSullivan? Really how bad is Alex Smith? I will say they have an underrated defense though...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
            LoL you feeling ok?

I am very hesitant to play on the Bills this week. I want to, but it seems to be the "trendy" pick for week one. I am not sold on the Bills defense- yes they brought in Stroud to help stop the run, which was 25th in the league last season. They are still IMO weak @ LB, though it remains to be seen how Posluszny will perform. The secondary is also average, namelt ko Simpson @ fs.

Another thing that scares me is the left side of the o-line without Peters. That is compounded by the largest question of all being Trent.

I guess I need a little more to go on other than Seattle is on the road, & they lose week one. So do the Bills- 4 of the last 5 seasons, with the sole win being vs Houston.
            Don't worry...I'm all over the very public fave, Eagles as well! lol.

I agree...the Bills seem to be trendy here at predictem at first glance (although it is split money overall). I just think the Seahags are in for a down year, and they were never a great East Coast road team when they were winning divisions. Week 1s are tough...there's not much to go on. guess we'll see what the Bills are made of.

Surprised to see you down on the LBs....a general consensus to be a Bills strength...
            That Peters bassard would be a huge help though...no doubt...

Comment

Don't worry...I'm all over the very public fave, Eagles as well! lol.

I agree...the Bills seem to be trendy here at predictem at first glance (although it is split money overall). I just think the Seahags are in for a down year, and they were never a great East Coast road team when they were winning divisions. Week 1s are tough...there's not much to go on. guess we'll see what the Bills are made of.

Surprised to see you down on the LBs....a general consensus to be a Bills strength...
              Like I said, the Bills are the only play I've locked in so far. Trent Edwards looked very sharp in the game I saw him this preseason and seemed like he was using all of the weapons that were in front of him. Lynch will be a year more experienced and they get back Poz on D. The Seahawks just don't do it for me this year. Who's going to run the ball for them? Maurice Morris? Julius Jones? Neither of them are exactly scary.

Cross country trip to open the season against a team I think is going to be pretty good this year, I'll take it at a pk.

Comment

I don't know if that line is too good to be true or what, but I just don't think TB is going to be as good this year as they were last year. I think NO is the better team and should be getting more than the -3 they're getting for homefield advantage.

Does anyone think Atlanta has enough to beat Detroit b/c I sure want to play them

Comment

after glancing quickly these caught my eye...

SF+3

Pitt-7

Car+9.5
                  NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

NO-3
                    NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by dwd14 View Post
                      unlike others here i like detroit. the rookie qb situation is one thing but ryan doesnt have any help out there. the lions started really well last year and have weapons at reciever that should give the falcons fits. i cant say i will play it for certain but i havnt seen anything that would give me even the slightest bit of confidence in the falcons

Don't think I could bring myself to play on the Falcons here either. Calvin Johnson/Roy Williams vs the Hall-less Falcons secondary could very well be trouble. I don't trust Atlanta to put enough pressure on Kitna. If he has time, he's gonna connect downfield.

Comment

I guess you could say the Bills greatest strength defensively is the LBs, but only by default. Crowell is solid- 126 tackles last season. I just don't see how you could be thatconfident in Posluszny when he's played 3 regular season games. In Buffalo all you hear is how solid this defense is going to be, but I just don't see it. Schobel will get his sacks, but struggles vs the run.

Peter's absence is becoming more and more of a concern for me. Gaping hole @ LT, all I can think about is those two monsters Tatupu & Peterson blitzing the **** out of the Bills & disrupting Trent in the pocket. It helps that dt Rocky Bernard is out, but to me the Bills are not worth the play this week.

Comment

As of right now I only have 2 homedogs on my radar. The Fins & Raiders. The Jets are road faves. The Jets, who were 1-7 on the road last season. Favre is great, but he doesn't play every position. Ghoulston IMO will be a solid lb, not sold on Pace as that great of an addition as he only had one solid year in Zona. The D line isn't getting any younger. The Jets allowed 4.2 ypc last season, & Rickey/Ronnie could very well exploit that. Also, as bad as the Dolphins were defensively last season, they sported the #4 pass defense in the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                            I guess you could say the Bills greatest strength defensively is the LBs, but only by default. Crowell is solid- 126 tackles last season. I just don't see how you could be that confident in Posluszny when he's played 3 regular season games.
                            Crowell is done- likely for the season as he had arthroscopic knee surgery. I won't bet against the Bills as of course I want to cheer them on, but this is a huge blow.:puke:

Comment

Cardinals center Al Johnson out for the year! Pat Ross will take his place today at center. Ross was originally released from the Panthers. He was @ Zona for training camp, was released last saturday & signed to the practice squad Monday.

Alex Smith is doubtful for the game to thin out the already weak SF qb situation. JT Osullivan starting, really don't know what you're gonna get with him. After that you have Shaun Hill. I would expect a ton of Gore today. The loss of your starting center is a huge deal. I remember betting against the Jets when they lost Mawai & watching their offensive line struggle horribly. SF has potential to be a pretty good defensive team led by Patrick Willis. I would expect them to bring pressure to disrupt the Cardinals passing game, so IMO Ross will be tested early.

I think that the under 42 is the play here. Arizona may have a motivational edge with double-revenge after last season, but I couldn't be confident playing the Cards on the road. The center situation paired with the fact that they were a 2-6 road team is reason enough not to play them. Osullivan starting is reason enough not to play SF too. Last meeting in SF was a 20-17 game. One thing that I found interesting was that the Niners didn't have one home game total over 41 points last season. IMo it's a line based on percertion more than reality. Yup I'm playing it :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X